My son Nick has been driving his Model A all over the farm and that was about all he was doing with it.
The other day he was digging around in a bunch of junk, er stuff, in an old corn crib and found an old water pump with a 540 shaft attached to it. He got it and the attached hoses dug out and wanted to know what I thought.
I grabbed the shaft and said, it's stuck. Long story short, we got it freed up. We tried pumping from a 5 gallon bucket. It sucked the bucket dry quicker than I could yell shut it down.
Well if that worked we should be able to pump from the pond to the pumpkin patch, it's been kind of dry. We had so problems getting it to prime and have made some improvements since the first try.
I realized now I didn't take any pictures from the back of the tractor. Maybe next time.
It was a fun little project and as redneck as the set up is it works good. The inlet and the outlet are 3/4 inch makes a ton of pressure through a garden hose.
We've refined the pumping a little. Shortened up the suction pipe and added a "Y" connector to make it easier to prime. The filter is just a bucket with some screening for a prefilter and some old window screen rolled up as the primary filter. So far it hasn't clogged up at all, the pond is fairly clean of big junk.