Chick weed and clover

Thread: Chick weed and clover

1. Top | #1

Last Online
    02-22-2019 @ 10:55 AM
    Thanks

Chick weed and clover

Looking for all your expert advice. I've been using regular 2-4D for the las couple years at the new house but I can't get control/rid of the clover and chick weed. I've been doing a lot of research on differant chemicals and come to find out 2-4D just isn't powerful enough to kill of either of these 2. I'm looking at either Trimec 899 or crossbow. From what I've read crossbow seems to be the best total war on tough weeds. Either way what are your thoughts? Spraying about 3 acres.
    2016 3039R , 2010 X500 /w 54" deck
    H165 FEL /w Heavy Duty Bucket, Home Made Ballast box, 40 gallon 3pt sprayer, Frontier SS1023B broadcast spreader, Home made Ratchet Rake, RB2060 Rear Blade. Ken's Bolt on hooks, Pallet Forks, Bucket mount shovel.

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Last Online
    Today @ 03:53 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Bwalton84 View Post
    Looking for all your expert advice. I've been using regular 2-4D for the las couple years at the new house but I can't get control/rid of the clover and chick weed. I've been doing a lot of research on differant chemicals and come to find out 2-4D just isn't powerful enough to kill of either of these 2. I'm looking at either Trimec 899 or crossbow. From what I've read crossbow seems to be the best total war on tough weeds. Either way what are your thoughts? Spraying about 3 acres.
    I've used Trimec for quite a few years. It is better on clover than straight 2,4-D. Trimec is a mixture of 2,4-D, Banvel, and MCP. Clover is best controlled in the fall.
    If you put on 4 pints to the acre of 2,4-D in the fall, it should do a pretty good job on clover, but trimec is better. 2,4-D ester is quite a bit "hotter" than the amine, but watch out for drift damage!
    All in all, though I use more straight 2,4-D than anything.

For the chickweed...maybe just get some chickens, they like it.
    Last edited by arlen; 03-22-2014 at 03:42 PM.
    4720 66hp Open Station, Power Beyond, 3rd, 4th and 5th Rear SCV, iMatch, 400cx with SSQA, 3rd Loader Function, MX6, BoDozer Grapple
    JD 320D Skid Loader
    Gator 865r...Fully Pimped Out

X748SE 24hp, 647 Tiller, 54" front blade, 47 Snow Blower, 62C deck, JD disk

JD 997 Zero Turn

Farmall B

2 miniature donkeys, 1/8 hp (each)

4. Top | #3

Last Online
    02-22-2019 @ 10:55 AM
    Thanks
    Would like to bring this post back to life. Has any body used crossbow and or Trimec? And which one do you feel is a better product for clover, lots of chick weed, and wild onions. Wild onion not so much just about anything will kill those. With one gallon mixed in my 45 gallon tank with a surfactant should be just right for the amount of grass I plan on spraying. Your thoughts on these 2 types good or bad would be very helpful as I plan to spray next Tuesday. Thank you much in advance.
    2016 3039R , 2010 X500 /w 54" deck
    H165 FEL /w Heavy Duty Bucket, Home Made Ballast box, 40 gallon 3pt sprayer, Frontier SS1023B broadcast spreader, Home made Ratchet Rake, RB2060 Rear Blade. Ken's Bolt on hooks, Pallet Forks, Bucket mount shovel.

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements