Like Tree18Likes

Thread: Any ideas on what to ask for John Deere A

1. Top | #1

Last Online
    06-05-2018 @ 07:55 PM
    Thanks

Any ideas on what to ask for John Deere A

Hello,

I've had my old A since 1975. My father-in-law made a living by having his own business fixing JDs for over 60 years. He completely went through this A and sold it to me in 1975. He is now gone and I have no mechanical ability to fix this tractor if something goes wrong with it so I'm selling it. I would appreciate any ballpark figures anyone can provide on what to ask. I'm looking to ask a fair price. A couple of pictures are posted. There is also a saw rig attachment that goes with the tractor. The tractor has always been stored in the pole building.

Thank you.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_1321FORweB.jpg IMG_0651 FORWEB.jpg
    Last edited by GerryS; 06-04-2018 at 05:40 PM. Reason: Added info
    44JohnDeereBR and bmichael like this.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to GerryS For This Useful Post:

44JohnDeereBR†(07-05-2018)

3. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

4. Top | #2
    Keeper of the GTT Cookies dieselshadow's Avatar
    Last Online
    Today @ 09:07 AM
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,257 Times in 2,563 Posts
    Boy, thatís a terribly hard question to answer and those tractors are super easy to work on and maintain. Around here you can buy a Johnny Popper running and ready to hit the field for less than $2500. I bought a running, operating 60, the Aís replacement for $1600. It was a bit rough and didnít have a loader.

Check your local Craigslist and see what others are listed for. That wonít tell you what they sold for, but itíll at least give you an idea of what youíre up against.

Thatís a really nice looking tractor too. I wouldnít give it away.
    - Jason

GreenTractorTalk.com Rules, Policies, and Terms of Use

Subscribe to dieselshadowman on YouTube

2720 w/ 200CX FEL
    , Ken's weld-on hooks, Fit Rite Hydraulics Top and Tilt kit, Artillian forks.
    1954 60 - getting full restoration, 1964
    110 round fender in the shop for crustoration
    Ferris IS3200Zzero turn mower

5. Top | #3
    Last Online
    06-03-2019 @ 07:21 PM
    Thanks
    One thing that is easy to do is search eBay for completed listings. That will show you what (hopefully) similar items have changed hands for.

Not that many As on eBay right now, but this will show you a few and similar tractors that may give you an idea.

Al
    BigJim55, Herminator and GerryS like this.

6. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

7. Top | #4
    Last Online
    Today @ 01:48 PM
    Beautiful beaches, moderated summer heat and lake effect snows. Right where I want to be.
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,431 Times in 1,363 Posts
    Sources such as Tractor house, equipment trader and Machinery Pete would be a good place to start. Here are links to their websites.

https://www.machinerypete.com/tracto...waAsBkEALw_wcB

https://www.equipmenttrader.com/Farm...aAobOEALw_wcB&

https://www.tractorhouse.com/
    Herminator and GerryS like this.

1025R with Mauser Cab
    (10/2017)/ 120R FEL / RC2048 Mower / All of Ken's Bolt on Products / 60" HD Front Broom / 3 pt 45 Gallon Boom less Sprayer / CA2068 Core Aerator / I-Match / 54" Snow Plow w/ angling Quick Attach / Frontier 3 Pt Sprayer / Pallet Forks / 8 -42# Weights

John Deere 455 (New in 9/1996) / MC519 Cart /60" MMM /47" Snow Thrower / 7'3" snow plow / Quick Hitch /
    4 -42# Weights / JD#10 Cart

ExMark Lazer Z w/60" Deck , Billy Goat Blower , Full Stable of Echo Products

8. Top | #5

Last Online
    Thanks
    Thank you. I'm leaning towards a firm $3500. My father-in-law had also switched it over to 12V. With the petcocks open, it turns over very easy.

Quote Originally Posted by dieselshadow View Post
    Boy, thatís a terribly hard question to answer and those tractors are super easy to work on and maintain. Around here you can buy a Johnny Popper running and ready to hit the field for less than $2500. I bought a running, operating 60, the Aís replacement for $1600. It was a bit rough and didnít have a loader.

Check your local Craigslist and see what others are listed for. That wonít tell you what they sold for, but itíll at least give you an idea of what youíre up against.

Thatís a really nice looking tractor too. I wouldnít give it away.

9. Top | #6

Last Online
    06-06-2018 @ 01:19 AM
    Thanks
    Please help me. A couple of days ago I was offered a good contract in the field. I use my tractor to help old couple gather some sort of agricultural crops. But today, I notice that my machine goes differently than it stops and when I take it apart I saw that pressure plate was broked. I called all my friends and in all the shops no one hasn't john deere 1020 parts. Guess gonna order them online now and I am not much of an Internet user.

10. Top | #7
    Last Online
    Today @ 01:48 PM
    Beautiful beaches, moderated summer heat and lake effect snows. Right where I want to be.
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,431 Times in 1,363 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Massini View Post
    Please help me. A couple of days ago I was offered a good contract in the field. I use my tractor to help old couple gather some sort of agricultural crops. But today, I notice that my machine goes differently than it stops and when I take it apart I saw that pressure plate was broked. I called all my friends and in all the shops no one hasn't john deere 1020 parts. Guess gonna order them online now and I am not much of an Internet user.
    Welcome to GTT.

Do you need help finding the parts, or actually ordering them online? What exactly do you need help with?

I see you have linked the website John Deere 1020 Parts to the post. Perhaps ,can tell us precisely how you need help (locating the parts, identifying the parts, determining which specific parts you need, etc.), and the best way to provide that help can be determined.

To the moderators, Perhaps this post should be it's own thread..(?)

1025R with Mauser Cab
    (10/2017)/ 120R FEL / RC2048 Mower / All of Ken's Bolt on Products / 60" HD Front Broom / 3 pt 45 Gallon Boom less Sprayer / CA2068 Core Aerator / I-Match / 54" Snow Plow w/ angling Quick Attach / Frontier 3 Pt Sprayer / Pallet Forks / 8 -42# Weights

John Deere 455 (New in 9/1996) / MC519 Cart /60" MMM /47" Snow Thrower / 7'3" snow plow / Quick Hitch /
    4 -42# Weights / JD#10 Cart

ExMark Lazer Z w/60" Deck , Billy Goat Blower , Full Stable of Echo Products

11. Top | #8
    Last Online
    08-23-2019 @ 03:44 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by GerryS View Post
    Hello,

I've had my old A since 1975. My father-in-law made a living by having his own business fixing JDs for over 60 years. He completely went through this A and sold it to me in 1975. He is now gone and I have no mechanical ability to fix this tractor if something goes wrong with it so I'm selling it. I would appreciate any ballpark figures anyone can provide on what to ask. I'm looking to ask a fair price. A couple of pictures are posted. There is also a saw rig attachment that goes with the tractor. The tractor has always been stored in the pole building.

Thank you.
    Yeah, that's not worth much, probably $100 and I'll take if off your hands. When should I pick it up?

In all seriousness, it's in the range of $2k-$4500, depending on the buyer you find and how it's running right now.
    Loader will add for some, reduce for others, so it's a crap shoot.
    GerryS likes this.
    2010 2320 with 200cx FEL
    54D MMM
    54" front mount blower
    Titan 42" forks w/ receiver hitch
    County Line 5' tiller
    6' JD rear blade (tree find)

12. Top | #9

Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Cutty72 View Post
    Yeah, that's not worth much, probably $100 and I'll take if off your hands. When should I pick it up?

In all seriousness, it's in the range of $2k-$4500, depending on the buyer you find and how it's running right now.
    Loader will add for some, reduce for others, so it's a crap shoot.
    Hi Cutty,

It's in excellent shape. I hadn't started it since last summer and it popped right off with opening up the pet cocks. I just don't use it enough to justify the space it takes up in the pole building. I would think a tractor in good shape up here should sell because there's not that many around. Besides, I'm getting up there and my kids keep telling me to start getting rid of some things. They think the clock is ticking for me!
    BigJim55, Cutty72 and Herminator like this.

13. Top | #10

Last Online
    06-06-2018 @ 01:19 AM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by SulleyBear View Post
    Welcome to GTT.

Do you need help finding the parts, or actually ordering them online? What exactly do you need help with?

I see you have linked the website John Deere 1020 Parts to the post. Perhaps ,can tell us precisely how you need help (locating the parts, identifying the parts, determining which specific parts you need, etc.), and the best way to provide that help can be determined.

To the moderators, Perhaps this post should be it's own thread..(?)
    I am new to the forum and that's why I didn't wanted to create a new thread.
    Well, as I mentioned, I am not an advanced internet user, so buying things online is a new thing to me. I need to know if I should trust the website I gave link to or not. And if not, how to find a good seller on the web.
    BigJim55 and Herminator like this.

14. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast