• 1 Post By johnH123

Thread: Plows and Mowz

1. Top | #1
    Last Online
    02-02-2019 @ 09:06 AM
    Thanks

Plows and Mowz

Hey All,

I happened to catch a clip on my local news that discussed this interesting service called "Plowz and Mowz". It's sort of like Uber for yard maintenance. Edit: The story I saw was about a guy with a plow truck who uses the service to connect with customers. He said it's been great for his business.

I thought some of you guys who line your buckets with cardboard might be able to hire someone to maintain your property , and those with a hungry tractor-work appetite might be able to get involved as a provider. Who knows...

Check it out https://www.plowzandmowz.com

Just to be clear, I have no affiliation with this service and I am not a customer nor a provider.
    Last edited by C-Range; 12-13-2017 at 08:51 AM.
    Chris - 3720 TLB

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Last Online
    08-17-2019 @ 04:50 AM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by C-Range View Post
    Hey All,

I happened to catch a clip on my local news that discussed this interesting service called "Plowz and Mowz". It's sort of like Uber for yard maintenance. Edit: The story I saw was about a guy with a plow truck who uses the service to connect with customers. He said it's been great for his business.

I thought some of you guys who line your buckets with cardboard might be able to hire someone to maintain your property , and those with a hungry tractor-work appetite might be able to get involved as a provider. Who knows...

Check it out https://www.plowzandmowz.com

Just to be clear, I have no affiliation with this service and I am not a customer nor a provider.
    interesting. I didn't see a signup for join out team.
    Levi and BigJim55 like this.

~Brian~

1998 425/54 Deck/650 hours | 1998 455/60 Deck/54 Blade/1300 hours | 2003 GX345 48 Deck/47 Blade/Electric Pivot/900 hours (sold)

Yes I have an addiction and no I don't want help

4. Top | #3
    Last Online
    Today @ 05:56 AM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,510 Times in 1,236 Posts
    Not a bad idea if you are into that and have the means to travel. But I too did not see a "sign up".
    pcabe5, Levi and BigJim55 like this.
    Pat
    #compactfarming
    2025R W/120R FEL/Titan 36" Pallet Forks w/round bale spears/Ken's Bolt on Hooks / 72" moose plow / Kawasaki Mule(The Donkey) 610xc w/ Warn winch
    60D Auto Connect w/mulch kit and Gator G6 blades
    County Line- 48" Tiller & middle buster
    Frontier- BB5048L & DH1066 & RC2060
    JD iMATCH
    Homemade cultivator/hiller/chisel plow
    Heavy Hitch Tooth Bar
    Watch the 2025R on YouTube:
    Elk Creek Acres

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4
    Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Fozsey View Post
    interesting. I didn't see a signup for join out team.
    Great point. Sorry, I neglected to mention that it's downloaded as a smartphone app.

The first place that I searched for it was the Google Play Store, where it said "see our website at blah blah blah for more information". I just assumed they would have a corresponding link on the website pointing to their app.

Jeez, I'm too dang old for all this whiz bang mumbo jumbo.
    Levi, BigJim55, mark02tj and 1 others like this.
    Chris - 3720 TLB

7. Top | #5

Last Online
    03-02-2019 @ 06:20 PM
    Thanks
    I looked into this a while back. If I remember correctly the downside was that you work for their price. Plus you better have good insurance because you will be needing it. No way I would go plowing blindly into a lot sight unseen. Way to easy to cause damage that you will be responsible for.
    Seen 2 good ones on a plowing forum. Both customers were one hit wonders and assured the plow guy that the driveway was clear.
    1. A new kids bicycle was left laying in the driveway. Oviously it was smashed.
    2. A frozen garden hose was just left laying in the driveway. The hose acted like a winch cable and pulled the pipe out of the wall it was hooked to.
    In both cases the homeowner expected the plow guy to pay for the damage.

Then you have a customer that did nothing until the last 10" of snow fell. Now they want everything moved including the inches of ice underneath. In the 2 pictures you can see what I'm talking about. The right side of the bucket is sitting on a wall of ice. The left side is just hanging a foot in the air. Both of the tractor's front wheels are off the ground in the picture. Trying to scoop into the ice would stop the tractor dead.

This app just caters to the crowd that can't think far enough ahead to make sure that they have toilet paper on the roll before sitting down. lol

Them orange hoods do dent nicely don't they? Good thing it was already damaged before I rented it. I bounced a few good chunks of ice off of it myself. lol
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_0452.jpg   IMG_0454.jpg  
    Last edited by H-D dealer dude; 12-14-2017 at 04:46 AM.
    Levi, BigJim55 and johnH123 like this.
    2014 X540 with HDAP tires, 54" deck, brush guard, arm rests and cargo bag.
    JD 48" plow with angle from seat kit & heavy duty skid shoes.
    4 suitcase weights and chains.
    JD tow behind spreader.
    JD 42" lawn sweeper.
    JD 10P cart.
    JD JS61 RWD walk behind mower.
    Stihl KM110 power head with pole saw, shaft extension, power scythe, curved shaft edger, 2 straight shaft cutters (string & blade).
    Stihl MS180-CBE 16" saw.
    Stihl SH86C hand held blower vac.

8. Top | #6
    Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by H-D dealer dude View Post
    I looked into this a while back. If I remember correctly the downside was that you work for their price. Plus you better have good insurance because you will be needing it. No way I would go plowing blindly into a lot sight unseen. Way to easy to cause damage that you will be responsible for.
    Seen 2 good ones on a plowing forum. Both customers were one hit wonders and assured the plow guy that the driveway was clear.
    1. A new kids bicycle was left laying in the driveway. Oviously it was smashed.
    2. A frozen garden hose was just left laying in the driveway. The hose acted like a winch cable and pulled the pipe out of the wall it was hooked to.
    In both cases the homeowner expected the plow guy to pay for the damage.

Then you have a customer that did nothing until the last 10" of snow fell. Now they want everything moved including the inches of ice underneath. In the 2 pictures you can see what I'm talking about. The right side of the bucket is sitting on a wall of ice. The left side is just hanging a foot in the air. Both of the tractor's front wheels are off the ground in the picture. Trying to scoop into the ice would stop the tractor dead.

This app just caters to the crowd that can't think far enough ahead to make sure that they have toilet paper on the roll before sitting down. lol

Them orange hoods do dent nicely don't they? Good thing it was already damaged before I rented it. I bounced a few good chunks of ice off of it myself. lol
    Well, OK then. I guess it's probably best not to drive on the road due to all the bad drivers. Or leave the dishwasher running unattended because it might flood your house. Actually, the more I think about this....

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	suicide.gif 
Views:	82 
Size:	107.5 KB 
ID:	508266

Levi, BigJim55, mark02tj and 1 others like this.
    Chris - 3720 TLB

9. Top | #7

Last Online
    09-20-2019 @ 02:36 PM
    Thanks
    I guess it's a way to make a little bit of spending money. The advantage of being a sub for a service is a bigger potential market.

A good walk about before you operate will probably eliminate most of your hazards but yes there is always the little hidden secrets to worry about.

I know I ate a few frozen newspapers when I lived in the Chicagoland area and had a walk behind blower and some times helped out the neighbors. That was always fun to get unstuck! Now no one buys newspapers so maybe that isn't a problem anymore.
    BigJim55 likes this.
    3025e, D160 loader, Artillian Grapple, Forks, Hoe Bucket, Frontier Land Plane, Rotomec PDH300, Redline Systems 54 inch rock bucket, Heavy Hitch
    400 Garden Tractor, 35a Tiller, 54 inch plow, 60 inch deck

10. Top | #8
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 09:32 PM
    Thanks
    There is a button in the upper right corner that says 'work with us.' I assume this is the sign up...?

This reminds me of an app I heard about on the radio. Its practically the same, except that there are other tasks than plowing, mowing, and leaf removal. Things like loading objects, stacking wood, etc. For the life of me I can't remember what it's called. I thought about signing up for it, and just doing bush hogging, but the big turn-off was that you can't have custom prices.

As far as the liability, I would think that the app has protections built-in for the providers.

EDIT: here is a screengrab of the sign up page. Notice the 'company name' field in the form.

edit 2: never mind about the pic. My computer won't take a screenshot. Maybe tomorrow. the pic is the wrong one And I can't get rid of it. Can someone please remove it?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Screenshot (87).png  
    Last edited by johnH123; 12-22-2017 at 04:33 PM.
    BigJim55 likes this.
    - 2002 John Deere 4510 TLB PR,
    -Woods BB60X 60" rotary cutter
    -Countyline box blade,
    -Allis Chalmers sickle mower,
    -RED windrow rake,
    -titan 48" 3000 pound forks/bale spear
    - Farm Star rear bale spear

Yamaha Rhino 700, Yamaha Rhino 660,
    Murray 624 mower/38" deck

11. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com