John Deere Quick Hitch - Mower Attachment for 2720
Results 1 to 7 of 7
Like Tree8Likes
  • 1 Post By LeoC4
  • 1 Post By Kennyd
  • 1 Post By ChrisR
  • 1 Post By BigJim55
  • 2 Post By LeoC4
  • 1 Post By RandyM
  • 1 Post By listowel48

Thread: John Deere Quick Hitch - Mower Attachment for 2720

  1. Top | #1

    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Online
    Today @ 11:06 AM
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    41
    Thanks
    18
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post

    John Deere Quick Hitch - Mower Attachment for 2720

    I recently added a 54" snow thrower with the front quick hitch to my collection of implements for my 2720. Because the quick hitch has different mounting plates, a compatible belly mower mounting kit is included. Unfortunately, the belly mower mounting kit bracket isn't compatible with the mounting plates. As shown in the photo, the bend in the bracket hits the lower edge of the each of the mounting plates. The two faces need to be parallel and butt up against each other.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Belly Mower Bracket Interference.JPG 
Views:	17 
Size:	985.2 KB 
ID:	313298

    Has anyone else experienced this problem? What was the solution? Obviously, the mounting plates could be ground to relieve the interference, but wonder if that will reduce their strength.
    pcabe5 likes this.
    John Deere 2720 with 200CX Loader and 62D Belly Mower
    Attachments: Frontier LR1060 Landscape Rake, John Deere 54" Front-Mounted Snowblower, Frontier RB 1060 Rear Blade, Frontier PM1001 Middlebuster, Howse DLHT168 Tandem Disc Harrow, Tarter 5' Rototiller, Farmer-Helper EFG-125 Flail Mower

  2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements
     

  3. Top | #2
    Captain Hook Kennyd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Last Online
    Today @ 07:52 PM
    Location
    Westminster, MD
    Posts
    16,440
    Thanks
    5,064
    Thanked 4,084 Times in 2,549 Posts
    Can you take a wider picture? Seems to me I remember some spacers somewhere but I need to see more.
    pcabe5 likes this.
    Kenny

    -John Deere 3720 Deluxe Cab TLB
    FEL, MMM, Artillian 42" Forks and Modular Grapple, I-Match, Ballast Box, and lots of other STUFF.
    -John Deere 455 w/60" MMM


    Bolt on Grab Hooks and other cool stuff are now for sale!!

    Visit our YouTube Channel

    My Equipment:
    John Deere 3720 Deluxe Cab, 300cx FEL, 366 Front Blade, 59" Front Snowblower, Ballast Box
    Artillian 3K Forks, Grapple, Front-Hoe Bucket
    John Deere 455, 60" MMM

  4. Top | #3

    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Last Online
    Today @ 08:52 PM
    Location
    East Central Indiana
    Posts
    1,482
    Thanks
    94
    Thanked 241 Times in 173 Posts
    From what I remember, you cannot have the mower brackets & quick hitch brackets on at the same time. You have to remove one to install the other.

    What you need is the quick hitch support frame & quick attach mower mount.
    I cannot locate the part numbers, but I there are threads about this issue. I have the information on my shop computer, but I am not there.
    pcabe5 likes this.
    Kioti CK3510SE HST, Kioti KL4030 Loader, John Deere 655 Tiller, Frontier LR2072 Landscape Rake, Virnig V50 Pallet Forks, Woods GB60 Box Blade
    John Deere X739 AWS 4X4, 60HC Auto Connect Deck, Front grader blade.
    John Deere 825i Gator

    John Deere Tractors I have owned in the past.
    425 AWS, 455, 4400, 2210, 4710, 2320, 2720, X475, 1026R, 4120, 2025R

  5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements
     

  6. Top | #4
    BigJim55's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Last Online
    Today @ 08:28 PM
    Location
    Schellsburg, PA
    Posts
    11,241
    Thanks
    3,038
    Thanked 1,405 Times in 1,104 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by LeoC4 View Post
    I recently added a 54" snow thrower with the front quick hitch to my collection of implements for my 2720. Because the quick hitch has different mounting plates, a compatible belly mower mounting kit is included. Unfortunately, the belly mower mounting kit bracket isn't compatible with the mounting plates. As shown in the photo, the bend in the bracket hits the lower edge of the each of the mounting plates. The two faces need to be parallel and butt up against each other.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Belly Mower Bracket Interference.JPG 
Views:	17 
Size:	985.2 KB 
ID:	313298

    Has anyone else experienced this problem? What was the solution? Obviously, the mounting plates could be ground to relieve the interference, but wonder if that will reduce their strength.
    i have a 2520, same as ur 2720. them frame plates are different. it depends on the yr of ur tractor, at least it did for mine. a good place to look for the different brackets, is on u-tube. billstmax--shows a good detailed information about the different plates, he shows changing them out, every season to change from the belly mower, to the snow blower hook up for the quick hitch.
    i would imagine u need different frame plates to bolt up to the quick hitch. also-u need to post more pics to show more to others that are way more smarter than i am. good luck
    pcabe5 likes this.
    jim

    2006 2520 mcut, 2004 x475, 1953 model 50, 1985 318-was my Dad's,
    king kutter tiller-60", frontier-stone rake, jd-4ft brush hog, frontier-6ft back-blade, frontier-forks, 48 inch forks,
    2-54inch jd snow plows, jd-5ft-pull brush hog,

    2018 835R gas model gator-"aka" the Cadillac i say!! 6ft jd snow plow-which already has a dtac out on it. i got just about everything on it i could at the time

  7. Top | #5

    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Online
    Today @ 11:06 AM
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    41
    Thanks
    18
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Here's a picture of the belly mower mounting kit bracket and mounting plates.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Brackets and Attachment.jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	2.20 MB 
ID:	317858
    pcabe5 and johnH123 like this.
    John Deere 2720 with 200CX Loader and 62D Belly Mower
    Attachments: Frontier LR1060 Landscape Rake, John Deere 54" Front-Mounted Snowblower, Frontier RB 1060 Rear Blade, Frontier PM1001 Middlebuster, Howse DLHT168 Tandem Disc Harrow, Tarter 5' Rototiller, Farmer-Helper EFG-125 Flail Mower

  8. Top | #6
    RandyM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Online
    03-14-2017 @ 10:30 AM
    Location
    Stoughton, Wisconsin
    Posts
    6,594
    Thanks
    1,047
    Thanked 1,062 Times in 673 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by LeoC4 View Post
    Here's a picture of the belly mower mounting kit bracket and mounting plates.
    The mounting plates you are showing stay mounted on the tractor. The quick hitch should attach to them.
    pcabe5 likes this.
    Randy __________________________________________________ ___ Be Safe!

    2009 - 2305 w/62 MMM **** 2008 - 2520 w/72 MMM **** 200CX w/49 bucket
    Weight Box w/extension ***** LandPride RTR 1558 Tiller ******* 54 Snow blower
    60 Gallon Demco Sprayer *** 60 Broom ** BB2060 Box Blade**SS2036B Spreader
    Everything Attachments ETA-PluggerV2-60 Aerator

    The more I learn, the less I know.

  9. Top | #7

    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Last Online
    09-28-2019 @ 06:04 PM
    Location
    Ontario
    Posts
    6
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by BigJim55 View Post
    i have a 2520, same as ur 2720. them frame plates are different. it depends on the yr of ur tractor, at least it did for mine. a good place to look for the different brackets, is on u-tube. billstmax--shows a good detailed information about the different plates, he shows changing them out, every season to change from the belly mower, to the snow blower hook up for the quick hitch.
    i would imagine u need different frame plates to bolt up to the quick hitch. also-u need to post more pics to show more to others that are way more smarter than i am. good luck
    The brackets for the mower are different than the plates to attach the quick hitch to, saying that there is a way of getting a toolless bracket that attaches to the quick hitch bracket for your mower.
    The part numbers are the following. the brackets that go on after you take the mower brackets off is part number LVB25302.

    The bracket that attaches to those plates is AM134116. this is where the pto shaft goes through (bearings and such) to drive the blower.

    The bracket that you put on the plates to connect the mower is LVB24899.

    Once I got the plates on I struggled for 2 hours to get the mower quick hitch part LVB24899 to attach to the plates. As shown above they did not meet and upon taking the plates off and trying the bracket on the floor, the bottom left and bottom right part of the plates would not sit flush. As a result, I had to bevel the bottom left corner of the left hand plate and the bottom right corner of the right hand plate (see photo), after which the plates went on smoothly (after R&R of about 5 times-had to have bush guard on tractor which made for interesting lining up) and I was able to attach the mower toolless bracket and attach the mower. Now in the fall, I just take off the mower bracket, by pulling a pin, and then mount the quick hitch bracket for the blower.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSC_0993.JPG   DSC_0994.JPG   mower-1.jpg   mower-2.jpg  
    raco232 likes this.

  10. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements
     

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •