Like Tree15Likes

Thread: Dump From Seat MCS Hopper on a 1 Series

1. Top | #11
    Last Online
    07-29-2019 @ 02:14 PM
    Thanks

Dfs

Quote Originally Posted by Randy Lang View Post
    This is an interesting project so thought I would share. I had a customer that wanted to mount Deere's latest "Dump from Seat" MCS Hopper on a 1 Series. This hopper is designed for the X Series, but he wanted to give it a try.

Turns out is mounts perfectly to the 1 Series and to the JB Bracket for the I-Match. No mods necessary, fits right out of the boxes. He said it works great on the 3-point because you can raise the hopper high enough to dump on a nice pile, if desired. He is going to get some video of it in action during this weekend's mowing.

Take a look at the pics. I think it turned out pretty nice.
    That's a really nice set up!

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #12
    Last Online
    Today @ 01:25 PM
    Thanks
    I'm curious as to how this setup is working out for the OP? This would allow my wife to mow while I'm at work and still bag the grass. She can't lift the bags very well. It would be a benefit to me due to on going lower back issues.

Looks like it's part number LP47170.
    1025R w\ block heater and one rear work light
    H120 FEL w 53" bucket, 54" QH blade, 60" MMM w\ autoconnect, mulch kit and independent lift kit
    JD 3 bag MCS with powerflow
    Land Pride RTA1250 tiller and CA1556 core aerator
    Imatch Quick Hitch
    JamisonBryce MCS Imatch adapter
    Heavy Hitch weight bracket & sub soiler combo
    CMP Attachments 60" HD front dethatcher
    Garber 72" 3pt mount drop spreader
    Countyline 3pt PHD with 9" diameter auger

4. Top | #13
    Last Online
    07-30-2018 @ 08:52 AM
    Thanks
    I know of a couple people running this set-up now. I will reach out and see if they can provide any feedback on it. Truthfully, the only thing would be the reach to the dump handle. Hopefully I can get a response or two on this. I will just have to dig back in the old memory bank and see if I remember some names.....
    2007 JD 2520

62d Deck, 14 Bushel Material Collection System, I-Match Quickhitch, Independant Lift, 200cx Loader, 47" Front-Mount Snow Blower, 14k KW 3-point Genetaror, 60 Gallon 3-point Sprayer, 655 3-point tiller, 60" 3-point Blade

See how to connect your JD Material Collection System directly to the I-Match!!! Check this out! http://www.jamisonbryce.com/

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #14
    Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by cheesetrain View Post
    I'm curious as to how this setup is working out for the OP? This would allow my wife to mow while I'm at work and still bag the grass. She can't lift the bags very well. It would be a benefit to me due to on going lower back issues.

I reached out to two guys this morning to see how they like the hoppers on the 1 Series. With their permission, I will post if they respond.
    2007 JD 2520

62d Deck, 14 Bushel Material Collection System, I-Match Quickhitch, Independant Lift, 200cx Loader, 47" Front-Mount Snow Blower, 14k KW 3-point Genetaror, 60 Gallon 3-point Sprayer, 655 3-point tiller, 60" 3-point Blade

See how to connect your JD Material Collection System directly to the I-Match!!! Check this out! http://www.jamisonbryce.com/

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Randy Lang For This Useful Post:

cheesetrain(06-25-2016)

8. Top | #15
    Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by cheesetrain View Post

I heard from both guys. The general consensus is they love the hoppers, but the reach for the dump handle is an issue. Both guys use my I-Match adapter. One has the standard set-up on the I-Match and the other is using a custom bracket I did for the Pat's Easy Change System.

One gentleman has back problems and does not even try to reach the handle from the seat. The other stated he has to lift off the seat a bit to reach the handle and, if he had not disabled the safety switch on the seat, the tractor would likely shut down.

I think its either a "wait and see" what Deere comes up with a solution for the reach problem or go in with the understanding the hopper handle needs to be extended to make the reach more comfortable. I have been thinking about getting a hopper for myself. Maybe I should think about it a little harder and do a handle extension.
    Last edited by Randy Lang; 06-27-2016 at 10:59 AM.
    cheesetrain likes this.
    2007 JD 2520

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Randy Lang For This Useful Post:

cheesetrain(06-27-2016)

10. Top | #16
    Last Online
    Today @ 01:25 PM
    Thanks
    Thanks Randy. I figured the handle would be the issue. I've got some flat steel laying around from another project. Figured I could drill a couple holes in the handle and bolt an extension on. Have to wait an see.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    1025R w\ block heater and one rear work light
    H120 FEL w 53" bucket, 54" QH blade, 60" MMM w\ autoconnect, mulch kit and independent lift kit
    JD 3 bag MCS with powerflow
    Land Pride RTA1250 tiller and CA1556 core aerator
    Imatch Quick Hitch
    JamisonBryce MCS Imatch adapter
    Heavy Hitch weight bracket & sub soiler combo
    CMP Attachments 60" HD front dethatcher
    Garber 72" 3pt mount drop spreader
    Countyline 3pt PHD with 9" diameter auger

11. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2