Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree65Likes

Thread: New Grass/Leaf Bagger From Deere

1. Top | #1
    Last Online
    07-30-2018 @ 08:52 AM
    Thanks

New Grass/Leaf Bagger From Deere

Deere has come out with a new material collection hopper that takes care of a couple issues I have always had with the 14 bushel bagger.

1) The MCS 20 holds more material! I know those of you who collect a lot of leaves in the fall will appreciate that!
    2) It is I-Match Compatible. I have long viewed this as a real shortcoming of the of the MCS 14. Now, like my system, you can pick this unit up with the 3-point.
    3) Dump from seat. For those who donít like emptying bags and have some extra room, this hopper dumps with the push of a button.

I just got one delivered and will be mounting it soon. Will be a couple weeks before mowing up here, but I will keep you all posted!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_1327.JPG IMG_1324.JPG IMG_1326.JPG
    2007 JD 2520

62d Deck, 14 Bushel Material Collection System, I-Match Quickhitch, Independant Lift, 200cx Loader, 47" Front-Mount Snow Blower, 14k KW 3-point Genetaror, 60 Gallon 3-point Sprayer, 655 3-point tiller, 60" 3-point Blade

See how to connect your JD Material Collection System directly to the I-Match!!! Check this out! http://www.jamisonbryce.com/

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Last Online
    05-22-2019 @ 03:31 PM
    The Willamette Valley, Laurelwood/Gaston, Oregon
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Randy Lang View Post
    Deere has come out with a new material collection hopper that takes care of a couple issues I have always had with the 14 bushel bagger.

1) The MCS 20 holds more material! I know those of you who collect a lot of leaves in the fall will appreciate that!
    2) It is I-Match Compatible. I have long viewed this as a real shortcoming of the of the MCS 14. Now, like my system, you can pick this unit up with the 3-point.
    3) Dump from seat. For those who donít like emptying bags and have some extra room, this hopper dumps with the push of a button.

I just got one delivered and will be mounting it soon. Will be a couple weeks before mowing up here, but I will keep you all posted!!
    Real nice . . . You didn't mention a dollar amount . . . ?? .

Marlin
    BigJim55 likes this.
    Marlin

JD 1026R - March/2013
    JD H120 NSL Loader, JD 647 Tiller, JD Ballast Box
    Frontier BB2048L Box Scraper
    IMatch, Piranha Tooth Bar
    Ken's Bolt-On Hooks & FEL Receiver Hitch
    John Deere Wheel & Suitcase Weights
    Wheel Spacers - 2" Front, 4" Rear
    Heavy Hitch HitchíN Can
    LED Lights Front & Rear Facing
    Artillian Forks & Front Hoe
    R4 Tires Front & Rear

"Prayer can never be in excess." ~ C. H. Spurgeon

4. Top | #3
    Last Online
    08-09-2019 @ 03:53 PM
    Thanks
    Is the pick up self powered? I like the power actuator for the dump. The one I have for my 420 has a Kawasaki engine to suck the clippings up and has a manual tilt dump from the seat. Let us know how this works out for you.
    BigJim55 likes this.
    2018 2038R 220R FEL, 72" Mower, Radial tires, wheel spacers, dual rear SVCs, CtA grapple, single point for FEL, 60" broom with front hitch;2018 1025R 54"auto connect, HDAP tires, Quick Hitch, Ballast Box, Etc...;1967 1020 3cylinder gas, #47 FEL, 72" Landpride Grooming Mower, 6ft box blade, For Sale(no Hurry); life Member NRA since 1974

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4

Last Online
    08-11-2019 @ 10:15 AM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Drifterbike View Post
    Is the pick up self powered? I like the power actuator for the dump. The one I have for my 420 has a Kawasaki engine to suck the clippings up and has a manual tilt dump from the seat. Let us know how this works out for you.
    Pickup is from the powerflow assembly (purchased separately) this is "just" a really nice looking
    /functioning hopper system. I've been looking at this myself and am looking forward to Randy's evaluation.
    Last edited by mn1025rfilb; 04-28-2017 at 09:27 AM.
    BigJim55 likes this.
    2015 1025r FILB (H120 49" w/piranha bar & KBOGHs, 60" Auto-connect MMM)
    Artillian Frame, Forks, Grapple and Diverter
    BB2060 Frontier Box Blade
    PB1001 Frontier 1 Bottom Turning Plow
    54" JD Snow Blower
    647JD Tiller
    LP1160 land plane
    Tektite Backhoe cab

Just need a Wallenstein Chipper and... I'm sure I'll think of something more

7. Top | #5
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 04:42 PM
    Thanks

New Grass/Leaf Bagger From Deere

Quote Originally Posted by mn1025rfilb View Post
    Pickup is from the powerflow assembly (purchased separately) this is "just" a really nice looking
    /functioning hopper system. I've been looking at this myself and am looking forward to Randy's evaluation.
    I'll second that. Been looking at that setup myself for two reasons. 1). More capacity. 2). Would allow my wife and kids to bag the grass and dump it. Currently if one of them is mowing and the bagger is on I have to dump the bags. Wouldn't have to anymore.

The one drawback from current setup, which is the 14 bushel MCS mounted on Randy's cart is portability. Currently the whole setup stores on the cart. Blower, chute and deck bracket included. It fits in a roughly 2 x 3 foot space and I can just roll it around. The new MCS 20 sits on floor. To move it, have to pick it up with tractor or borrow some strong backed help.

I'm sure Randy is already working on a cart setup to store the new MCS 20. If you need a guinea pig for testing Randy let me know.

As far as price I've seen one on EBay listed for $2500. Includes chute, hopper, wiring harness and actuator to dump it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by cheesetrain; 04-28-2017 at 09:40 AM.
    Levi and BigJim55 like this.
    1025R w\ block heater and one rear work light
    H120 FEL w 53" bucket, 54" QH blade, 60" MMM w\ autoconnect, mulch kit and independent lift kit
    JD 3 bag MCS with powerflow
    Land Pride RTA1250 tiller and CA1556 core aerator
    Imatch Quick Hitch
    JamisonBryce MCS Imatch adapter
    Heavy Hitch weight bracket & sub soiler combo
    CMP Attachments 60" HD front dethatcher
    Garber 72" 3pt mount drop spreader
    Countyline 3pt PHD with 9" diameter auger

8. Top | #6
    Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Marlin View Post
    Real nice . . . You didn't mention a dollar amount . . . ?? .

Marlin
    MSRP is $2,500.00, which includes the aluminum hopper, wiring harness, electric actuator, two-piece chute, and SMV sign. The Power Flow is sold separate.
    2007 JD 2520

62d Deck, 14 Bushel Material Collection System, I-Match Quickhitch, Independant Lift, 200cx Loader, 47" Front-Mount Snow Blower, 14k KW 3-point Genetaror, 60 Gallon 3-point Sprayer, 655 3-point tiller, 60" 3-point Blade

See how to connect your JD Material Collection System directly to the I-Match!!! Check this out! http://www.jamisonbryce.com/

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Randy Lang For This Useful Post:

Marlin†(05-02-2017)

10. Top | #7
    Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Drifterbike View Post
    It just uses the standard JD Powerflow mounted on the deck that gets it power from the blade pulley.
    2007 JD 2520

11. Top | #8
    Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by cheesetrain View Post
    I'll second that. Been looking at that setup myself for two reasons. 1). More capacity. 2). Would allow my wife and kids to bag the grass and dump it. Currently if one of them is mowing and the bagger is on I have to dump the bags. Wouldn't have to anymore.

The one drawback from current setup, which is the 14 bushel MCS mounted on Randy's cart is portability. Currently the whole setup stores on the cart. Blower, chute and deck bracket included. It fits in a roughly 2 x 3 foot space and I can just roll it around. The new MCS 20 sits on floor. To move it, have to pick it up with tractor or borrow some strong backed help.

I'm sure Randy is already working on a cart setup to store the new MCS 20. If you need a guinea pig for testing Randy let me know.

As far as price I've seen one on EBay listed for $2500. Includes chute, hopper, wiring harness and actuator to dump it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    This unit definitely has some weight to it. I was actually surprised and very pleased on how strong and well built it seems. Wheels you say, huh??
    By the way, the chute is now 2 piece so it will store right in the hopper. That is how it was shipped.
    Last edited by Randy Lang; 04-28-2017 at 10:42 AM. Reason: Forgot to mention
    cheesetrain, Levi and BigJim55 like this.
    2007 JD 2520

12. Top | #9
    Last Online
    Today @ 12:23 AM
    Thanks
    That looks beautiful but for 2500 I suppose it should. I cannot wait to see it on it.
    Levi, BigJim55 and joshn3448 like this.
    Welcome to Intermission.

2017 2038R, 400, 3020 & HPX and thingies to hook to the them.
    112 - Sold in July 2017 but took me until November to admit I just cast it out into this cruel world.
    #compactfarmer

13. Top | #10
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 04:45 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Randy Lang View Post

Oh come on now neighbor, saw a guy down the street mowing and bagging his 1.5 acre lot with a push mower, so it must be time!
    2010 2320 with 200cx FEL
    54D MMM
    54" front mount blower
    Titan 42" forks w/ receiver hitch
    County Line 5' tiller
    6' JD rear blade (tree find)

14. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast