Like Tree15Likes
  • 7 Post By SulleyBear
  • 5 Post By Kennyd
  • 3 Post By SulleyBear

Thread: Using KBOH ROPS Clamps to Secure a new tool box

1. Top | #1
    Last Online
    Today @ 07:55 AM
    Beautiful beaches, moderated summer heat and lake effect snows. Right where I want to be.
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,495 Times in 1,404 Posts

Using KBOH ROPS Clamps to Secure a new tool box

I am not sure where this thread would be best placed, so I will leave this up to the Moderators to move, if necessary.

I recently purchased a set of the Ken's Bolt on Hooks ROPS Mounts to secure a tool box to the ROPS on my ExMark mower. Not only are the mounts a very nicely made piece, they are going to hold it securely, without any clutter look. Here are the pictures of the .50 cal ammo box being painted and the ROPS mounts being mounted to the bottom of the tool box and then the tool box mounted to the right side ROPS.

This is the metal ammo can sold at Harbor Frieght. I peeled the label off the side and then scuffed up the green paint on the ammo can with some 200 grit sandpaper. Then I wiped the box down with a cheese cloth and got the dirt and dust off it. I measured the ROPS bar and then drilled the holes in the bottom of the Ammo can. After all, I didn't want to tear up the paint.......I shot it ExMark Red with a can of paint from the ExMark dealer. Mounted up the base of the ROPS bracket and then mounted it on the ROPS.

You can mount the object on any side of the KBOH ROPS bracket, so the ammo can could be secured by bolts through the side of it, through the bottom of the can, which is what I chose to do. I didn't want my ammo can tool box to be mounted inside the ROPS as it would be over the engine. I also didn't want it on the outside of the ROPS or it would be easy to damage running it into a limb, branches, etc......

Should you consider something like this, here is one thing to think about. I put this tool box on the right rear ROPS bar, even though the actual seat access and getting on and off the machine is on the machine left side, when sitting on it. Why did I place the toolbox on the opposite side? Simple, the left side is the "TRIMMING SIDE" of the mower and it means that side of the mower is often under bushes and under tree limbs hanging out, to get the deck sticking out to trim under the bushes and pine trees, etc. I mounted a tool box on the left side ROPS bar and shortly found it in lying in the yard after the limbs of the pine trees ripped it off the left side ROPS bar. That's why this ROPS Tool box is on the right side.........

The KBOH ROPS Mounts are very well made, very nicely machined and actually a mount to be proud of. These aren't plastic ties or gorilla tape, the KBOH ROPS Mounts are a precision milled mounting bracket. They are something to be proud of. Reasonably priced at $55 per pair, I really like well made mounting brackets and hardware. I plan to order more for other projects....

These are a nice product, Kenny.

Yes, I used thread lock on the threads. Just don't get carried away.

Here are the photos......
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_20190817_155226450.jpg   IMG_20190818_123210067.jpg   IMG_20190818_132908533_HDR.jpg   IMG_20190818_132238451.jpg   IMG_20190818_133045997.jpg  

IMG_20190818_133329461_HDR.jpg   IMG_20190818_133403011.jpg  

1025R with Mauser Cab
    (10/2017)/ 120R FEL / RC2048 Mower / All of Ken's Bolt on Products / 60" HD Front Broom / 3 pt 45 Gallon Boom less Sprayer / CA2068 Core Aerator / I-Match / 54" Snow Plow w/ angling Quick Attach / Frontier 3 Pt Sprayer / Pallet Forks / 8 -42# Weights

John Deere 455 (New in 9/1996) / MC519 Cart /60" MMM /47" Snow Thrower / 7'3" snow plow / Quick Hitch /
    4 -42# Weights / JD#10 Cart

ExMark Lazer Z w/60" Deck , Billy Goat Blower , Full Stable of Echo Products

2. The Following User Says Thank You to SulleyBear For This Useful Post:

Kennyd (08-18-2019)

3. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

4. Top | #2
    Last Online
    Today @ 09:57 AM
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,035 Times in 2,514 Posts
    Thanks SB, your project really shows the versatility of these ROPS Clamps, they can be used for just about anything!
    Kenny

-John Deere 3720 Deluxe Cab TLB
    FEL, MMM, Artillian 42" Forks and Modular Grapple, I-Match, Ballast Box, and lots of other STUFF.
    -John Deere 455 w/60" MMM

Bolt on Grab Hooks and other cool stuff are now for sale!!

Visit our YouTube Channel

My Equipment:
    John Deere 3720 Deluxe Cab, 300cx FEL, 366 Front Blade, 59" Front Snowblower, Ballast Box
    Artillian 3K Forks, Grapple, Front-Hoe Bucket
    John Deere 455, 60" MMM

5. Top | #3
    Last Online
    Today @ 07:55 AM
    Beautiful beaches, moderated summer heat and lake effect snows. Right where I want to be.
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,495 Times in 1,404 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kennyd View Post
    Thanks SB, your project really shows the versatility of these ROPS Clamps, they can be used for just about anything!
    I didn't even know there was a "Supporting Vendors", Vendors subcategory, but of course, we all know about Ken's Bolt on Hooks company and their products.

Seriously though Ken, in a world of "just sufficient"products in the market place, its nice to know that whatever one gets from your company is going to be a high quality product, packaged well and built to a standard which we can be proud to own. It's backed by actual engineering, real product testing and its American made.

I get so tired of the "just good enough" to be sold stuff which seems to have flooded the market place. Those Companies selling "knock off" imported products for a fraction of the cost of legitimate and reputable American companies aren't adding long term value.

Thank you for operating a reputable, well managed company which produces and sells top quality products. It takes making a profit to remain in business in the future to support the products you have sold.

Those of us who own companies and understand just how tough it is to be successful in business appreciate others who respect the hard work, honor the copyrights, intellectual properties, designs, images and proprietary assets of others who have worked hard, risked their money and invested their time to create them. Those are the companies who should be rewarded with a customers business. We don't and simply won't support businesses who refuse to treat others with this modicum of respect, decency and integrity with which all should operate.
    DRobinson, Jeff R. and kylew like this.

1025R with Mauser Cab
    (10/2017)/ 120R FEL / RC2048 Mower / All of Ken's Bolt on Products / 60" HD Front Broom / 3 pt 45 Gallon Boom less Sprayer / CA2068 Core Aerator / I-Match / 54" Snow Plow w/ angling Quick Attach / Frontier 3 Pt Sprayer / Pallet Forks / 8 -42# Weights

John Deere 455 (New in 9/1996) / MC519 Cart /60" MMM /47" Snow Thrower / 7'3" snow plow / Quick Hitch /
    4 -42# Weights / JD#10 Cart

ExMark Lazer Z w/60" Deck , Billy Goat Blower , Full Stable of Echo Products

6. The Following User Says Thank You to SulleyBear For This Useful Post:

Kennyd (08-18-2019)

7. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements