• 6 Post By cheesetrain
  • 2 Post By cheesetrain

Thread: Review of Jamison Bryce MCS Imatch adapter

1. Top | #1
    Last Online
    Today @ 01:34 PM
    Thanks

Review of Jamison Bryce MCS Imatch adapter

I've been owing Randy a review on the MCS bagger attachment and finally got a chance to do so.

When I ordered my 1025r, I knew I wanted the MCS bagger. I also knew that I wanted Randy's adapter from what I'd read on GTT. We use the grass clippings and leaves in the gardens to keep the weeds down between the rows and to till under for fertilizer and compost. I told the dealer what I was planning and that they are not to cut the discharge chute. VERY IMPORTANT!!! When my tractor was delivered, it had the mulch kit on it so the bagger assembly was still in the boxes. They only mounted the power flow blower to make sure it fit and then put it back in the box as well.

My first attempt at mounting Randy's bracket showed just how tight the tollerances are that Randy has on this product. The left picture shows the fit on first attempt. Thinking something was wrong I emailed Randy. He responded within 30 minutes and said that with the new paint on the bracket and the IMatch it was just tight. Hit it with a hammer a few times and it will fit fine. He also mentioned to read the instructions. I was hesitant to smack it with a hammer, so instead I dropped the lower pins onto the Imatch and with the bracket parallel to the ground swung it up and down about twelve times. Then one quick tap with a rubber mallet and it dropped in. Randy spares no expense on paint that's for sure. After I put the bagger together (a whole other story in itself), I had it mounted on Randy's cart. The cart is the cat's meow. I wasn't going to get it and save the money. My wife said get it or I'll regret it. Best decision ever!! With the bagger, blower, adapter and the bracket that must be mounted on the MMM all stored on the cart, it fits in a space about 3' x 4'. My neighbor, dad, father-in-law and my wife's grand mother marveled at how it all stores on the cart and can be rolled around effortlessly.

Since the Imatch makes the bagger sit farther back the chute needs to be longer. With the 3pt at notch 3, I put the chute into the bagger and set it so that the chute end is a little past the mid way point in the bagger hopper. This is so that if I choose to run the mower lower I have room so that the chute won't come out of the bagger hopper. I cut the chute originally at mark A, but decided that was a little to long as the end of the chute hit the back of the hopper. Cut at B was about perfect. Also, if you have the chute with the fill indicator, make sure to plug on end of the hose into the small hole in the handle of the chute. If you don't you will get the pleasure of unpacking 1.5 acres of clippings from the chute. Don't ask how I know this.

Mounting it on the tractor can be done one of two ways. Either back the tractor up to the cart and lift the 3pt or roll the cart to the tractor. I have been rolling the cart to the tractor since, even after using the bagger and Randy's bracket 8 times, I still have to tap it on with a hammer. Once attached it looks like it was meant to be there. The far right photo shows it mounted on the tractor in use.

One can't stress enough how simple Randy's bracket makes attaching the bagger. I actually read the instruction manual that comes with the bagger on how to attach it to different models of JD tractors. According to the manual, if one has a 2305 or 2210, you need to drill holes in the tractor to mount the bagger. YUCK!!! For the 1 series it requires taking the existing hitch plate off, mounting a new one that sticks backwards just a hair farther. You also need to remove the 3pt arms, but leave the toplink as you need it. Then mounting the bracket to the new hitch plate and secure with the toplink. You will need a very large socket (1 1/8in I believe) in order to mount it. Now mount the bagger hopper, which is heavier than you think trust me, on the bracket. Attach the chute and ready to mow. Sound easy?? Now imagine you have to take it all off to use a box blade or yard rake, then put it all back on again the next time. NO THANKS!! I'll use Randy's bracket and save my back, arms and fingers.

Only issue I had was mounting the power flow blower onto the cart. It's supposed to store on the cart using the same Z bracket that is used to mount it on the deck. However my Z bracket was to big for the tube on Randy's cart. The two photos below show the tube and Z bracket opening. I let Randy know and after some investigating he found that the pipe mounted on the cart was the wrong size. He sent me the drill bit I needed to drill it out and even a can of textured black spray paint to fix the issue.

I'm thrilled with adapter. It makes it so that my wife can handle mounting the bagger herself. My 10 year old son mounted it on the 3pt one time. It's that simple. Fit and finish are fantastic on the bracket and the cart. Randy's packaging is first rate as well. The bracket and cart come fully assembled, packed in one box. The whole thing is wrapped in protective wrap and tape that took my wife and I 30 minutes to unpack. Since the bracket is made to fit the Imatch exactly, there are no bushings to buy. The lower and upper pins are the size needed to fit the Imatch. I don't use the bagger all the time, but when I do it's nice to be able to just mount it and go. It takes longer to mount the bracket on the mower deck for the blower than to mount the bagger (Since I have the mulch kit I have to remove the mulch baffles to attach the bracket to mount the power flow. If you just side discharge, the bracket can stay on all the time).

Randy was great to work with, answered all my questions without complaint. I felt bad when he found the issue with the blower mounting on the cart. I had to drill mine out, he had to drill the other 20 or so. The sales guy at my Deere dealer was intrigued by Randy's bracket enough to write down Randy's phone number and web site. Thanks for a great product and the wonderful service Randy.

Any questions just let me know.

Tony
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails photo.JPG   photo 5.JPG   photo 4.JPG   photo6.JPG  
    1025R w\ block heater and one rear work light
    H120 FEL w 53" bucket, 54" QH blade, 60" MMM w\ autoconnect, mulch kit and independent lift kit
    JD 3 bag MCS with powerflow
    Land Pride RTA1250 tiller and CA1556 core aerator
    Imatch Quick Hitch
    JamisonBryce MCS Imatch adapter
    Heavy Hitch weight bracket & sub soiler combo
    CMP Attachments 60" HD front dethatcher
    Garber 72" 3pt mount drop spreader
    Countyline 3pt PHD with 9" diameter auger

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to cheesetrain For This Useful Post:

Gizmo2 (09-02-2014), Green Man (09-02-2014), Kennyd (09-01-2014)

3. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

4. Top | #2
    Last Online
    Today @ 01:34 PM
    Thanks
    Couple more pictures I found on my phone

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1409620290.110446.jpg 
Views:	25 
Size:	268.7 KB 
ID:	32296

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1409620323.830316.jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	290.6 KB 
ID:	32297

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    56FordGuy and Green Man like this.
    1025R w\ block heater and one rear work light
    H120 FEL w 53" bucket, 54" QH blade, 60" MMM w\ autoconnect, mulch kit and independent lift kit
    JD 3 bag MCS with powerflow
    Land Pride RTA1250 tiller and CA1556 core aerator
    Imatch Quick Hitch
    JamisonBryce MCS Imatch adapter
    Heavy Hitch weight bracket & sub soiler combo
    CMP Attachments 60" HD front dethatcher
    Garber 72" 3pt mount drop spreader
    Countyline 3pt PHD with 9" diameter auger

5. The Following User Says Thank You to cheesetrain For This Useful Post:

Green Man (09-02-2014)

6. Top | #3
    Last Online
    07-30-2018 @ 08:52 AM
    Thanks
    Tony,

I would like to say thank you very much (in the open forum) for the honest and thorough review! I am glad we worked through getting this right for you. I am especially pleased you like the system, considering the couple speed bumps we hit with this one. Thanks again and I hope my product, as well as your Deere gives you many years of service and makes your life easier!!

Randy
    2007 JD 2520

62d Deck, 14 Bushel Material Collection System, I-Match Quickhitch, Independant Lift, 200cx Loader, 47" Front-Mount Snow Blower, 14k KW 3-point Genetaror, 60 Gallon 3-point Sprayer, 655 3-point tiller, 60" 3-point Blade

See how to connect your JD Material Collection System directly to the I-Match!!! Check this out! http://www.jamisonbryce.com/

7. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements