• 1 Post By Caledon Hills
  • 2 Post By tommyhawk

Thread: Manuals

1. Top | #1

Last Online
    10-05-2019 @ 11:19 PM
    Thanks

Manuals

Has anyone ever heard of Peaceful Creek antique and vintage manuals. Far as I can tell they offer reasonable prices reprint tractor manuals for several different colors. I cant find any reveiws on these folks, and since I got burned by davenport tractor I have been looking for a place to get a john deere reprint service manual. They are also called peaceful creek llc. If anyone has used these guys or knows of them please chime in before I send out more money I wont get back.
    Gizmo2 likes this.
    1946 electric start A, and 1950 A

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Last Online
    09-21-2019 @ 05:54 PM
    Thanks

Peaceful Creek manuals

I'd say go ahead and buy the manuals you need from Peaceful Creek. I've purchased twice from them off Ebay and both times the transaction went smoothly.
    The first time was about a year ago I ordered a model 40 manual set, and then about three months ago a set for the 730. Both times the prices were good, shipping was fast, and the quality was excellent.

Sorry to hear about your problem with Davenport Tractor. I've bought from them several times over the years, but not recently.
    They were awesome to deal with, a real class act.

I actually went to their store last Tuesday Sept. 3 to pick up a few things and visit. Well I parked across the street and looking over I thought, "This doesn't look right." There was no signage at all and pretty dark inside. Went to the door and it was locked and the interior was a mess with what appeared to be a bunch of brewery equipment stored inside. Nary a tractor part to be found! Checked the net and sure enough, lots of people upset with them.
    I even went and checked the different address they show for return shipments but it was a huge empty warehouse on one side of the building, and a massive fabrication shop on the other. Very sad.
    T-Mo likes this.
    JD 2305, JD 5105M, JD 40H, JD 40V, JD 420H, JD 430S, JD 430U, JD 430W, JD 730D ARG HC, JD 45 combine

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Caledon Hills For This Useful Post:

Afan (09-10-2019)

5. Top | #3

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 05:22 PM
    Thanks
    So, Davenport tractor just closed up? I also used them many times with excellent service. I had recommended them to others several times for the manuals. About 6 weeks ago I was wanting to order another manual for a 420 garden tractor and a magneto coil for a B. Website was still up as usual, but no one answered the phone or my e-mails. I though maybe they were involved with the flooding around Davenport and they would eventually get back. Maybe that wasn't the case. Sure hate to hear another good outfit has disappeared.
    I'm going to check out Peaceful Creek too. Thanks for the lead, Afan. Sorry about your bad deal, especially if I sent you there!

tommyhawk
    T-Mo and Afan like this.

6. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

7. Top | #4
    Last Online
    09-21-2019 @ 01:40 PM
    Thanks
    Just out of curiosity, why dont you just buy them from Deere, you can get a hard copy, or an electronic copy, and they are just as cheap or in some cases cheaper than the reprints other companies are doing. You can get the service and operators manuals, thats where i buy all mine. Honestly, i prefer the electronic because i can print as many pages as many times and not worry about screwing anything up.

8. Top | #5
    Last Online
    Today @ 02:10 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,644 Times in 1,244 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tlock0331 View Post
    Just out of curiosity, why dont you just buy them from Deere, you can get a hard copy, or an electronic copy, and they are just as cheap or in some cases cheaper than the reprints other companies are doing. You can get the service and operators manuals, thats where i buy all mine. Honestly, i prefer the electronic because i can print as many pages as many times and not worry about screwing anything up.
    I would check prices first. Deere raised the price on all the manuals and most now cost a couple hundred dollars. Quite frankly the prices are now nuts.
    2012 2720 -- 200CX Loader -- 54" Quick Attach Snow Blower -- Frontier LR5060 Rake -- Land Pride RB1660 Blade (Hydraulic Angle) -- Artillian 42" Forks -- Ken's Bolt on Grab Hooks -- Fit Rite Hydraulic top-link -- 2013 X500 for mowing duties

9. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements