Thread: John Deere 1-Series CAB Step

1. Top | #1
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 08:10 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,967 Times in 2,478 Posts

John Deere 1-Series CAB Step

John Deere 1-Series CAB Step

KBOGH/BoltOnHooks LLC is proud to introduce an add-on step for the John Deere 1-Series tractors equipped with the H120, D120 or 120R Front End Loaders. This step will mount to the left side of the tractor, and reduce the step up onto the machine by 6 full inches (5" for CAB model. This step can be left on with or without the Mid Mount Mower or Backhoe attached, and also offers a completely OEM look and a non-skid stepping surface for your ultimate safety. 100% Made in the USA from the finest materials available.

General Specifications:
    • Mounts to the left side of machines with the H120, D120 or 120R loaders
    • Installs in 30 minutes or less!
    • Simple installation with a 24mm socket, breaker bar, thread locker, and a torque wrench (suggested) capable of 223 ft/lbs.
    • No interference with other accessories or implements
    • No permanent modifications to the tractor
    • JD Green Powder Coat finish matches OEM color
    Made in the USA

Open Station Version Specifications:
    • 6" Drop reduces first step height to about 14" from 20"
    • Large 4-1/2" x 4" non-slip step area

CAB Version Specifications:
    • 5" Drop reduces first step height to about 15" from 20"
    • Large 4-1/2" x 10" non-slip step area
    • Works with the Mauser, Tektite, and other cabs

We now have the new CAB version available for sale at the website:

Ken's Bolt on Grab Hooks <<JD One Series Accessories>>
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 1S-Cab Step-001.jpg  
    Gizmo2, DRobinson, fdmars and 12 others like this.
    Kenny

-John Deere 3720 Deluxe Cab TLB
    FEL, MMM, Artillian 42" Forks and Modular Grapple, I-Match, Ballast Box, and lots of other STUFF.
    -John Deere 455 w/60" MMM

Bolt on Grab Hooks and other cool stuff are now for sale!!

Visit our YouTube Channel

My Equipment:
    John Deere 3720 Deluxe Cab, 300cx FEL, 366 Front Blade, 59" Front Snowblower, Ballast Box
    Artillian 3K Forks, Grapple, Front-Hoe Bucket
    John Deere 455, 60" MMM

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Last Online
    Today @ 12:13 AM
    Thanks
    So the new one is longer, looks like I might want that for a larger surface for the size 14 boots?

Ordered the smaller one. Thanks.

Meanwhile is a 30' Grady White.
    Last edited by rakane; 03-17-2019 at 01:33 PM.

4. Top | #3
    Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by rakane View Post
    So the new one is longer, looks like I might want that for a larger surface for the size 14 boots?

Meanwhile is a 30' Grady White.
    Without a cab, I think you'd want the smaller one - even with 14's.
    SulleyBear, PJR832 and rakane like this.
    Kenny

FEL, MMM, Artillian 42" Forks and Modular Grapple, I-Match, Ballast Box, and lots of other STUFF.

My Equipment:
    John Deere 3720 Deluxe Cab, 300cx FEL, 366 Front Blade, 59" Front Snowblower, Ballast Box
    John Deere 455, 60" MMM

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 08:14 PM
    Beautiful beaches, moderated summer heat and lake effect snows. Right where I want to be.
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,422 Times in 1,357 Posts
    I have been using this step for quite some time now and ABSOLUTELY LOVE it. I was very fortunate to be able to allow my Tractor to be the test machine for Kenny's step.

Not only is the step very well made, its very helpful for getting into the cab on the 1 series. I find I step on it with my boot toes facing directly under the tractor, at a 90 degree angle to the tractor direction. Kenny and I discussed the length of the step "at length" (pun intended) and at first I incorrectly insisted the step needed to be longer. But as usual, Kenny was right and the additional step length I was advocating turned out not even to be used as I step in the center of the step with my boot facing the passenger side of the tractor every time. I had imagined I would be stepping parallel to the cab door, but that is just not the case.

I have size 13.5 or 14 feet depending upon the boots or shoes and really like the step. When I first started working with Ken on this step and I was taking pictures and sending him dimensions, I fully intended i would use the step differently than I actually do.

I have already put up to 400 pounds on the step and it didn't move. It was tricky to balance standing on it with one foot with over 100 pounds of shell corn bags over my shoulders and I stepped up on the step and down from it a few times (it hard to carry 120 pounds and step up on a step and down again, harder than it used to be, anyways....) and the step didn't flinch.

I encourage EVERYONE with the 1 series to get one of Kenny's steps. Whether its the smaller step designed for the tractors void of the cab or this step designed to facilitate the entry and exit of the cab, they areboth very well made and work extremely well.

I will admit I do NOT step on the step getting out of the cab but with my long legs, I really don't need to. It is very beneficial to help getting into the cab.

I have been plowing and using this for some time now, probably at least 2 months while Kenny was finalizing many of the details. Its a tremendous enhancement to your tractor.

I also want to thank Kenny for permitting me the opportunity to provide minimal insight and input on this exciting hew KBOH product. He is the consummate professional and a really fine guy. I hope I get the opportunity to work with him on other matters in the future. I kept telling him that I don't feel like I am honoring my end of the deal but he assures me he is satisfied with how things went regarding this step.

To give you an idea of how this started, here is a photo I sent Ken while we were discussing this where I indicated I wanted the step to be located. Now, this photo I am showing you was accompanied with a bunch of photos and measurements, but this photo was fairly early in the process when we were debating how this step needed to vary from the step for the non cab machines.

Well, the GTT site isn't allowing me to download the pictures and I keep getting and error message. Expect good pictures of the step on my tractor in a few days. When I get back from the medical center tomorrow, I plan to take some pictures of my new step assuming the sun is out and we have good conditions to highlight the step.

Funny thing is in the end, where I have my hand positioned is exactly where I step getting on and off the step and in and out of the cab.

Make sure you have a 24mm socket and the 1/2" drive torque wrench as the torque settings are close to 223 ft pounds, I can't recall the exact number off hand, but it takes a pretty serious torque wrench to properly torque the loader mount bolts.

I found installing the step was much easier using my 18 volt 1/2" impact gun to spin each of the 3 bolts into the loader mount as otherwise you are balancing the step and threading the bolts. Remove the bolts, clean them, put thread lock on them and buzz them into the loader mount with the battery impact. Torque to specs with the torque wrench.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_20181223_212014797.jpg   IMG_20190122_185552857.jpg   IMG_20190122_185456100.jpg  
    Last edited by Kennyd; 03-18-2019 at 05:47 AM. Reason: Corrected socket size and torque spec
    Kennyd, etcallhome, Levi and 5 others like this.

1025R with Mauser Cab
    (10/2017)/ 120R FEL / RC2048 Mower / All of Ken's Bolt on Products / 60" HD Front Broom / 3 pt 45 Gallon Boom less Sprayer / CA2068 Core Aerator / I-Match / 54" Snow Plow w/ angling Quick Attach / Frontier 3 Pt Sprayer / Pallet Forks / 8 -42# Weights

John Deere 455 (New in 9/1996) / MC519 Cart /60" MMM /47" Snow Thrower / 7'3" snow plow / Quick Hitch /
    4 -42# Weights / JD#10 Cart

ExMark Lazer Z w/60" Deck , Billy Goat Blower , Full Stable of Echo Products

7. The Following User Says Thank You to SulleyBear For This Useful Post:

Kennyd (03-18-2019)

8. Top | #5

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 09:05 PM
    Thanks
    Am I mistaken or, didn't Tim make a video where he bolted something to that same location? If so, can this step be used with the same product? I do recall him saying the bolts were long enough for whatever it was he was installing.
    (and please dont embarrass me by saying Tims video was for installing the step..... I didnt think my mind has gone THAT far.....yet.)
    etcallhome, BigJim55 and mark02tj like this.

9. Top | #6
    Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Toughsox View Post
    Am I mistaken or, didn't Tim make a video where he bolted something to that same location? If so, can this step be used with the same product? I do recall him saying the bolts were long enough for whatever it was he was installing.
    (and please dont embarrass me by saying Tims video was for installing the step..... I didnt think my mind has gone THAT far.....yet.)
    Tim has a non-cab step and is doing a video of it, but I'm not sure if it's published yet?
    mark02tj, SulleyBear and Toughsox like this.
    Kenny

My Equipment:
    John Deere 455, 60" MMM

10. Top | #7
    Senior GTT Super Slacker Gizmo2's Avatar
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 06:20 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,895 Times in 2,871 Posts
    Would this step not work on a 2025R with the 120R FEL?
    Same part number (W53992) mounting frame so the bolt holes should be the same.

# 1

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PUM11667_______UN24JUN10.jpg 
Views:	114 
Size:	61.6 KB 
ID:	677116
    Keith

JD 2320, 200CX FEL/61" bucket , 46 BH/16" bucket, Artillian Forks, 72" Snow Blade, Landscape Rake, Ballast Box, PHD, The Wife
    BX42 Chipper, XUV 560 Gator, Z915B ZTrak

11. Top | #8
    Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Gizmo2 View Post
    Would this step not work on a 2025R with the 120R FEL?
    Same part number (W53992) mounting frame so the bolt holes should be the same.

# 1
    Yes, we list the 120R as a compatible loader, but the new 2025R already includes a step under the floorboard so adding another would be redundant. This extended CAB step would interfere with that, but the regular version would fit.
    Gizmo2 and DRobinson like this.
    Kenny

My Equipment:
    John Deere 455, 60" MMM

12. Top | #9
    Last Online
    08-19-2019 @ 10:58 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Kennyd View Post
    Yes, we list the 120R as a compatible loader, but the new 2025R already includes a step under the floorboard so adding another would be redundant. This extended CAB step would interfere with that, but the regular version would fit.
    Not necessarily if You Have Tektite Cab the standard step Is completely covered This step Might be the answer for the 2025R with a Cab. Might Have to remove the standard step . I think I am going to try one anyways
    Gizmo2 and DRobinson like this.
    John Deere Models: 2025RTLB(Gen 2),X748,GX335,140H3,112SF,110RF,Sabre 1542,TX Gator
    Cub Cadet Models:0riginal,70,106,XT3GSX & Experimental Non Production Rear engine rider
    Ingersoll Model:3016PS
    Simplicity Models:Wonder Boy
    White Model: GT2055

MSGT 11 & 18 Series Retired

13. Top | #10
    Senior GTT Super Slacker Gizmo2's Avatar
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 06:20 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,895 Times in 2,871 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kennyd View Post
    I know.
    Thanks.
    DRobinson likes this.
    Keith

JD 2320, 200CX FEL/61" bucket , 46 BH/16" bucket, Artillian Forks, 72" Snow Blade, Landscape Rake, Ballast Box, PHD, The Wife
    BX42 Chipper, XUV 560 Gator, Z915B ZTrak

14. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast