Quick Hitches Heavy and Akward to Mount? Who wants a solution?
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Gizmo2
  • 1 Post By Randy Lang

Thread: Quick Hitches Heavy and Akward to Mount? Who wants a solution?

1. Top | #1
    Last Online
    07-30-2018 @ 08:52 AM
    Thanks

Quick Hitches Heavy and Akward to Mount? Who wants a solution?

As with many things, it seems as the years go by, I am finding it harder to wrestle heavy steel tractor parts. I find the I-Match, and any other brand of quick hitch, to be heavy and awkward to get the pins inserted when you are trying to balance the unit and align the holes.

While I leave mine on, I understand there are times in which they have to be removed. Back hoe installation, incompatible implements, etc.

We are starting design on a universal mounting cart to suspend the hitch while you either connect or disconnect. I would love to hear any thoughts or suggestions on what you would feel to be a useful feature to make this effective and easy to use.

Here are some starting points. It will not be brand specific, any quick hitch will work. All 4 castors will swivel for maximum maneuverability. It will have a padded knee rest in the back to kneel on while you are working with the pins. It will be sturdy enough to leave the rockshaft arms and top link connected to the quick hitch (for those with a back hoe.) It will fold down for a smaller storage profile.

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated to get the best end product possible!

Thanks!!

Randy
    2007 JD 2520

62d Deck, 14 Bushel Material Collection System, I-Match Quickhitch, Independant Lift, 200cx Loader, 47" Front-Mount Snow Blower, 14k KW 3-point Genetaror, 60 Gallon 3-point Sprayer, 655 3-point tiller, 60" 3-point Blade

See how to connect your JD Material Collection System directly to the I-Match!!! Check this out! http://www.jamisonbryce.com/

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Senior GTT Super Slacker Gizmo2's Avatar
    Last Online
    Today @ 06:28 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,898 Times in 2,874 Posts
    I thought you could just lay it down (hooks down), lower the 3PH all the way, hook up one side at a time then swing it up to hook up the center link?
    1010 likes this.
    Keith

JD 2320, 200CX FEL/61" bucket , 46 BH/16" bucket, Artillian Forks, 72" Snow Blade, Landscape Rake, Ballast Box, PHD, The Wife
    BX42 Chipper, XUV 560 Gator, Z915B ZTrak

4. Top | #3
    Last Online
    Today @ 05:59 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,978 Times in 2,483 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Gizmo2 View Post
    I thought you could just lay it down (hooks down), lower the 3PH all the way, hook up one side at a time then swing it up to hook up the center link?
    I know my 3PH arms won't lower that far...
    Kenny

-John Deere 3720 Deluxe Cab TLB
    FEL, MMM, Artillian 42" Forks and Modular Grapple, I-Match, Ballast Box, and lots of other STUFF.
    -John Deere 455 w/60" MMM

Bolt on Grab Hooks and other cool stuff are now for sale!!

Visit our YouTube Channel

My Equipment:
    John Deere 3720 Deluxe Cab, 300cx FEL, 366 Front Blade, 59" Front Snowblower, Ballast Box
    Artillian 3K Forks, Grapple, Front-Hoe Bucket
    John Deere 455, 60" MMM

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4
    Last Online
    03-29-2015 @ 08:46 PM
    Thanks
    Solid Idea... Especially a place to park the draft arms and upper link when the backhoe is on.

Do you have a price point in mind?
    155c w/42" snowblower, lawn sweeper, cart 'n stuff
    2032r w/H130 and 61" bucket, frontier forks, 46 backhoe, subsoiler, 3point receiver hitch
    Triton 16-7 trailer

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Winterkire For This Useful Post:

Randy Lang (08-04-2014)

8. Top | #5
    Last Online
    Thanks
    That's a great tip, actually. Never tried that maneuver!

The main thought behind this was for those using the hoe. Apparently both rockshaft arms and the top link need to be removed. This would eliminate the need to even disconnect them from the quick hitch.

You could just drop the hitch into the cart, pull the lynch pins on the arms and top link, then roll the whole assembly away. Same for re-connect.

When I was testing, the kneeling pad would make it easier to get way down to where those arms disconnect from the tractor.
    Gizmo2 likes this.
    2007 JD 2520

62d Deck, 14 Bushel Material Collection System, I-Match Quickhitch, Independant Lift, 200cx Loader, 47" Front-Mount Snow Blower, 14k KW 3-point Genetaror, 60 Gallon 3-point Sprayer, 655 3-point tiller, 60" 3-point Blade

See how to connect your JD Material Collection System directly to the I-Match!!! Check this out! http://www.jamisonbryce.com/

9. Top | #6
    Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Kennyd View Post
    I honestly don't think mine will either, but I have never tried??
    2007 JD 2520

10. Top | #7
    Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Winterkire View Post
    Solid Idea... Especially a place to park the draft arms and upper link when the backhoe is on.

Do you have a price point in mind?
    I am definitely keeping the budget in mind on this. I don't want to speculate on price yet, but I do want to keep it VERY reasonable. It does not have to hold too much weight and the folding capability will definitely help with shipping cost. The more slim the box, the cheaper the shipping.
    2007 JD 2520

11. Top | #8
    Senior GTT Super Slacker Gizmo2's Avatar
    Last Online
    Today @ 06:28 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,898 Times in 2,874 Posts
    The 2320 won't either and if IIRC I need something under the ballast box to remove and install it. The old 650 wasn't like this.
    I told babycakes to just let the air out of the tires. Got one of those looks!
    Keith

JD 2320, 200CX FEL/61" bucket , 46 BH/16" bucket, Artillian Forks, 72" Snow Blade, Landscape Rake, Ballast Box, PHD, The Wife
    BX42 Chipper, XUV 560 Gator, Z915B ZTrak

12. Top | #9
    Last Online
    Today @ 09:14 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,550 Times in 1,173 Posts
    If you have a loader you can raise the front end slightly and... presto...

13. Top | #10
    Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jgayman View Post
    If you have a loader you can raise the front end slightly and... presto...
    That seems like the long way around to me???
    2007 JD 2520

14. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements