Like Tree42Likes

Thread: KBOH - Tractor shows etc

1. Top | #1

Last Online
    Today @ 02:13 PM
    Thanks

KBOH - Tractor shows etc

Kenny,
    Do you have a list of what, if any shows you attend with stuff for sale etc. I travel for work and generally find it easier to buy stuff in person than have it delivered home where it may sit for 3-4 days before someone realizes it is on the front porch.

William
    BigJim55 and Herminator like this.

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Last Online
    Today @ 09:20 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,133 Times in 2,576 Posts
    William,
    We have only ever sold products at the Empire Farm Days show in upstate New York, that was this past August, and we will be returning next year. Doing shows like that is a logistical nightmare, and a money looser when you factor in all the expenses, we are not looking to do any more than this.

Empire Farm Days - All the Excitement of Northeast Ag in Just One Place!
    Kenny

-John Deere 3720 Deluxe Cab TLB
    FEL, MMM, Artillian 42" Forks and Modular Grapple, I-Match, Ballast Box, and lots of other STUFF.
    -John Deere 455 w/60" MMM

Bolt on Grab Hooks and other cool stuff are now for sale!!

Visit our YouTube Channel

My Equipment:
    John Deere 3720 Deluxe Cab, 300cx FEL, 366 Front Blade, 59" Front Snowblower, Ballast Box
    Artillian 3K Forks, Grapple, Front-Hoe Bucket
    John Deere 455, 60" MMM

4. Top | #3

Last Online
    Thanks
    Fair enough

Although, I was thinking more low key, I grew up in So Md - Calvert County and I know St Mary's and Charles both do tractor pull and events like that. Wasn't sure if you tried anything along those lines. Still quite a bit of farming in those areas, completely different part of MD, as you probably know.

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4

Last Online
    Today @ 09:02 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Hipplewm View Post
    Kenny,
    Do you have a list of what, if any shows you attend with stuff for sale etc. I travel for work and generally find it easier to buy stuff in person than have it delivered home where it may sit for 3-4 days before someone realizes it is on the front porch.

William
    Kenny is a great guy and easy to work with. He ships using USPS Priority Mail, so there's generally a pretty good idea of how long it takes to get from Point-A to Point-B. When you order, if you just indicated "Please ship so it's delivered on Monday or Tuesday", something tells me that Kenny will wait a day or so (from his normal shipping out the same day as it's ordered!) until he ships it so it's there when you're expecting it.

Plus, I think that Priority Mail also offers tracking, so you could watch the progress and know when the package is sitting on the porch.

I've bought stuff from Kenny. Top notch products from a top notch guy!!
    Kennyd, OxPath, BigJim55 and 1 others like this.
    '05 JD 3520 Open Station w/ 300CX FEL
    Grandpa's '52 Farmall Cub
    A couple of old Gravelys
    Help a Vet and his dog

7. The Following User Says Thank You to mark02tj For This Useful Post:

Kennyd†(11-09-2018)

8. Top | #5

Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by mark02tj View Post
    Kenny is a great guy and easy to work with. He ships using USPS Priority Mail, so there's generally a pretty good idea of how long it takes to get from Point-A to Point-B. When you order, if you just indicated "Please ship so it's delivered on Monday or Tuesday", something tells me that Kenny will wait a day or so (from his normal shipping out the same day as it's ordered!) until he ships it so it's there when you're expecting it.

Plus, I think that Priority Mail also offers tracking, so you could watch the progress and know when the package is sitting on the porch.

I've bought stuff from Kenny. Top notch products from a top notch guy!!
    That sounds good in theory and I am quite sure Kenny would do that. My particular problem is take today for instance. I woke up to an email at 4am that says get to Madrid tomorrow. So I am sitting here on my way to the speedy clinic to get a urine test and physical for the clients requirements and I get on a plane tomorrow morning and may not be back for 6 weeks. All when I thought I had the next 3 weeks off.

You just can't plan for that no matter what you do, so I try and do as much stuff as I can face to face.
    OxPath, BigJim55 and Herminator like this.

9. Top | #6

Last Online
    Today @ 04:05 PM
    Thanks
    Ever thought about any of the following:

USPS mail hold-you can setup online at a moments notice from anywhere with internet access and have them deliver the accumulated mail-all 100% free.

PO Box-kind of the same but you pay for the security of the box and go get your mail.

Mail handling services from a 3rd party vendor- Setup an account with UPS/Fedex Store, etc., use their address as your shipping address and then pickup your mail from them upon your return.

OxPath, BigJim55 and Herminator like this.
    2004-L130

2013-2032r, Curtis Hard side cab (project), H130 FEL & 61"bucket, Artillian Modular Grapple on HD frame with Diverter, 2300# Artillian frame w/ 36" x 3" tines, 46BH 9" & 13" bucket, Frontier RB1060, HLA 1000 series 60" JDQA Snow plow, JD ballast box, RK QH, Homemade 3pt multi purpose hitch, 117W of extra LED lights on ROPS and side Brush guards, Ken's bolt on hooks-3x, Ideal Knife grooved R-4's.

10. Top | #7

Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by balrog006 View Post
    Ever thought about any of the following:

USPS mail hold-you can setup online at a moments notice from anywhere with internet access and have them deliver the accumulated mail-all 100% free.

PO Box-kind of the same but you pay for the security of the box and go get your mail.

Mail handling services from a 3rd party vendor- Setup an account with UPS/Fedex Store, etc., use their address as your shipping address and then pickup your mail from them upon your return.

I have used most of those over the years, as well as my parents address who live across town. The problem is I may order something on Monday, expect it on Thursday and get a call Wednesday afternoon at 1pm and be on the 3pm flight out of town. Generally that doesn't leave you a lot of time to handle things. Plus, where I go, I get typically limited cell service and generally not even allowed to have electronic devices with me at all.

I have been dealing with this for many years, it is not a new phenomenon for me. I have neighbors etc

Doesn't change the fact that I would rather do stuff in person - honestly, if I knew he was going to be at XX show, I would jump on a plane, go to the show that day, buy my stuff and fly home that evening.

11. Top | #8
    Last Online
    Today @ 09:20 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,133 Times in 2,576 Posts
    Well if you travel to MD just come to the shop and pick up, then I donít have to load up and haul a trailer load of stuff to a show, pay for space, hope like heck it doesnít rain, then come home to unload and have to catch up on all the orders I couldnt get to since I was away

Win/Win for both of us
    Kenny

-John Deere 3720 Deluxe Cab TLB
    FEL, MMM, Artillian 42" Forks and Modular Grapple, I-Match, Ballast Box, and lots of other STUFF.
    -John Deere 455 w/60" MMM

Bolt on Grab Hooks and other cool stuff are now for sale!!

Visit our YouTube Channel

My Equipment:
    John Deere 3720 Deluxe Cab, 300cx FEL, 366 Front Blade, 59" Front Snowblower, Ballast Box
    Artillian 3K Forks, Grapple, Front-Hoe Bucket
    John Deere 455, 60" MMM

12. Top | #9

Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Kennyd View Post
    Well if you travel to MD just come to the shop and pick up, then I donít have to load up and haul a trailer load of stuff to a show, pay for space, hope like heck it doesnít rain, then come home to unload and have to catch up on all the orders I couldnt get to since I was away

Win/Win for both of us
    I do go to Calvert Cliffs in MD, as well as York, PA quite a bit and fly into BWI - so you aren't too far out of the way.
    I was more likely to have a buddy get 2 one for him and me, then get them from him, but either way works, just have to find a time when i can expense it
    Herminator likes this.

13. Top | #10

Last Online
    Today @ 09:02 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Kennyd View Post

Win/Win for both of us
    Is there any truth to the rumor that the "Factory Pickup Option" includes you firing up your BGE and smoking some ribs for the customer?
    OxPath and Herminator like this.
    '05 JD 3520 Open Station w/ 300CX FEL
    Grandpa's '52 Farmall Cub
    A couple of old Gravelys
    Help a Vet and his dog

14. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast