• 3 Post By danwolfgang
  • 6 Post By Gizmo2

Thread: Minor safety tip: think about where you drill

1. Top | #1
    Last Online
    11-08-2019 @ 09:00 PM
    Thanks

Minor safety tip: think about where you drill

I'll admit up front, I read the directions included with my order carefully, but went ahead and painted the hooks before installing anyway. So, maybe this is common knowledge but here's my little installation tip: think about the location of your tractor when drilling. Now, I don't mean where on the loader you put the hooks, I mean where the tractor is sitting.

I was drilling the holes for some loader-mount hooks while sitting in my driveway, and mid-way through drilling the second set of holes I realized what I was doing: sharp metal chips all over the dirt driveway where our cars drive, where my son rides his bike, where we often walk barefoot. Argh. Pulled out the shop vac and sucked up a whole bunch of dirt in the driveway just so I could be sure to get all of the metal chips. For the backhoe clevis I did the work in the garage where I could easily sweep up the cement floor after completing the job.
    Carvel Loafer, felixm22 and Marlin like this.
    1025R TLB with the 53" loader bucket and 12" backhoe bucket, 54" mower deck (no AutoConnect!), 54" snowblower, 647 tiller, and a ballast box. Fitted an RIO override, added several KBOGH products (a pair of hooks on the loader bucket, a clevis mount to the backhoe, and the diff lock pedal), a GoPro mount on top of the ROPS, R2 Manufacturing 2x 4" Edge Tamers and Edge Extenders. What next?

2. The Following User Says Thank You to danwolfgang For This Useful Post:

Kennyd (06-18-2015)

3. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

4. Top | #2
    Senior GTT Super Slacker Gizmo2's Avatar
    Last Online
    Today @ 06:17 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,105 Times in 3,027 Posts
    Telescopic Magnetic Pick-Up Tool at Home Depot. At about $10.00 it makes for a good deal.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	b229dd81-ea69-4954-86ca-d52cff5ad7ad_400.jpg 
Views:	30 
Size:	5.3 KB 
ID:	47322
    DRobinson, ralphtt, robpm and 3 others like this.
    Keith

JD 2320, 200CX FEL/61" bucket , 46 BH/16" bucket, Artillian Forks, 72" Snow Blade, Landscape Rake, Ballast Box, PHD,
    BX42 Chipper, XUV 560 Gator, Z915B ZTrak

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements