Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By tlock0331

Thread: John Deere L A Values ?

1. Top | #1

Last Online
    03-20-2016 @ 11:55 AM
    Thanks

John Deere L A Values ?

I have been wanting a John Deere L A for a couple of years. I am wondering what the values or range of values are . I know it is depending on a lot of things but generally speaking. Early model in reconditioned condition with new tires and excellent paint and electric start and everything working. Thanks for any information

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Last Online
    07-15-2019 @ 12:49 PM
    Thanks
    That is a tough one. I have an early styled L and a mid year model LA. Both with serial tags. A good tagged L, LA, or LI will bring more money because most didnt survive. There is no build information other than the year thats available. Those records were lost in a fire years ago. I didnt give much for either of mine, but they are kinda rough. It does seem the later LA's bring more than the regular L's. All i can say on a value is, how much do you feel you would like to pay? What do you do if you find a nice one for 1500 bucks, but its 3000 miles away or an okay one, 3000 bucks but its 50 feet away. New tires are worth a lot, just price those online haha. New paint is always something that messes with me so i inspect a lot of hiding places on it to see just how far they went. Did they pull it ALL apart and paint everything or just paint what you can see? Its also kinda hard cause we dont know what the asking price is, location makes a difference. If it sounds good, no real issues, then pay what you are comfortable with.
    DRobinson likes this.

4. Top | #3

Last Online
    03-20-2016 @ 11:55 AM
    Thanks
    I certainly appreciate your comments on the LA. I see LA's listing for 3500 in working but used and unrestored condition. On the other hand I have seen them offered at over 5,000 restored. I was hoping for a generally accepted value range on these unique JD's. but this may not be a good indicator of what I am seeking. Thanks for any comments

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4
    Last Online
    07-15-2019 @ 12:49 PM
    Thanks
    dont take this the wrong way, but i think my generally accepted value of something is probably not the same as someone elses. Just cause i ask 15,000k for something doesnt mean im going to get it, much less give it when its something i want. I think a generally accepted value would be what you are willing to pay for something. If Ford only made 1 66 ford mustang coupe with a 6 cylinder, 3 speed, no options, green and green hounds tooth interior doesnt mean its worth more than a model they made 250,000k just cause its the only one. Value is nothing more than perspective between two people.

7. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements