Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
Like Tree128Likes

Thread: Dogs digging up the dog run!

1. Top | #31
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 06:52 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by tquarles View Post
    Not really, you just need a spare tennis ball or two.
    Yep, with the Chuckit, I have to have another ball so she drops first one so I chuck second one.

Same with the frisbee. She will keep it and chew it up.

The Chuckit makes good snow balls too.

I had one dog that found if she dropped her ball in front of the lawn mower, it would launch it. Problem was when it went out front of deck, hit the fence and was heading for my head. THINK QUICK!
    Gizmo2, rtgt, mark02tj and 1 others like this.
    2018 1025R FIL 120R with Mauser Cab
    iMatch Quick Hitch
    BB2048L Box Blade
    AP10F 42" Pallet Fork
    AV20F 53" Root Grapple
    54" Front Snow Blower

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #32
    Last Online
    Today @ 09:49 AM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by tquarles View Post
    Not really, you just need a spare tennis ball or two.
    You've never met my lab. Then the game would become "how many tennis balls can I fit in my mouth!"
    bigbear, rtgt, coaltrain and 1 others like this.
    2010 2320 with 200cx FEL
    54D MMM
    54" front mount blower
    Titan 42" forks w/ receiver hitch
    County Line 5' tiller
    6' JD rear blade (tree find)

4. Top | #33
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 06:48 PM
    Thanks
    If all the holes are near the fence they are probably trying to be with you. Pass by and interact with them, it may calm them down a bit to know they are not forgotten. Get them a radio and play something that might sound like you a little. If the holes are all over they may be digging to see what is there, or chase what they think might be there.

Waiting for something you want (in this case for you) can be the longest wait, regardless how long it is.

And I agree, it is their playpen. Keep it clean and let them dig for fun, not to get away. All mine are street stupid so I have to protect them from too much freedom. Maybe you can teach them to help fill in the holes.

Rescues often have traumas, some physical and some mental. Patience and understanding are your best help for them.
    Last edited by RadarDon; Yesterday at 01:48 PM.
    theduke likes this.
    2032R, 220R FEL, 270B Backhoe, RT1157 Tiller, 59" 2000 Snow Blower, LR 2072 Rake, OTC Cab, CL Subsoiler, 3pt Tow Hitch, UA 42" Forks, IMatch with Kenny's Hook, Kenny's Bolt-On Hooks

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #34
    Last Online
    Today @ 02:35 PM
    Thanks
    [

Gave him a job today. Got a long weekend and he’s helping... we won’t tell him he’s hauling the wood to the wrong part of the yard

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    rtgt, coaltrain and CG3315 like this.

7. Top | #35
    Last Online
    Today @ 04:59 AM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Cutty72 View Post
    You've never met my lab. Then the game would become "how many tennis balls can I fit in my mouth!"
    My Boykin can carry 2 tennis balls and he’s about half the size of a lab.
    rtgt likes this.
    Eric

2011 1026R / H120 / 60D auto-connect, independent-lift mmm / 54" snowblower / 4' KK Pro rotary mower / KK 4' tiller

8. Top | #36

Last Online
    Today @ 10:17 AM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Kbar View Post
    [

Gave him a job today. Got a long weekend and he’s helping... we won’t tell him he’s hauling the wood to the wrong part of the yard

Our Stafford-shire does the same thing. One good thing about it is, it's located in one place. Easy to pick up.
    rtgt and Kbar like this.
    2019 3046r, 385A BH, FEL, JD Ballist box, 6' 3pt hitch rake, 4 way 48" snow blade, 7' 3pt hitch drag blade
    Zero turn Z445, 5' 3pt hitch woods mower, 42" Artillian Pallet forks W/Adapter for snow plow, Standard 3pt hitch receiver to move trailers.
    I haul the tractor with a 2015 2500HD Chevrolet Silverado 4X4 6.6L Duramax W/Allison transmission a 2013 18' 7500lb dove tail trailer made by Appilachian trailers.
    Stihl MS271 Farm Boss Chain Saw 18" blade, Piranha Bar.

9. Top | #37

Last Online
    Today @ 08:21 AM
    Thanks
    I built a fenced in pen for two English Bull Terriers about 24 x24 and got the inch by 16x16 patio pavers and completely covered the bottom laying down weed fabric first. Hated to spend so much but realized it was well worth it keeping dirt out of house easy to hose down and impossible for dogs to dig out and let them run rest of yard when I was out with them.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to BullyboyNo1 For This Useful Post:

Kbar (Today)

11. Top | #38
    Last Online
    Today @ 02:35 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by BullyboyNo1 View Post
    I built a fenced in pen for two English Bull Terriers about 24 x24 and got the inch by 16x16 patio pavers and completely covered the bottom laying down weed fabric first. Hated to spend so much but realized it was well worth it keeping dirt out of house easy to hose down and impossible for dogs to dig out and let them run rest of yard when I was out with them.
    That’s kinda what I was looking for. I’m not opposed to them digging. They just do it right where they gotta go through and come in the house. My house is brand new. Lowe’s has the 21” square pavers for around $6-7 and I can do that. I’m not trying to pour concrete or anything permanent. Just looking to minimize the tracking in the house. As it is now, when it rains, they get muddy, and have to spend time in decontamination zone ( they’re kennel in the garage) before coming in the house.

12. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4