Like Tree45Likes

Thread: 1025R GRAPPLE: Artillian vs. Everything Attachments

1. Top | #1

Last Online
    08-14-2019 @ 08:46 AM
    Thanks

1025R GRAPPLE: Artillian vs. Everything Attachments

Hi all,

Looking for some testimonials from owners of 1025R with either the Artillian or Everything Attachments grapples

Have heard through other forum that EA is coming out with a new lightweight JDQA grapple coming in around 150 lbs, compared to 250-280 for Artillian with all components accounted for including the Artillian frame

Of course with these small tractors, every pound counts toward lift capacity

Specifically with Artillian, I'm curious if anyone is running the single grapple on the 1025 - does it seem to secure awkward items enough (ie limbs/trees)?? It is not as wide as everything attachments

Also with artillian, any testimonies about how easy it is to mount and dismount from the frame?

Thanks,
    jermedic

PS I see some application with using this to scoop up piles of seaweed (rather than digging/gouging out my lawn by the water)

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 06:58 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jermedic View Post
    Hi all,

Looking for some testimonials from owners of 1025R with either the Artillian or Everything Attachments grapples

Have heard through other forum that EA is coming out with a new lightweight JDQA grapple coming in around 150 lbs, compared to 250-280 for Artillian with all components accounted for including the Artillian frame

Of course with these small tractors, every pound counts toward lift capacity

Specifically with Artillian, I'm curious if anyone is running the single grapple on the 1025 - does it seem to secure awkward items enough (ie limbs/trees)?? It is not as wide as everything attachments

Also with artillian, any testimonies about how easy it is to mount and dismount from the frame?

Thanks,
    jermedic

PS I see some application with using this to scoop up piles of seaweed (rather than digging/gouging out my lawn by the water)
    First the Artillian easily secures items whether in single grapple or multiple grapple format. The gripping leverage is very good. Mounting and discounting the grapple sections is very easy.

I like the long lower tine format of the Artillian grapple compared to the short rake on the EA model shown here.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	EA-BX-WRRG-2T.jpg 
Views:	300 
Size:	86.5 KB 
ID:	311145

That's a personal preference.

Both companies make good products, I prefer the Artillian product for its quality, versatility, and support (both for the purchase, and for this site)
    jermedic, Levi, JKR and 3 others like this.
    2015 1025r FILB (H120 49" w/piranha bar & KBOGHs, 60" Auto-connect MMM)
    Artillian Frame, Forks, Grapple and Diverter
    BB2060 Frontier Box Blade
    PB1001 Frontier 1 Bottom Turning Plow
    54" JD Snow Blower
    647JD Tiller
    LP1160 land plane
    Tektite Backhoe cab

Just need a Wallenstein Chipper and... I'm sure I'll think of something more

4. The Following User Says Thank You to mn1025rfilb For This Useful Post:

jermedic (02-08-2017)

5. Top | #3

Last Online
    Today @ 06:36 AM
    Thanks
    I have an Artillian grapple and run it on my 2210 which is a JD SCUT that is 2 generations older than the 1 series. In short I love it and think it is the perfect size for a SCUT. I have moved countless logs and rocks with it. I have also used it to root up roots/ground cover.

I have one grapple with 2 root rakes for my set up. To me that gives a fairly good balance between weight and performance considerations. Having a single grapple is no big deal and works out for me. I will say if you do not grab a log pretty close to the center of its balance point you might encounter some tippiness issues. That is simply because I have a SCUT and it isn't that heavy. It's not a particularly dangerous situation because the log will just simply dig into the ground and stop your tipping. You simply have to re-adjust your load. You will discover when you start moving freshly cut logs you need to grab more towards the stump end of the log than the growing end because the stump end weighs more.

I researched both EA and Artillian and while I like the EA grapple, it simply seemed to be too big for my tractor. Also it may appear EA is cheaper but once you start factoring in hydraulics etc it was not enough of a difference to me.

As far as removing the grapple, if you are leaving it on the frame then unhooks like every other JD attachment to a loader. If you are removing the individual pieces off the frame it is fairly simple. The root rake portions are fairly light and no big deal to take off. The grapple portion has some heft to it but is not overly burdensome. I have removed mine several times to install my hoe bucket. Takes only a couple minutes if you are organized.

I have more issues with the quick disconnects than anything. One of them simply doesn't like to work very well so sometimes I spend a few extra minutes playing with it. My FEL doesn't have a great place to mount the hydraulics since the grapple was not designed for this particular FEL. It is designed for a 1 series FEL so I doubt it will cause any issues.

If I have a 1 to 3 series and need a grapple, I would get an artillian again in a heartbeat. If I had a tractor that was bigger than a 3 series I would look at another vendor for a bigger grapple to take advantage of the bigger tractor.
    Kennyd, Levi, BigJim55 and 2 others like this.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to 69project For This Useful Post:

jermedic (02-09-2017)

7. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

8. Top | #4
    Last Online
    10-11-2019 @ 09:47 AM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,899 Times in 1,065 Posts
    I don't have a grapple, might be one in my future. If I was to get one it would be from EA because of how they make them and it's a dedicated grapple. Artillian makes a good grapple to work with their system but it's not what I'm looking for. I like the longer tines on the bottom and the top part to be the full length of the bottom part or close to it and all one piece. I just like the way EA makes theirs. Lifting logs can be done with either make but a longer top part is needed for me so I can also pick up piles of looser stuff without it falling off on the ends and not need 2 top parts. Just my thoughts.
    1026R -- 60D mmm -- H120 Loader -- Curtis 150 Tiller -- DR 3 point Chipper -- Howse Middle Buster -- Brinly 16 Blade Disk -- Kodiak 5' Box Blade -- 12-42 lb. suitcase weights -- Lawn roller -- Upgraded seat springs from psrumors -- Kennyd's bolt on hooks & clevis -- BXpanded tooth bar -- CMI 6' wagon -- Heavy Hitch Cultivator /garden bedder / hiller attachments --

Donated by some great people/vendors on here: 72 lb. wheel weights -- Bro-Tek 1½" rear wheel spacers.
    NRA Life Member

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Levi For This Useful Post:

jermedic (02-09-2017)

10. Top | #5

Last Online
    Today @ 06:36 AM
    Thanks
    Mine grabs lots of debris and branches and I only have one grapple but I understand your concern. I am using mine to slow reduce the debris pile left behind when I had 2 acres cleared for my house and yard. My only issue is I do not have a big enough tractor for that kind of work so I have to be careful when I am grabbing debris. Despite the clamping power of the grapple, I am only going to be able to pick up about 700 pounds.

The EA I looked when I was shopping for mine did have what appeared to be longer tines on the bottom. That is good for getting underbrush and small roots when clearing raw land. The Artillian does a great job at it as well. It probably comes down to owner preference. I recommend a grapple as a must have attachment if you have any kind of woods or unimproved land. It's also fairly decent at picking up construction debris as well. It can get at stumps but that really isn't the best use for it. My hoe bucket works much better and I am sure stump grinder even better but I can't afford one of those.
    Levi, BigJim55 and Drifterbike like this.

11. Top | #6
    Last Online
    10-10-2019 @ 05:06 PM
    Thanks
    Anyone know the price of the Everything attachments grapple yet?
    BigJim55 likes this.
    2016 1025r TLB, H120 loader with 53" bucket, Piranha tooth bar, Ken's hooks, 54" mechanical lift deck/auto connect & mulching kit, 260 backhoe with 12" bucket, Titan pallet forks, County line post hole auger
    1987 318, 50" deck

Reluctant member of hitting the Rops on the garage door TWICE
    (Gone but not forgotten) 1947 John Deere D, 1984 318, 1985 430
    Stihl MS290 20" bar
    Stihl FS110 Trimmer
    Stihl BR350 Backpack blower

99 Honda Foreman S

12. Top | #7
    Last Online
    Today @ 06:28 AM
    Thanks
    I'm going to be in the market for a grapple (as soon as the tractor arrives) so I'm dialed into this thread. I glanced at EA's web page this morning and didn't see anything about the upcoming lightweight grapple for a JD SCUT. The lightest one I saw was 300 pounds, which burns up most of the 500+ pounds of lifting capacity of a 1-series. They also started north of $1200.

I'm still leaning toward the Artilian. but I'd like to see some photo of the hydraulic connections and line routing on a 1025R with the JD third SCV. Anyone?
    Last edited by martincom; 02-09-2017 at 06:51 PM.
    2017 1025R TLB & 2017 1025R FEL
    2*54 Mower Decks w/Independent Lift
    2*47 Snow Blowers
    2*Cozy Cab
    2*Heavy Hitch Receiver Hitch w/Dual Suitcase Weight Brackets, Storage Cart, & 1*Front Suitcase Weight Bracket
    50" Wicked Root Grapple
    Land Pride LR1560 Land Rake w/ wide gauge wheels & plow blade
    BXpanded Backhoe Dolly
    MCS20 Leaf/clippings hopper
    647 Tiller
    2001 455 AWS & 1999 455 AWS--Both Sold

13. Top | #8
    Last Online
    Today @ 07:36 AM
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,081 Times in 2,547 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by martincom View Post

I'm still leaning toward the Artilian. but I'd like to see some photo of the hydraulic connections and line routing on a 1025R with the JD third SCV. Anyone?
    I believe most are using the diverter kit to operate their grapples, that way your hand can stay on the joystick to open and close it. To use the 3rd SCV you'll have to run long 1/4" hoses from the loader all the way to the rear couplers, they'll be about 12'-14" long. The JD 3rd SCV kit is also not compatible wit the Power Beyond kit that a lot of guys have to feed their backhoes.
    Levi, BigJim55, Ray_PA and 1 others like this.
    Kenny

-John Deere 3720 Deluxe Cab TLB
    FEL, MMM, Artillian 42" Forks and Modular Grapple, I-Match, Ballast Box, and lots of other STUFF.
    -John Deere 455 w/60" MMM

Bolt on Grab Hooks and other cool stuff are now for sale!!

Visit our YouTube Channel

My Equipment:
    John Deere 3720 Deluxe Cab, 300cx FEL, 366 Front Blade, 59" Front Snowblower, Ballast Box
    Artillian 3K Forks, Grapple, Front-Hoe Bucket
    John Deere 455, 60" MMM

14. Top | #9
    Last Online
    Today @ 07:36 AM
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,081 Times in 2,547 Posts
    I have the Artillian single grapple with two rake beds. I've only used to move large logs and not any brush, and it did a great job at that. Mounting the components is very simple, I and pretty sure there are some videos showing the process on their YouTube site.
    Kenny

-John Deere 3720 Deluxe Cab TLB
    FEL, MMM, Artillian 42" Forks and Modular Grapple, I-Match, Ballast Box, and lots of other STUFF.
    -John Deere 455 w/60" MMM

Bolt on Grab Hooks and other cool stuff are now for sale!!

Visit our YouTube Channel

My Equipment:
    John Deere 3720 Deluxe Cab, 300cx FEL, 366 Front Blade, 59" Front Snowblower, Ballast Box
    Artillian 3K Forks, Grapple, Front-Hoe Bucket
    John Deere 455, 60" MMM

15. Top | #10
    Last Online
    Today @ 06:28 AM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Kennyd View Post
    I believe most are using the diverter kit to operate their grapples, that way your hand can stay on the joystick to open and close it. To use the 3rd SCV you'll have to run long 1/4" hoses from the loader all the way to the rear couplers, they'll be about 12'-14" long. The JD 3rd SCV kit is also not compatible wit the Power Beyond kit that a lot of guys have to feed their backhoes.
    Thanks, Ken. My 1025R is not scheduled for delivery until next month, so I don't have anything to look at except what I can find online. I had checked Artilian's web page and they do have photos of their diverter kit, but I didn't know what to look for. I was hoping the 1025's third SCV circuit would also have front couplers.....I'm gathering from your reply, it doesn't.

FYI, I have checked your web site and viewed your YouTube video detailing the installation of your hooks. Very well done. If the hook business peeders out, you can always go to Hollywood.
    Levi, BigJim55, mark02tj and 1 others like this.
    2017 1025R TLB & 2017 1025R FEL
    2*54 Mower Decks w/Independent Lift
    2*47 Snow Blowers
    2*Cozy Cab
    2*Heavy Hitch Receiver Hitch w/Dual Suitcase Weight Brackets, Storage Cart, & 1*Front Suitcase Weight Bracket
    50" Wicked Root Grapple
    Land Pride LR1560 Land Rake w/ wide gauge wheels & plow blade
    BXpanded Backhoe Dolly
    MCS20 Leaf/clippings hopper
    647 Tiller
    2001 455 AWS & 1999 455 AWS--Both Sold

16. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast