John deere M

Thread: John deere M

1. Top | #1

Last Online
    01-11-2019 @ 11:31 AM
    Thanks

John deere M

Hello everyone i just bought me a 1948 m and im slowly working on it, the question i have is that the front rims are the original cast iron ones but they had a rough life, pieces broke off at the tire bead, im guessing the tires have tubes in them. Id like to convert it over to hubs and use stamped steel rims but i dont know if it can be done or where to find the hubs at? i seen some at napa but i don't think they'll work.

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Last Online
    Today @ 10:14 AM
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,236 Times in 1,386 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bweld View Post
    Hello everyone i just bought me a 1948 m and im slowly working on it, the question i have is that the front rims are the original cast iron ones but they had a rough life, pieces broke off at the tire bead, im guessing the tires have tubes in them. Id like to convert it over to hubs and use stamped steel rims but i dont know if it can be done or where to find the hubs at? i seen some at napa but i don't think they'll work.
    Welcome. You can check JDParts to see if they are still available. Also, check the salvage yards. Steiner Tractor Parts is a good source for older repair parts.
    Don

2320, 54D MMM, 200CX FEL, 54 Front Blade with Artillian Extensions, Omni Transformer Hitch
    445, 54 mower and 54 front blade
    80 dump cart, 21 walk behind mower

4. Top | #3
    Last Online
    08-16-2019 @ 03:00 PM
    Thanks
    Yes welcome to GTT. Yesterdays tractor is another source. Good luck and have fun with it. I have a 1952 MC scattered all over the place but hope to get back to it soon.

https://www.yesterdaystractors.com/c...Wheels&r=mcats
    2012 JD 2320
    1985 JD 318
    1952 JD MC
    1974 IH 784 4WD

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4

Last Online
    01-11-2019 @ 11:31 AM
    Thanks
    Thanks guys, ill check them out and see what i can come up with. I might have more questions down the road, for now i ordered the full gasket kit for the engine, it smokes a little out the oil fill i figured it needs a set of rings. Also it has a rough time idleing.
    Last edited by Bweld; 10-27-2018 at 07:54 PM.

7. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements