x758 plow ?'s

Thread: x758 plow ?'s

1. Top | #1
    Last Online
    11-07-2019 @ 10:42 PM
    Thanks

x758 plow ?'s

I'm lookin into a 54" power plow blade for my tractor and found a very lightly used one at the dealer off an x720 trade in. The salesman claims it was pulled right off the trade and its ready to put on my x758, but the closer I looked, I noticed it seems the hydraulic lines were about a foot and a half short. Also, I believe I need the valve to divert my hydraulics from the deck raise to the raise or angle cylinders even if the deck is off, correct? The salesman described it as a small cartridge that goes in the main valve block with a thumb wheel to turn it in and out, does that sound right? Any idea on price? He said the blade with hitch and all is $750, which is reasonable considering a new one is like $1600. But then he implied the longer hoses and the cartridge would be extra. Luckily I only live 1/2 mile from the dealer, so I'm going to drive the tractor down Saturday and test fit the plow, just wanted to get some input before I go. Thanks guys.

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Last Online
    09-29-2016 @ 09:29 PM
    Thanks
    The 4wd models have a different angle kit. The quick hitch will be fine but you will need a different angle kit.
    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I497 using Tapatalk 2

4. Top | #3
    Last Online
    Today @ 12:00 AM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 6shooter View Post
    Also, I believe I need the valve to divert my hydraulics from the deck raise to the raise or angle cylinders even if the deck is off, correct? The salesman described it as a small cartridge that goes in the main valve block with a thumb wheel to turn it in and out, does that sound right?
    Yes, you do need the diverter, or you will have FBS...aka Floppy Blade Syndrome. When you try to push, the blade angle cylinder will move back and forth because it will be squishing oil in and out of the deck lift cylinder.
    I don't remember the price, but it wasn't too bad...and you do need it.
    4720 66hp Open Station, Power Beyond, 3rd, 4th and 5th Rear SCV, iMatch, 400cx with SSQA, 3rd Loader Function, MX6, BoDozer Grapple
    JD 320D Skid Loader
    Gator 865r...Fully Pimped Out

X748SE 24hp, 647 Tiller, 54" front blade, 47 Snow Blower, 62C deck, JD disk

JD 997 Zero Turn

Farmall B

2 miniature donkeys, 1/8 hp (each)

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4
    Last Online
    Thanks
    Thanks for the replies guys. It's good to know these things before hand since obviously my salesman doesn't lol. That sucks about the blade angle kit, do you know off hand what exactly is different? The mechanic in me is trying to see how the blade angle mech will need to be different if the hitch is the same between 2 and 4 wheel drive models. From the sound of it, I may as well just buy a whole new setup if i cant find the right one used. I'm sure the used blade and hitch will be close to the price of new if I have to buy a new angle mechanism to go with the used parts.

7. Top | #5
    Last Online
    Thanks
    Well I went down today with the tractor and did some test fitting. I see now what tractorslinger was talking about. The angle kit off the 720 had everything in line to drop right in, except the spread between the plates was about 1/4 inch too little. So crap. Then the salesman says "I got a hitch here off a 2305(?? Some 2300 series anyway) lets see if that fits. And bam! Dropped right in and pinned right up like it was made for it. Had to remove the deck first tho, because the front deck u bracket where you adjust the height had the threaded rod hitting the angle hitch. But that may be a project for this fall so I can have the deck and blade on at the same time if I want. And the other thing I like about this 2300 hitch as opposed to the 720 hitch, it's about 8" shorter so it's not hanging way off the front of the tractor, it's built with heavier gauge steel, and the hydraulic cylinders are larger. So this week I'm picking up the setup with the shut off valve for $825.

8. Top | #6
    Last Online
    11-09-2019 @ 08:46 AM
    Thanks
    Sounds like you got a good deal. Post some pics when you get it home.

Sent from my iPhone
    John Deere 318, 50in deck, 54in blade w/ power angle

Looking for JD Parts check here on JD's official parts website.

Have no idea where to start with JD Parts check here for a how to.

9. Top | #7
    Last Online
    Thanks
    Well, got it home and got it on. The diverted valve was pretty easy to install after dropping the deck. I still have to come up with some way to hold the lines up away from the tire, you can see how much they droop. That will come after I finish running hose armor on the other two hoses, I only had enough to do 2 of the 4 so far. But so far so good! I can't wait for snow now.

10. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements