Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By drhutch

Thread: 51 A clutch questions

1. Top | #1

Last Online
    12-09-2014 @ 07:51 AM
    Thanks

51 A clutch questions

Hey guys, im trying to straighten the P.O. mess up on my new to me 51 A. while trying to adjust the clutch last night i noticed the bolts spin instead of the nuts spinning. im thinking im going ot have to pull the entire clutch apat to figure out whats going on but wondered ifyou guys had any suggestions as to what to look for. thanks in advance!

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2

Last Online
    10-21-2019 @ 05:55 PM
    Thanks
    You are correct, the bolts shouldn't spin they are a T headed bolt that impinges on the inside of the pulley. I don't think there is any difference between an A clutch and the clutch on my 60. In order to get to the bolt heads you will need to remove the entire pulley. I have only gotten into mine deep enough to replace the two facing disks. To do that one only needs to remove the nuts from the adjusting bolts and slide out the guts. Then use a puller on the fixed drive disk. This may be a real problem if the bolts turn and you cannot get the nuts off. Might need to get the hot wrench out. The fixed disk needs to be removed before the pulley can be removed. After you get the innards out you will need to remove the clutch fork and bearing assembly to remove the pulley. If you want PM me and I can mail you a copy of the shop manual page.
    Hutch
    DRobinson likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements