Like Tree7Likes
  • 7 Post By vettepilot427

Thread: Land Clearing UPDATE!

1. Top | #1

Last Online
    09-20-2019 @ 05:10 PM
    Thanks

Land Clearing UPDATE!

Hey guys, just wanted to post an update to a post I made a few months ago about clearing a pine thicket.

I'm using the 5 ton military truck along with 4 logging chokers to pull up trees in clumps. After a couple of pulls, I use the 4044M with the root grapple to stack the trees in a pile. At the end of the day, I use the root grapple to clear the bare ground of any leftover roots and then switch to the box blade to remove the top layer of dead pine needles.

I'm really pleased with the performance of the 4044m. I was a little worried about the non-turbo engine, but the power is definitely there and it absolutely sips gas. The biggest advantage that I've found with the emissions engines is that there's absolutely no diesel odor or smoke making it very comfortable for long periods with an open operator station. The loader is very strong.

The only few nit picks that I have is the loader is just a little on the slow side (but I'll trade that for capacity any day) and the parking brake has to be ALL the way down for the dash light to go out. It can work itself back up during operation and the light comes back on, even though the brake is technically off. I'm sure I can adjust the switch a little.

The first pic is the "before" and the last two are the "after". I'm still not done yet, so I'll post a few more when completed.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails image.jpg   image.jpg   image.jpg  
    2014 4044m HS
    6' BB2072 Frontier Box Blade
    AV20H Frontier Grapple
    EA Pallet Forks
    Fred Cain 6' Agri-Cutter Rotary Cutter
    EA 6' drum-style lawn plugger
    EA 7-Way 6' scrape blade
    EA 76" Angle Frame Disc Plow

Other equipment:

2012 Scag Tiger Cat 54" ZT
    1990 BMY 5-Ton M923a2 Military Truck

" I Got a Shotgun, Rifle, and a 6-WHEEL DRIVE"

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Last Online
    07-30-2018 @ 08:52 AM
    Thanks
    That is looking really great!
    2007 JD 2520

62d Deck, 14 Bushel Material Collection System, I-Match Quickhitch, Independant Lift, 200cx Loader, 47" Front-Mount Snow Blower, 14k KW 3-point Genetaror, 60 Gallon 3-point Sprayer, 655 3-point tiller, 60" 3-point Blade

See how to connect your JD Material Collection System directly to the I-Match!!! Check this out! http://www.jamisonbryce.com/

4. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements