Locating John Deere tractor stats...where?
Like Tree21Likes
  • 3 Post By Herminator
  • 1 Post By 56Nine
  • 1 Post By IndianaJim
  • 5 Post By dieselshadow
  • 4 Post By DRobinson
  • 4 Post By Plug Ugly
  • 3 Post By 56Nine

Thread: Locating John Deere tractor stats...where?

1. Top | #1
    Last Online
    Today @ 02:58 PM
    Thanks

Locating John Deere tractor stats...where?

Yesterday, I spent the day with our restored 60 LP gas, on the main concours of the state fair. I was with the tractor for about 6 hours and had a fantastic time answering questions about the tractor related and found that I was woefully under prepared for some questions about the series of tractor. I could share the family history, but I had no idea of other stats like when the tractor was built, how many of the this series were produced, etc.

Where does one locate this kind of information?
    Darwin
    1025r -> 60D Auto Connect MMM; H120 FEL, 53" bucket, KBOH (3), shackle backer (3), bolt on replaceable cutter; Frontier SB1154; 5' king cutter box blade; king cutter 3pt trailer mover; JD ballast box; 1.25" rear wheel spacers, 40 gallon Fimco sprayer, 52" Ohio Steel lawn sweeper, 3pt King Kutter Poly Fertilizer spreader.

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Last Online
    Today @ 09:19 PM
    Thanks
    Google something like this for the make and model of any tractor: john deere 60 specs

It will take you to tractor data.

TractorData.com John Deere 60 tractor information
    56Nine, RonPol and PJR832 like this.
    Welcome to Intermission.

2017 2038R, 400, 3020 & HPX and thingies to hook to the them.
    112 - Sold in July 2017 but took me until November to admit I just cast it out into this cruel world.
    #compactfarmer

4. Top | #3
    Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Herminator View Post
    Google something like this for the make and model of any tractor: john deere 60 specs

It will take you to tractor data.

TractorData.com John Deere 60 tractor information
    I had that, I'm looking for the specific production information on the specific serial number. MFG date, # of LP tractors made etc. I wonder if there's a place in the Deere archives where one can access the information?
    PJR832 likes this.
    Darwin
    1025r -> 60D Auto Connect MMM; H120 FEL, 53" bucket, KBOH (3), shackle backer (3), bolt on replaceable cutter; Frontier SB1154; 5' king cutter box blade; king cutter 3pt trailer mover; JD ballast box; 1.25" rear wheel spacers, 40 gallon Fimco sprayer, 52" Ohio Steel lawn sweeper, 3pt King Kutter Poly Fertilizer spreader.

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4
    Last Online
    08-17-2019 @ 05:06 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 56Nine View Post
    I had that, I'm looking for the specific production information on the specific serial number. MFG date, # of LP tractors made etc. I wonder if there's a place in the Deere archives where one can access the information?
    I dont know specifically, but some companies that have been around for quite a long time have an area you can call to get the info. Surely Deere would have this info and would be willing to share it.
    PJR832 likes this.
    Jim B.

318, 49 Thrower, 2 80 Carts, 17AT cart, 54 Blade, 12" Brinly Plow, 30 Hydraulic Tiller w/extension & Briney 3-Pt hitch, 50 deck w/JRCO Cart Bagger.
    2025R, 120R loader w/Kens Bolt On Hooks, 260B backhoe w/8" & 16" buckets, Titan 36" forks, Imatch hitch, Weight Bracket/Hitch.

Exmark Lazer Z HP 52"
    Husqvarna 550XP, 562XP, 55 Rancher

7. Top | #5
    Keeper of the GTT Cookies dieselshadow's Avatar
    Last Online
    Today @ 09:48 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,256 Times in 2,562 Posts
    Two-Cylinder has a serial number search service they offer. I think it's quite the deal myself.
    - Jason

GreenTractorTalk.com Rules, Policies, and Terms of Use

Subscribe to dieselshadowman on YouTube

2720 w/ 200CX FEL
    , Ken's weld-on hooks, Fit Rite Hydraulics Top and Tilt kit, Artillian forks.
    1954 60 - getting full restoration, 1964
    110 round fender in the shop for crustoration
    Ferris IS3200Zzero turn mower

8. Top | #6
    Last Online
    Today @ 06:28 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,236 Times in 1,386 Posts
    Green Magazine publishes a JD Almanac which is loaded with information; serial number by year, numbers produced, basic information on the tractor, old plow beam numbers - all kinds of information. I have the first edition; I think they are up to edition three or four now. They are reasonably priced. (If they weren't, would I have one?)

If you post or PM the serial number of your 60, I'll look up the information for you.
    Don

2320, 54D MMM, 200CX FEL, 54 Front Blade with Artillian Extensions, Omni Transformer Hitch
    445, 54 mower and 54 front blade
    80 dump cart, 21 walk behind mower

9. The Following User Says Thank You to DRobinson For This Useful Post:

PJR832(08-17-2018)

10. Top | #7
    Last Online
    Today @ 04:04 PM
    Thanks
    If none of the suggestions already posted don't get you there, you could call the John Deere museum in Waterloo, Iowa and ask. (319) 292-6126. They might not be able to directly answer your questions, but they could most likely steer you in the right direction.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Plug Ugly For This Useful Post:

Zebrafive(08-17-2018)

12. Top | #8
    Last Online
    Thanks
    Gentlemen, thank you for the leads!

I figured there had to be some places to get started and I was having little luck getting started, I will follow up on each suggestion.

Quote Originally Posted by dieselshadow View Post
    Two-Cylinder has a serial number search service they offer. I think it's quite the deal myself.
    I just stumbled across Thursday evening late and didn't do anything with it, as I was unsure about the value. I think I'll pull the trigger and get that ordered, thanks for the suggestion Jason.

Quote Originally Posted by DRobinson View Post
    Green Magazine publishes a JD Almanac which is loaded with information; serial number by year, numbers produced, basic information on the tractor, old plow beam numbers - all kinds of information. I have the first edition; I think they are up to edition three or four now. They are reasonably priced. (If they weren't, would I have one?)

If you post or PM the serial number of your 60, I'll look up the information for you.
    On it's way! Thank you Don!

Quote Originally Posted by Plug Ugly View Post
    If none of the suggestions already posted don't get you there, you could call the John Deere museum in Waterloo, Iowa and ask. (319) 292-6126. They might not be able to directly answer your questions, but they could most likely steer you in the right direction.
    I'll give them a call Monday. I had not thought of adding museum to my search and all the Deere numbers I was coming up with were related to sales and service which I'm sure are helpful. Wandering around through the antique world is a new adventure for me! Thank you Plug Ugly!
    Darwin

13. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements