Like Tree79Likes

Thread: 1-Series Tie-Down Brackets

1. Top | #21
    Last Online
    Today @ 10:29 AM
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,067 Times in 2,533 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by coaltrain View Post
    I had in my mind that these brackets would face forward but I see I am mistaken after seeing kylew’s pics -

Looking at my 2520 the bolt hole spacing will work. I thought I could sandwich the brackets in where the spacers currently are with them facing forward. The spacers are the silver colored parts. The spacers measure 3/8” so I could probably remove them and fill the gap with 1/8” washers.

Maybe I am in brain fog territory again and not thinking clearly. I guess I could install them like Kylew did and just get longer bolts. But installed where the spacers are sure would make a nice looking installation and having them face forward just makes for sense to me.

Guess I may just order a pair and see how it works out.....
    In a perfect world, yes they should face forwards-but KYL has the front QH so I think that's why the issue was for him-I did say there where not compatible with that option to my knowledge

For your 2520, yes removing the spacers would be the best thing to try. FYI if you had the front QH it would fill the space where the spacers are. On the new machines they are plastic and not metal!
    coaltrain, kylew and Toughsox like this.
    Kenny

-John Deere 3720 Deluxe Cab TLB
    FEL, MMM, Artillian 42" Forks and Modular Grapple, I-Match, Ballast Box, and lots of other STUFF.
    -John Deere 455 w/60" MMM

Bolt on Grab Hooks and other cool stuff are now for sale!!

Visit our YouTube Channel

My Equipment:
    John Deere 3720 Deluxe Cab, 300cx FEL, 366 Front Blade, 59" Front Snowblower, Ballast Box
    Artillian 3K Forks, Grapple, Front-Hoe Bucket
    John Deere 455, 60" MMM

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #22
    Last Online
    Today @ 07:49 AM
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,082 Times in 2,247 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kennyd View Post
    In a perfect world, yes they should face forwards-but KYL has the front QH so I think that's why the issue was for him-I did say there where not compatible with that option to my knowledge

For your 2520, yes removing the spacers would be the best thing to try. FYI if you had the front QH it would fill the space where the spacers are. On the new machines they are plastic and not metal!
    Thanks Ken. I’ll order a pair later today - have to finish my mowing before the rain comes. Hopefully it will work as planned but will get them on somehow. Also want to double check about the rears but with my first quick glance they won’t work as I have a totally different draw bar setup.

It will be so nice to have an easy front tie down even though I don’t even have a trailer right now.....
    kylew and Toughsox like this.
    ~Stan~
    It is what it is
    Knowledge is power, ignorance is bliss
    2520 w/200CX w/62D2

4. Top | #23
    Last Online
    Today @ 05:56 AM
    Thanks
    These will fit a 2025R as well. The rear bolts are fine. The front top bolts are too short with the guard installed. The bottom bolts are fine.

Sent from my QTAIR7 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by duramaxsky; Yesterday at 11:23 AM.
    Sergeant, coaltrain, kylew and 1 others like this.
    Matt
    2019 2025R loader backhoe Frontier fork attachment brush mower back blade. HF Quick hitch with extended hook and 2" receiver added. John Deere ballast box.
    2003 L110 mower

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #24
    Last Online
    Thanks
    I also got the combo hooks from Ken as well. And a hydraulic pressure gauge. I agree that site will lighten a wallet.

Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using Tapatalk
    Matt
    2019 2025R loader backhoe Frontier fork attachment brush mower back blade. HF Quick hitch with extended hook and 2" receiver added. John Deere ballast box.
    2003 L110 mower

7. Top | #25
    Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by duramaxsky View Post
    These will fit a 2025R as well. The rear bolts are fine. The front top bolts are too short with the guard installed. The bottom bolts are fine.
    With my setup if I put them on the outside I would need all 4 longer bolts. Trying to avoid that....
    ~Stan~
    It is what it is
    2520 w/200CX w/62D2

8. Top | #26
    Last Online
    Today @ 10:29 AM
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,067 Times in 2,533 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by duramaxsky View Post
    These will fit a 2025R as well. The rear bolts are fine.
    Sine you have the backhoe you should turn the rears to face in, otherwise you'll struggle to use them.
    DRobinson, Sergeant and Toughsox like this.
    Kenny

-John Deere 3720 Deluxe Cab TLB
    FEL, MMM, Artillian 42" Forks and Modular Grapple, I-Match, Ballast Box, and lots of other STUFF.
    -John Deere 455 w/60" MMM

Bolt on Grab Hooks and other cool stuff are now for sale!!

Visit our YouTube Channel

My Equipment:
    John Deere 3720 Deluxe Cab, 300cx FEL, 366 Front Blade, 59" Front Snowblower, Ballast Box
    Artillian 3K Forks, Grapple, Front-Hoe Bucket
    John Deere 455, 60" MMM

9. Top | #27
    Last Online
    Thanks
    Sine you have the backhoe you should turn the rears to face in, otherwise you'll struggle to use them.
    I tested them and my straps hook to them just fine. I like them close to the backhoe frame as it leaves the center ground clearance open. They don't hang down much below the backhoe frame so there is very little lost clearance.

Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using Tapatalk
    Kennyd, Sergeant, kylew and 1 others like this.
    Matt
    2003 L110 mower

10. Top | #28
    Last Online
    Today @ 11:07 AM
    Thanks
    I had in my mind that these brackets would face forward but I see I am mistaken after seeing kylew’s pics -

Attachment 708148

Looking at my 2520 the bolt hole spacing will work. I thought I could sandwich the brackets in where the spacers currently are with them facing forward. The spacers are the silver colored parts. The spacers measure 3/8” so I could probably remove them and fill the gap with 1/8” washers.

Attachment 708150

Maybe I am in brain fog territory again and not thinking clearly. I guess I could install them like Kylew did and just get longer bolts. But installed where the spacers are sure would make a nice looking installation and having them face forward just makes for sense to me.

Guess I may just order a pair and see how it works out.....

Stan,
    Yes, you and Ken are correct. They are designed to face forward, but I have the front quick hitch on the 1025. With them forward, I can't install the QH large pin that holds the QH adapter bracket. I'd have to remove the tie down brackets in order to use the QH. That's why I faced them backwards and I used spacers to give me a little more clearance between the frame for inserting a hook. Having them face backwards allows me to be able to use the QH and I don't have to remove them.
    Kennyd and coaltrain like this.
    🌠Back in my day we had 9 planets🌠

2014 1025R TLB
    60D AutoConnect Mower●H120 Loader●260 Backhoe●BB2048 Box Blade●RB2060L Back Blade●RC2048 Rotary Cutter●JD 60" Quick Hitch Plow Blade●Ken's Bolt-on Hooks●Ken's Diff Pedal●Ken's I-Match Hook●Ken's Backhoe Steps●Titan 42" Forks w/Headache Rack●Titan Ballast Box●Titan Toothbar w/23WTL Tiger Teeth●3" Edge Tamers●BXpanded 6" Bucket, Ripper & Bucket Quick Change●This & That Mods●Other Stuff I Forgot About●

The Mrs. has 2014 X360

11. The Following User Says Thank You to kylew For This Useful Post:

Kennyd (Yesterday)

12. Top | #29
    Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by kylew View Post
    Stan,
    Yes, you and Ken are correct. They are designed to face forward, but I have the front quick hitch on the 1025. With them forward, I can't install the QH large pin that holds the QH adapter bracket. I'd have to remove the tie down brackets in order to use the QH. That's why I faced them backwards and I used spacers to give me a little more clearance between the frame for inserting a hook. Having them face backwards allows me to be able to use the QH and I don't have to remove them.
    Makes perfect sense. They will work fine the way you installed them.

I asked because for how I want to install them they must face forward - at least that is what I think. We’ll see once I get to installing them.

How many years I struggled with tying down the front of this tractor with the loader on. I ended up using axle straps on the front but still wasn’t really happy.
    kylew likes this.
    ~Stan~
    It is what it is
    2520 w/200CX w/62D2

13. Top | #30
    Last Online
    Today @ 11:11 AM
    Thanks
    Makes perfect sense. They will work fine the way you installed them.

I asked because for how I want to install them they must face forward - at least that is what I think. We’ll see once I get to installing them.

How many years I struggled with tying down the front of this tractor with the loader on. I ended up using axle straps on the front but still wasn’t really happy.
    Thank you Stan for your interest and posts regarding compatibility with your 2520. I have always struggled with a good tie down location on our 2520 especially with the loader or forks on. I've spent $25 on worse things. So just ordered a set myself to give them a test fit.
    kylew likes this.
    2011 JD 2520, 200CX FEL, iMatch Quick Hitch, 48" JD Box Scraper, 54" JD FM Snowblower, Artillian 36" Forks w/Backrest, Frontier PHD200, Woods RM59 Finish Mower & Heavy Hitch

14. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3