John Deere H issue

Thread: John Deere H issue

1. Top | #1

Last Online
    04-03-2018 @ 11:29 AM
    Thanks

John Deere H issue

My neighbor has an old JD h and asked for my opinion on a issue, with the tractor running, transmission in neutral, clutch disengaged everything sounds fine. When you engage the clutch with transmission still in neutral you can hear a slight clunking noise. My thoughts are something with the transmission input shaft, possibly bearings? The transmission is also full of oil.
    , has anyone any suggestions as to what the issue is and how to repair? Thanks
    - JD 1025R, R4s, H120 FEL, 53" bucket w/ hooks, 54" auto connect MMM, wheel weights
    - Artillian Forks 42",
    - Expanded piranha bucket edge
    - 72" FEL mounted snow plow,
    - Home built-35 gal 3pt. sprayer w/ pto pump, 3 pt. Hitch weight bracket w/ receiver hitch, holds 8 JD 42 lb. wts, Ballast box 3pt., w/ 6" caster wheels, stainless steel lawn roller
    - JD 425, 54" MMM, 3pt. PTO, MC 519 collection cart with hydraulic dump and power flow

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Last Online
    06-02-2017 @ 07:24 PM
    Thanks
    A bearing gone bad would make sense. Probably in the transmission and not the engine or clutch since the clutch on an H runs off the camshaft. Hard to diagnose without seeing or hearing it for myself. Do you have a video you could post?
    '50 Model M w/electronic ignition, 12v conversion, and a 3pt conversion plus a homemade snowplow, a Deere Model 51 trailer plow, a Woods RM59 finish mower, a Bark Buster splitter, and a few other toys.
    '69 Sears Suburban 14 48" deck and 42" back blade, an estate rake, and a sweeper.
    '07 F250 XL Powerstroke, crew cab, short box, 4x4.
    '85 F150... I finally sold my very first truck after racking up over half-a-million miles on the original drivetrain.

4. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements