• 2 Post By jj9ball
  • 1 Post By jgayman

Thread: Frontier RB2184H parts question

1. Top | #1

Last Online
    07-12-2019 @ 06:51 AM
    Thanks

Frontier RB2184H parts question

I just got this 7 foot hydraulic blade for my 4044r. After I got the blade and used it once I decided I wanted the skid shoes and optional blade sides. I went to my local John Deere dealer to order them. The skid shoes were no problem. With the blade sides they told me that they could only be included when you ordered the blade and not after the fact. Can anybody tell me if this is true? The same guy also told me my blade wouldn't have the correct holes to mount them and I looked and it does have the correct mounting holes. Has anyone else ordered these parts after getting their blade? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Last Online
    03-14-2017 @ 10:30 AM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,061 Times in 672 Posts
    Yes, according to JDParts the end plates are listed as "Not Serviced Separately" and does not list a part number for them. I'd say he is not feeding you a line.

I am thinking you could easily make your own.

Here is the JDParts info.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Blade.jpg 
Views:	6 
Size:	50.9 KB 
ID:	310441

End Plates Assembly (Optional)
    Cart key PART NO. PART NAME QTY SERIAL NO. REMARKS
    1 ...... Plate 2 END, (NOT SERVICED SEPARATELY)
    2 ...... Spacer 6 (NOT SERVICED SEPARATELY)
    3 ...... Bolt 6 5/8 X 2 1/2 HHCS GR5, (A)
    4 ...... Lock Washer 6 5/8, (A)
    5 ...... Nut 6 5/8 - 11, HEX, (A)
    (A) STANDARD HARDWARE, OBTAIN LOCALLY
    Last edited by RandyM; 02-07-2017 at 12:16 PM. Reason: Add diagram and parts list
    Randy __________________________________________________ ___ Be Safe!

2009 - 2305 w/62 MMM **** 2008 - 2520 w/72 MMM **** 200CX w/49 bucket
    Weight Box w/extension ***** LandPride RTR 1558 Tiller ******* 54 Snow blower
    60 Gallon Demco Sprayer *** 60 Broom ** BB2060 Box Blade**SS2036B Spreader
    Everything Attachments ETA-PluggerV2-60 Aerator

The more I learn, the less I know.

4. Top | #3
    Last Online
    10-16-2018 @ 08:44 AM
    Thanks
    I know things "are what they are" but in my opinion...... This sucks! Doesn't seem good for the company or customer.
    3520 (cab, eHydro, R1's, 300x fel, forks, grapple) Frontier 5' cutter, 7' Tufline disk, 6' Gill pulverizer, 6' box blade, 6' rear blade, TSC post auger, 6' Woods rfm, 8' JD rotary hoe, 8' Brillion cultipacker, 6' field cultivator, Tarter spreader, Fimco 3 point sprayer, subsoiler, ken's bolt on hooks & clevis, JD Z920 ZTR

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4
    Last Online
    Today @ 06:51 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,656 Times in 1,255 Posts
    There are quite a few strange things with certain Frontier implements and parts. You typically don't encounter these issues with implements from other companies like Land Pride or Woods.

I do have a question... wouldn't having the end plates sort of defeat the purpose of having a blade with hydraulic angle control? I mean, the end plates pretty much makes the blade into a straight pusher.
    BigJim55 likes this.
    2012 2720 -- 200CX Loader -- 54" Quick Attach Snow Blower -- Frontier LR5060 Rake -- Land Pride RB1660 Blade (Hydraulic Angle) -- Artillian 42" Forks -- Ken's Bolt on Grab Hooks -- Fit Rite Hydraulic top-link -- 2013 X500 for mowing duties

7. Top | #5
    Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ky_shawn View Post
    I know things "are what they are" but in my opinion...... This sucks! Doesn't seem good for the company or customer.
    I agree. Looking at it from another angle, what if you had ordered the blade with the end plates and then somehow damaged one? I'll bet they don't tell you up front that the option is irreplaceable.

On the plus side, those plates would be very easy to make. Just pick up some 1/4" plate, trace the curve of the blade and have someone cut them out. The front shape isn't that critical. I'll bet you could make them for a lot less than the price JD would have wanted for the add-on.
    2012 2720 -- 200CX Loader -- 54" Quick Attach Snow Blower -- Frontier LR5060 Rake -- Land Pride RB1660 Blade (Hydraulic Angle) -- Artillian 42" Forks -- Ken's Bolt on Grab Hooks -- Fit Rite Hydraulic top-link -- 2013 X500 for mowing duties

8. Top | #6
    Last Online
    10-16-2018 @ 08:44 AM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jgayman View Post
    I agree. Looking at it from another angle, what if you had ordered the blade with the end plates and then somehow damaged one? I'll bet they don't tell you up front that the option is irreplaceable.

On the plus side, those plates would be very easy to make. Just pick up some 1/4" plate, trace the curve of the blade and have someone cut them out. The front shape isn't that critical. I'll bet you could make them for a lot less than the price JD would have wanted for the add-on.
    No doubt they can be made cheaper but it's the principle of it. Most buyers of their products do not have the know how, tools, and many the desire to make their own and would prefer to buy replacement part if it become damaged.

I may be totally wrong but from what I observe in my area frontier cat 1-2 implements seem to be purchased more by homeowners and commercial users purchase Deere or another brand all together.
    Last edited by ky_shawn; 02-07-2017 at 01:06 PM.
    BigJim55 likes this.
    3520 (cab, eHydro, R1's, 300x fel, forks, grapple) Frontier 5' cutter, 7' Tufline disk, 6' Gill pulverizer, 6' box blade, 6' rear blade, TSC post auger, 6' Woods rfm, 8' JD rotary hoe, 8' Brillion cultipacker, 6' field cultivator, Tarter spreader, Fimco 3 point sprayer, subsoiler, ken's bolt on hooks & clevis, JD Z920 ZTR

9. Top | #7

Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jgayman View Post
    There are quite a few strange things with certain Frontier implements and parts. You typically don't encounter these issues with implements from other companies like Land Pride or Woods.

I do have a question... wouldn't having the end plates sort of defeat the purpose of having a blade with hydraulic angle control? I mean, the end plates pretty much makes the blade into a straight pusher.
    I was being cheap. My logic I think was simple. I could grade my driveway and when I had a pile of "stuff" gathered up I could straighten the blade out and put the sides on and use it like a box blade to fill holes and level everything. Thanks to Frontier's weird parts policy I suppose I will never know if that will work or not

10. Top | #8

Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by RandyM View Post
    Yes, according to JDParts the end plates are listed as "Not Serviced Separately" and does not list a part number for them. I'd say he is not feeding you a line.

I am thinking you could easily make your own.

Here is the JDParts info.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Blade.jpg 
Views:	6 
Size:	50.9 KB 
ID:	310441

End Plates Assembly (Optional)
    Cart key PART NO. PART NAME QTY SERIAL NO. REMARKS
    1 ...... Plate 2 END, (NOT SERVICED SEPARATELY)
    2 ...... Spacer 6 (NOT SERVICED SEPARATELY)
    3 ...... Bolt 6 5/8 X 2 1/2 HHCS GR5, (A)
    4 ...... Lock Washer 6 5/8, (A)
    5 ...... Nut 6 5/8 - 11, HEX, (A)
    (A) STANDARD HARDWARE, OBTAIN LOCALLY

Thanks you very much for the info. This is the same picture that the parts guy at my dealership showed me. Its amazing they can't just sell me the dumb plates. I happily let them fleece me out of $85 for the skid shoes. It's sad when I'm begging to be punched in the wallet and they still won't do it.
    RandyM and BigJim55 like this.

11. Top | #9
    Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jj9ball View Post
    Thanks you very much for the info. This is the same picture that the parts guy at my dealership showed me. Its amazing they can't just sell me the dumb plates. I happily let them fleece me out of $85 for the skid shoes. It's sad when I'm begging to be punched in the wallet and they still won't do it.
    That's actually not a bad price for a pair of skid shoes. Land Pride wants around $190 for a set for a similar sized blade.
    BigJim55 likes this.

12. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements