Tyr-72-Yk landscape rake and imatch

Thread: Tyr-72-Yk landscape rake and imatch

1. Top | #1

Last Online
    08-22-2018 @ 12:06 PM
    Thanks

Tyr-72-Yk landscape rake and imatch

I cannot find a difinetive answer on any forums.

The king kutter landscape rake models tyr-60-yk or tyr-72-yk, do both of these models work with the 1025r imatch without any modifications other than the lower additional imatch bushings?

There are other models of rakes by King Kutter, but I only want to know if these particular models work.

https://www.farmandfleet.com/product...cape-rake.html
    2016 -- 1025r, turf tires, 54" mower deck, h120 loader, ballast box, 54" snowblower, 54" front blade, 3 bag rear bagger, Imatch, Post Hole Digger, 5' Landscape Rake with wheels, 3 pt rear hitch receiver, rear light, bush guards, OTC cab with wiper and lights.

Upgraded from a 2001 -- GT235, 48" mowing deck, 3 bag rear bagger, 47" snow plow, dump cart.

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 10:26 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,659 Times in 1,257 Posts
    Everything Attachments sells those King Kutter rakes and they show them as being Quick Hitch compatible.

King Kutter Yard Rake
    2012 2720 -- 200CX Loader -- 54" Quick Attach Snow Blower -- Frontier LR5060 Rake -- Land Pride RB1660 Blade (Hydraulic Angle) -- Artillian 42" Forks -- Ken's Bolt on Grab Hooks -- Fit Rite Hydraulic top-link -- 2013 X500 for mowing duties

4. Top | #3

Last Online
    Thanks
    I know, but it also says "for almost every" and there is a lot of chatter out there about some are and some aren't. Then they say the professional model is, but not sure what that is. Would like some one who has model Tyr-72-yk to chime in.
    2016 -- 1025r, turf tires, 54" mower deck, h120 loader, ballast box, 54" snowblower, 54" front blade, 3 bag rear bagger, Imatch, Post Hole Digger, 5' Landscape Rake with wheels, 3 pt rear hitch receiver, rear light, bush guards, OTC cab with wiper and lights.

Upgraded from a 2001 -- GT235, 48" mowing deck, 3 bag rear bagger, 47" snow plow, dump cart.

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 10:26 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,659 Times in 1,257 Posts
    Actually it says "engineered for versatility by accepting the Quick Hitch or Standard hitch so that it fits almost every Category 1 Tractor". So they are saying it can be attached via Quick Hitch or directly to the 3PH (which is easy to confirm just by looking at the implement). That is the correctly wording to use as they can't say "fits every Cat 1 tractor" because someone might have some weird 3PH setup that is not quite standard.

I didn't see any reference to a professional model.

You can usually tell implements that are built to be Quick Hitch compatible as they typically have the large upper bushing already in place for the top hook. They also will not have any support structures blocking access to grab the top bushing from the bottom. Just looking at this mount I can tell it is Quick Hitch compatible.

I think there are actually two questions that need to be clarified. 1. Is it Quick Hitch compatible which we're pretty sure is a yes and 2. Is this implement suitable for a 1-series tractor which is probably also a yes but it wouldn't hurt to get a clarification from someone who already owns it.

You could always call Everything Attachments and speak to them directly. I'd also recommend calling King Kutter but I'm not sure if they have a direct sales staff.
    Last edited by jgayman; 02-26-2017 at 10:59 AM.
    2012 2720 -- 200CX Loader -- 54" Quick Attach Snow Blower -- Frontier LR5060 Rake -- Land Pride RB1660 Blade (Hydraulic Angle) -- Artillian 42" Forks -- Ken's Bolt on Grab Hooks -- Fit Rite Hydraulic top-link -- 2013 X500 for mowing duties

7. Top | #5

Last Online
    Thanks
    Thanks to a Deere owner I found that the tyr-72-Yk will only fit the imatch if the top link frame is cut down below the top link holes. Thanks Dan.

8. Top | #6

Last Online
    Today @ 06:36 AM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mainedad View Post
    Thanks to a Deere owner I found that the tyr-72-Yk will only fit the imatch if the top link frame is cut down below the top link holes. Thanks Dan.
    There are two different styles of JD Quick hitches one that has an adjustable top hook and one that does not (older version, I believe). Which one do you have? The picture doesn't show the top part of the hitch well enough for me to say yes or no.

I know for a fact Tartar Brand HD 5 foot rake will fit as I have one and have used it on the different style JD Quick Hitches. It appears to be build beefier than the king cutter. When I bought mine I look at how the tines are mounted to the implement. Mounting styles vary widely. Southern States sells Tartar brand and so does TSC. I am thinking mine was in the $500-600 range but it is very heavy for its size and nothing at Southern States is cheap! I like mine, works well and is very rugged. Good luck with your search.

9. Top | #7

Last Online
    Thanks
    I have the adjustable top hook. My source told me, if you use other imatch implements, cutting off the rake frame prevents the hook adjustment whenever you change implements.

I will take a look at the Tatar.

10. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements