• 1 Post By Randy Lang

Thread: Let's talk about quality packaging

1. Top | #1
    Last Online
    06-30-2019 @ 10:15 AM
    Thanks

Let's talk about quality packaging

Hiya,

I promised Randy some pictures when he hooked me up with an adapter and cart. I haven't seen anyone post about the how well the parts are packed and protected. I took these 3 weeks after the setup arrived. (I was traveling for work when it arrived and it sat in the shop for 2 weeks waiting for me to get back) I haven't used the MCS yet this year as it's been bone dry the grass has only needed cutting 4 times since the start of August. Now that the leaves are due to fall, it will get used.

The box arrived with the caster wheels poked through, no damage though. What really impressed me was the quality of packing and protection. It muxt have taken me 15 minutes to unwind the foam tape from all the tubes.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG00026.jpg 
Views:	40 
Size:	385.1 KB 
ID:	61841
    The box. thick heavy duty cardboard, well taped, clearly labeled, first rate.

Name:	IMAG00027.jpg 
Views:	43 
Size:	434.2 KB 
ID:	61849
    In the box, snug and safe. Note the wood spacer/holder, quality and care that you don't see often anymore.

Name:	IMAG00028.jpg 
Size:	427.5 KB 
ID:	61857
    The MCS adapter all wrapped and protected.

There were no scratches or dents anywhere.

My only negative comment, and it's more of a preference is that the cart would be easier to move around if it had 4 swivel caster instead of two swivel and 2 ridged but that could be just me.

Thanks again Randy for a great experience and high quality product!

Tom
    Kennyd, RandyM, Gizmo2 and 3 others like this.
    2010 3320 Cab
    Loaded R3's, 300CX w/3rd SCV
    61" HD-Tooth Bar, 72" HD-bolt-on edge, Frontier Forx
    "A" front hitch, Mid-PTO, Air ride seat, Horn, Back-up alarm, Rear work lights, External mirrors, Auto cruise
    60HD broom. 366 Blade, 59 blower, i-Match
    Looking for: Rear Wheel Weight Set

Stuff for Sale:
    New 200CX/H130 Masts 25/2720-2032R
    New Jamison Bryce adapter, cart and chute

“Suppose you were an idiot, and suppose you were a member of Congress; but I repeat myself” Mark Twain

2. The Following User Says Thank You to tomd999 For This Useful Post:

Kennyd (09-28-2015)

3. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

4. Top | #2

Last Online
    Today @ 06:06 PM
    Thanks
    Picked up the adapter and combo cart last year from Randy at the same time I bought MCS for my 1026r. I do recall how well is was wrapped and the time it took to get all the individual foam and tape removed. Like unwrapping a Christmas gift for hours! Likewise, had a very dry summer here and little mowing much less need to collect. Now that fall and rains are back I've used several times and really like the setup. Really like the stainless single dump lever box that replaces the 3 individual bags. With some stretch, I can actually dump without leaving the seat. It does pack quite tight but having the whole contraption hanging on the TPH gives me the ability to shake it a bit and away she goes. Look in the middle here for a good view of the adapter bracket.. I am a little concerned that the spring loaded pins that carry all the weight load do not fully engage both sides of the bracket. I can see why because of lack of clearance for pins. Have studied to see if I could find an alternative, but alas, Randy spent much more time in design and seems to have a good compromise. Very pleased with system so far.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1443843108.283792.jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	614.3 KB 
ID:	63665Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1443843129.045529.jpg 
Views:	30 
Size:	726.9 KB 
ID:	63673

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Randy Lang and BigJim55 like this.

5. Top | #3
    Last Online
    06-30-2019 @ 10:15 AM
    Thanks
    DF,

I had the same issue with the pin on one side not locking in fully. I chalked it up to tolerance creep where Randy's part was on the minimum dimension spec and the MCS frame was on the high end of Deere's dimension spec. About 3 seconds with a 4" hand grinder on the end of the MSC frame mount fixed it right up.

Tom
    Randy Lang and Levi like this.
    2010 3320 Cab
    Loaded R3's, 300CX w/3rd SCV
    61" HD-Tooth Bar, 72" HD-bolt-on edge, Frontier Forx
    "A" front hitch, Mid-PTO, Air ride seat, Horn, Back-up alarm, Rear work lights, External mirrors, Auto cruise
    60HD broom. 366 Blade, 59 blower, i-Match
    Looking for: Rear Wheel Weight Set

Stuff for Sale:
    New 200CX/H130 Masts 25/2720-2032R
    New Jamison Bryce adapter, cart and chute

“Suppose you were an idiot, and suppose you were a member of Congress; but I repeat myself” Mark Twain

6. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

7. Top | #4
    Last Online
    08-22-2019 @ 03:40 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,879 Times in 1,055 Posts
    Put a rope on the dump handle and tie it to your ROP's.
    1026R -- 60D mmm -- H120 Loader -- Curtis 150 Tiller -- DR 3 point Chipper -- Howse Middle Buster -- Brinly 16 Blade Disk -- Kodiak 5' Box Blade -- 12-42 lb. suitcase weights -- Lawn roller -- Upgraded seat springs from psrumors -- Kennyd's bolt on hooks & clevis -- BXpanded tooth bar -- CMI 6' wagon -- Heavy Hitch Cultivator /garden bedder / hiller attachments --

Donated by some great people/vendors on here: 72 lb. wheel weights -- Bro-Tek 1˝" rear wheel spacers.
    NRA Life Member

8. Top | #5
    Last Online
    07-30-2018 @ 08:52 AM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by tomd999 View Post
    Hiya,

I promised Randy some pictures when he hooked me up with an adapter and cart. I haven't seen anyone post about the how well the parts are packed and protected. I took these 3 weeks after the setup arrived. (I was traveling for work when it arrived and it sat in the shop for 2 weeks waiting for me to get back) I haven't used the MCS yet this year as it's been bone dry the grass has only needed cutting 4 times since the start of August. Now that the leaves are due to fall, it will get used.

The box arrived with the caster wheels poked through, no damage though. What really impressed me was the quality of packing and protection. It muxt have taken me 15 minutes to unwind the foam tape from all the tubes.

Name:	IMAG00026.jpg 
Size:	385.1 KB 
ID:	61841
    The box. thick heavy duty cardboard, well taped, clearly labeled, first rate.

Name:	IMAG00027.jpg 
Views:	43 
Size:	434.2 KB 
ID:	61849
    In the box, snug and safe. Note the wood spacer/holder, quality and care that you don't see often anymore.

Name:	IMAG00028.jpg 
Size:	427.5 KB 
ID:	61857
    The MCS adapter all wrapped and protected.

There were no scratches or dents anywhere.

My only negative comment, and it's more of a preference is that the cart would be easier to move around if it had 4 swivel caster instead of two swivel and 2 ridged but that could be just me.

Thanks again Randy for a great experience and high quality product!

Tom
    Thanks for the kind words, Tom!

By the way, if you want to swap out the stationary wheels for swivel castors, I can do that for you. I have considered all 4 swivels, but as you said it, really is a personal preference. The thing gets kinds squirrely with 4 swivels, but I can see where it may work better for some.

Glad you are happy with everything!
    johnH123 likes this.
    2007 JD 2520

62d Deck, 14 Bushel Material Collection System, I-Match Quickhitch, Independant Lift, 200cx Loader, 47" Front-Mount Snow Blower, 14k KW 3-point Genetaror, 60 Gallon 3-point Sprayer, 655 3-point tiller, 60" 3-point Blade

See how to connect your JD Material Collection System directly to the I-Match!!! Check this out! http://www.jamisonbryce.com/

9. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements