Radiator replacement 630

Thread: Radiator replacement 630

1. Top | #1

Last Online
    08-18-2015 @ 11:12 AM
    Thanks

Radiator replacement 630

I am replacing the radiator core on a 630 with power steering. I need direction on how to remove the steering support. As always, almost 60 years of rust and corrosion is a problem. What part of the steering linkage must be removed, and what order?

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Last Online
    03-14-2017 @ 10:30 AM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,062 Times in 673 Posts
    Not sure this will help much but, JDParts has a PDF of the parts break-down of your machine. You might want to check into getting a service manual for it as well. Sorry, I can't be of much more help on this one.
    Randy __________________________________________________ ___ Be Safe!

2009 - 2305 w/62 MMM **** 2008 - 2520 w/72 MMM **** 200CX w/49 bucket
    Weight Box w/extension ***** LandPride RTR 1558 Tiller ******* 54 Snow blower
    60 Gallon Demco Sprayer *** 60 Broom ** BB2060 Box Blade**SS2036B Spreader
    Everything Attachments ETA-PluggerV2-60 Aerator

The more I learn, the less I know.

4. Top | #3
    Last Online
    06-02-2017 @ 07:24 PM
    Thanks
    If it is anything like other 2-cylinder Deeres, all the steering shafts slip over each other and are held in place by set screws. An official service manual, a wire brush, and a can of PB Blaster are going to be your best buddies for this project.
    '50 Model M w/electronic ignition, 12v conversion, and a 3pt conversion plus a homemade snowplow, a Deere Model 51 trailer plow, a Woods RM59 finish mower, a Bark Buster splitter, and a few other toys.
    '69 Sears Suburban 14 48" deck and 42" back blade, an estate rake, and a sweeper.
    '07 F250 XL Powerstroke, crew cab, short box, 4x4.
    '85 F150... I finally sold my very first truck after racking up over half-a-million miles on the original drivetrain.

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4

Last Online
    08-13-2019 @ 11:35 AM
    Thanks
    Don't know if you are beyond this or not but...Not sure what you mean by "steering support". On my 60 I removed the radiator cover, took the steering wheel off, took off the covers on the pedestal and removed the steering shaft. You then have to just remove anything in the way of the core, tank top, breather tube and all other bits n pieces. I removed the fan shaft / fan as everything was going to come off anyway and that makes taking the fan shroud off a bunch easier. Mine did not have power steering so that helped a bit.

7. Top | #5

Last Online
    08-18-2015 @ 11:12 AM
    Thanks
    I really appreciate all the information. All together again and no leaks. I was reading in the 630 manual, John Deere recommended adding a recognized brand of radiator sealer. Have not done this. I did find 2 fibrous straws laying on top of old core, possibly factory? Thanks again!

8. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements