going to get a 3 piont conversion, what to look for.
Like Tree3Likes
  • 3 Post By dillon2

Thread: going to get a 3 piont conversion, what to look for.

1. Top | #1

Last Online
    08-03-2019 @ 09:35 AM
    Thanks

going to get a 3 piont conversion, what to look for.

I would like to get a 3 point hitch conversion for my 1950 A. I've done some looking around and have seen them priced from 389 to over 700 dollars. I'm not going to be doing any real heavy pulling with it. A 2 bottom plow at the most and some times a 6' brushhog. Has anyone done this before? What should I look for.

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Last Online
    09-20-2018 @ 09:37 PM
    Thanks
    I bought the attached 3 point kit from Titan Attachments about a year ago and installed it on my JD 50. Itís listed for under $400 and will fit your model A.

It came painted green (not JD green) and with everything needed, except the top link. I went to a local farm store and picked up a top link for about $45 that works just fine.

My ONLY complaint about the kit was that the rock shaft brackets wouldnít fit on my rock shaft arms. I did a bit of grinding and was able to get them on.

Iíve used the 3 point for plowing and discing, it works great! Itís obviously not original but it does the job and is easy to take on/off. I would recommend it.

If you have any questions let me know!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 456DB7A0-3DEF-4813-8FB1-DFFF84A36827_1516666975101.png
    Jim

1954 John Deere 50, 1958 John Deere 620, JD #8 Sickle Mower

4. The Following User Says Thank You to jmott5215 For This Useful Post:

dillon2†(01-22-2018)

5. Top | #3

Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jmott5215 View Post
    I bought the attached 3 point kit from Titan Attachments about a year ago and installed it on my JD 50. Itís listed for under $400 and will fit your model A.

It came painted green (not JD green) and with everything needed, except the top link. I went to a local farm store and picked up a top link for about $45 that works just fine.

My ONLY complaint about the kit was that the rock shaft brackets wouldnít fit on my rock shaft arms. I did a bit of grinding and was able to get them on.

Iíve used the 3 point for plowing and discing, it works great! Itís obviously not original but it does the job and is easy to take on/off. I would recommend it.

If you have any questions let me know!
    Thanks, looks like a good stout product. Probably going to get one myself.

6. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

7. Top | #4

Last Online
    08-13-2019 @ 11:35 AM
    Thanks
    That looks like the 3pt that came with my 60. Stout unit. I haven't pulled anything with it other than moving a couple of boats around. Only downside is you have to remove the PTO guard to clear the center bracket.
    Hutch

8. Top | #5

Last Online
    Thanks
    Well, It went on without a hitch. The lift arms were a little tight but no problems. This kit is unbelievably heavy duty. The lower arms are heaver duty than any of the other tractors we have. I think this will handle much more than the tractor can.

Click image for larger version.†

Name:	IMG_373.jpg†
Views:	2†
Size:	93.2 KB†
ID:	539834

9. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements