Fire Wood 2019
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 47
Like Tree205Likes

Thread: Fire Wood 2019

  1. Top | #1
    Carvel Loafer's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Last Online
    09-15-2019 @ 09:42 AM
    Location
    Carvel, Alberta
    Posts
    2,870
    Thanks
    329
    Thanked 449 Times in 263 Posts

    Fire Wood 2019

    This past winter we burned our wood pile down to absolutely nothing. So it was time to put my new Stihl MS 391 to work, (my Husky 55 quit and I didn't have time to work on it, good excuse hey?). The power company came through and dropped 5 or 6 trees so I dragged them out of the bush and got to work.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20190419_173111 (Custom).jpg 
Views:	37 
Size:	621.7 KB 
ID:	687058

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20190423_202810 (Custom).jpg 
Views:	32 
Size:	453.8 KB 
ID:	687004

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20190423_203305 (Custom).jpg 
Views:	34 
Size:	489.9 KB 
ID:	687052

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20190423_204004 (Custom).jpg 
Views:	30 
Size:	510.7 KB 
ID:	687008

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20190422_182811 (Custom).jpg 
Views:	38 
Size:	512.1 KB 
ID:	687010

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20190423_204445 (Custom).jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	438.8 KB 
ID:	687012

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20190423_204910 (Custom).jpg 
Views:	34 
Size:	468.0 KB 
ID:	687014

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20190505_151453 (Custom).jpg 
Views:	30 
Size:	419.9 KB 
ID:	687016

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20190505_151501 (Custom).jpg 
Views:	32 
Size:	444.5 KB 
ID:	687018

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20190505_165913 (Custom).jpg 
Views:	32 
Size:	577.8 KB 
ID:	687020

    Mrs. C playing with her Mother's Day gift, a Dewalt 20 Volt 12" chainsaw, she loves it!
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20190506_181713 (Custom).jpg 
Views:	244 
Size:	600.3 KB 
ID:	687022

    All done with the work, changed the oil for the season and ready for storage.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20190509_191552 (Custom).jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	479.5 KB 
ID:	687024

    By the way, I re-purposed my old battery out of my 1026R by putting it on my wood splitter. It should last years I hope.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20190510_161355 (Custom).jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	337.1 KB 
ID:	687026

    Time for a cold one.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20190510_174135 (Custom).jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	406.1 KB 
ID:	687028

    It feels so good to have the shed full again. This is about 3 chord which is good for just about two years. Mostly poplar but a little bit of maple mixed in there too.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20190511_092927 (Custom).jpg 
Views:	30 
Size:	490.4 KB 
ID:	687054
    Gizmo2, North585, fdmars and 24 others like this.
    Workin hard at loafing!
    2012 1026R c/w H120 FEL, 42" Frontier Forks, 6T49 CL Tooth Bar, CL7 Weight Bracket

    RC2048 48" Rough Cut Mower, Buhler Y550R 60" Finishing Mower, 60" Frontier RB2060L Back Blade, JD Ballast Box
    Femco Hitch Adapter 2" Receiver, 60" Farm King 3PH Snow Blower, I Match, BB2048L Frontier Box Blade

    6' Kodiak Landscape Rake, Braber Equipment PHD c/w 9" & 12" X 48" Augers, HLA 1000 60" Snow Blade

    1980 317 L&G Tractor c/w 48" Mower and 48" Snow Blower

  2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements
     

  3. Top | #2

    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Last Online
    09-03-2019 @ 11:10 AM
    Location
    SWVA
    Posts
    281
    Thanks
    38
    Thanked 26 Times in 16 Posts
    That's just about the nicest wood stacking I've seen in a long time. Much, much better drying! You do seem to have the whole enchilada for wood processing.

  4. Top | #3

    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 10:13 PM
    Location
    Berlin, MA
    Posts
    4,595
    Thanks
    94
    Thanked 866 Times in 661 Posts
    Heh. Nice stacks!

    I got tired of fixing our pellet stove constantly so we are converting over to a wood stove. At the same time, we're putting a 2nd wood stove in one of our fireplaces. I got a local guy to drop a logging truck full of tree-length oak logs next to my driveway, went and bought a new Stihl MS251 and got to cutting. I'm 75% through cutting and then I can move on to splitting. Should have 6-8 cords by the time I'm done but probably won't be able to burn any of that this winter. We've been burning ~5 tons of pellets/year so I'm guessing we'll end up burning 5-6 cords of wood.

    At the same time, all of a sudden people around me are giving away firewood like crazy. Been watching Craigslist and Facebook and managed to pick up 4 cords of split, dry wood from people that are selling their houses and didn't want the wood pile in their yard when people were coming to look at the houses.

    At some point this summer I'm gonna have to build a decent woods shed.
    D160 Mower/Bagger.
    2014 2032R tractor/H130 FEL w/Bolt-On Hooks/54" Snow Plow/iMatch Quick-Hitch/County Line 5' Scraper blade/County Line Carry-All/Artillian 42" Forks & QH Adapter/JD Ballast Box/Frontier SB1164 3PH Blower/Leinbach PHD/Wallenstien BX42 Chipper

  5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements
     

  6. Top | #4
    Jester_2320's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 06:43 PM
    Location
    Cumberland, Rhode Island
    Posts
    475
    Thanks
    4
    Thanked 36 Times in 30 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JimR View Post
    Heh. Nice stacks!

    I got tired of fixing our pellet stove constantly so we are converting over to a wood stove. At the same time, we're putting a 2nd wood stove in one of our fireplaces. I got a local guy to drop a logging truck full of tree-length oak logs next to my driveway, went and bought a new Stihl MS251 and got to cutting. I'm 75% through cutting and then I can move on to splitting. Should have 6-8 cords by the time I'm done but probably won't be able to burn any of that this winter. We've been burning ~5 tons of pellets/year so I'm guessing we'll end up burning 5-6 cords of wood.

    At the same time, all of a sudden people around me are giving away firewood like crazy. Been watching Craigslist and Facebook and managed to pick up 4 cords of split, dry wood from people that are selling their houses and didn't want the wood pile in their yard when people were coming to look at the houses.

    At some point this summer I'm gonna have to build a decent woods shed.
    i did the same thing with a wood truck delivery. Also have an older coworker selling his house and said take the wood I want. Its just not a direction I travel often.

  7. Top | #5
    jdmich's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 05:20 PM
    Location
    North/East of Davison, Michigan
    Posts
    3,429
    Thanks
    557
    Thanked 343 Times in 271 Posts
    Nice. I need to get mine full again. This fall I plane on filling it up. I have a lot of logs stacked that just need to be cut and split. Nice look wood shed.
    Levi, OxPath and BigJim55 like this.
    Thanks Bob
    Fire trucks are Red/Tractors are Green

    2005 JD 790. 419 FEL, Frontier Forks, 6' brush Hog, back blade,7'FEL Snowplow.
    1963 JD 4010. 7' Lucknow 3pt Snowblower
    JD 24T Baler
    JD 14T Baler
    2013 JD 825i-Cab,winch,led lights 6' Snowplow.
    1951 JD MT.
    2011 JD Z445

  8. The Following User Says Thank You to jdmich For This Useful Post:

    Carvel Loafer (05-20-2019)

  9. Top | #6
    Senior GTT Super Slacker Gizmo2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 06:43 PM
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    34,158
    Thanks
    5,767
    Thanked 3,945 Times in 2,908 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Carvel Loafer View Post
    Mrs. C playing with her Mother's Day gift, a Dewalt 20 Volt 12" chainsaw, she loves it!

    A keeper for sure.
    Levi, BigJim55, Toughsox and 1 others like this.
    Keith

    JD 2320, 200CX FEL/61" bucket , 46 BH/16" bucket, Artillian Forks, 72" Snow Blade, Landscape Rake, Ballast Box, PHD, The Wife
    BX42 Chipper, XUV 560 Gator, Z915B ZTrak

  10. Top | #7
    Carvel Loafer's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Last Online
    09-15-2019 @ 09:42 AM
    Location
    Carvel, Alberta
    Posts
    2,870
    Thanks
    329
    Thanked 449 Times in 263 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Gizmo2 View Post

    A keeper for sure.
    It kind of offset the situation of me buying a new Stihl chainsaw for myself, . But yes Giz, a keeper for sure. We just passed 39 years last week with full intention to finish the ride to the end, even if it costs me a chainsaw once in a while.
    Gizmo2, North585, pappa and 6 others like this.
    Workin hard at loafing!
    2012 1026R c/w H120 FEL, 42" Frontier Forks, 6T49 CL Tooth Bar, CL7 Weight Bracket

    RC2048 48" Rough Cut Mower, Buhler Y550R 60" Finishing Mower, 60" Frontier RB2060L Back Blade, JD Ballast Box
    Femco Hitch Adapter 2" Receiver, 60" Farm King 3PH Snow Blower, I Match, BB2048L Frontier Box Blade

    6' Kodiak Landscape Rake, Braber Equipment PHD c/w 9" & 12" X 48" Augers, HLA 1000 60" Snow Blade

    1980 317 L&G Tractor c/w 48" Mower and 48" Snow Blower

  11. Top | #8

    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 10:38 PM
    Location
    Eastern Virginia, United States
    Posts
    4,480
    Thanks
    341
    Thanked 812 Times in 529 Posts

    Nice stacking

    Quote Originally Posted by Carvel Loafer View Post
    This past winter we burned our wood pile down to absolutely nothing. So it was time to put my new Stihl MS 391 to work, (my Husky 55 quit and I didn't have time to work on it, good excuse hey?). The power company came through and dropped 5 or 6 trees so I dragged them out of the bush and got to work.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20190419_173111 (Custom).jpg 
Views:	37 
Size:	621.7 KB 
ID:	687058

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20190423_202810 (Custom).jpg 
Views:	32 
Size:	453.8 KB 
ID:	687004

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20190423_203305 (Custom).jpg 
Views:	34 
Size:	489.9 KB 
ID:	687052

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20190423_204004 (Custom).jpg 
Views:	30 
Size:	510.7 KB 
ID:	687008

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20190422_182811 (Custom).jpg 
Views:	38 
Size:	512.1 KB 
ID:	687010

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20190423_204445 (Custom).jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	438.8 KB 
ID:	687012

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20190423_204910 (Custom).jpg 
Views:	34 
Size:	468.0 KB 
ID:	687014

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20190505_151453 (Custom).jpg 
Views:	30 
Size:	419.9 KB 
ID:	687016

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20190505_151501 (Custom).jpg 
Views:	32 
Size:	444.5 KB 
ID:	687018

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20190505_165913 (Custom).jpg 
Views:	32 
Size:	577.8 KB 
ID:	687020

    Mrs. C playing with her Mother's Day gift, a Dewalt 20 Volt 12" chainsaw, she loves it!
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20190506_181713 (Custom).jpg 
Views:	244 
Size:	600.3 KB 
ID:	687022

    All done with the work, changed the oil for the season and ready for storage.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20190509_191552 (Custom).jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	479.5 KB 
ID:	687024

    By the way, I re-purposed my old battery out of my 1026R by putting it on my wood splitter. It should last years I hope.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20190510_161355 (Custom).jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	337.1 KB 
ID:	687026

    Time for a cold one.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20190510_174135 (Custom).jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	406.1 KB 
ID:	687028

    It feels so good to have the shed full again. This is about 3 chord which is good for just about two years. Mostly poplar but a little bit of maple mixed in there too.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20190511_092927 (Custom).jpg 
Views:	30 
Size:	490.4 KB 
ID:	687054
    Really nice job on the stacking, and getting some help from Mrs. C. Pretty slick idea to give her a cordless saw. Nice to have the forks to lift the logs off the ground too.

    Toward the end of last winter, I switched from stacking to using some repurposed 275 gallon totes and putting wood in them. I cut the plastic out and use it for covers. Right now the totes are our in the open, sometime this summer I'll probably move them under a shed using a TRACTOR and forks.

    I need a few more totes as my 300 loader can't pick up a full tote, at least not when it was green. The wood may have dried out enough so I can top off the totes, I'll have to check it out next time I have forks on the tractor.

    Treefarmer
    John Deere 790, 300 loader w Ken's Bolt on Hooks & Piranha tooth bar, grapple, back blade, box blade, Bush Hog mower, couple of red tractors, hay equipment, various old stuff some red, one orange, some I don't remember

  12. Top | #9
    Senior GTT Super Slacker Gizmo2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 06:43 PM
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    34,158
    Thanks
    5,767
    Thanked 3,945 Times in 2,908 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Carvel Loafer View Post
    It kind of offset the situation of me buying a new Stihl chainsaw for myself, . But yes Giz, a keeper for sure. We just passed 39 years last week with full intention to finish the ride to the end, even if it costs me a chainsaw once in a while.
    Happy belated anniversary.
    Keith

    JD 2320, 200CX FEL/61" bucket , 46 BH/16" bucket, Artillian Forks, 72" Snow Blade, Landscape Rake, Ballast Box, PHD, The Wife
    BX42 Chipper, XUV 560 Gator, Z915B ZTrak

  13. Top | #10

    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 06:42 PM
    Location
    Burton, Ohio
    Posts
    2,721
    Thanks
    530
    Thanked 433 Times in 342 Posts
    Carvel Loafer? Doesn't look like you've been loafing...
    I think I could have cut those logs easily in one day, but my God, my back hurts just looking at all that splitting and stacking.
    I probably would have had to split a little every day for three weeks.
    I really like that shed or barn you have there, especially the nice metal roof.
    Gizmo2, Levi and BigJim55 like this.
    1025R FILB, vintage: 2015
    54D MM mowing deck
    Imatch hitch
    2 inch receiver for three point
    "18" cart
    Piranha Tooth Bar
    Ken's hooks and differential lock pedal
    Artillian 36" forks
    Stihl equipment: Saws; MS261C, MS462C, MS661RCM and Blower; BR600 and Trimmer; FS70R and Hedge Cutter; HL 56K and Pressure Washer; RB400
    Husky log splitter

  14. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements
     

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. 2019 Ford Ranger
    By dieselshadow in forum Trucks, Trailers, & Towing
    Replies: 87
    Last Post: 12-30-2018, 07:24 AM
  2. Name my wood fire place . Help
    By Greenplowingguy in forum Home & Workshop Projects
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 10-17-2018, 07:44 AM
  3. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 02-10-2018, 08:02 AM
  4. Has anyone made fire extinguisher brackets for their tractor? Fire prevention thread
    By Bigger-digger 2320 in forum Medium Frame Compact Utility Tractors (MCUT)
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 07-08-2014, 02:40 PM
  5. Selling fire wood on shares?
    By Zebrafive in forum Land Ownership, Landscaping, Lawn Care & Gardening
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 12-24-2013, 09:06 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •