Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: Tenacity and trimec tank mix?

1. Top | #1

Last Online
    Today @ 07:11 AM
    Thanks

Tenacity and trimec tank mix?

Does anybody have experience with Trimec and Tenacity in a tank mix?

I have read both labels, but they don't specify anything about mixing the two, other than doing a jar test.

I'm wondering if the two are compatible as a mix, and if the combination can be applied without turf damage. Has anybody tried it?
    Dave

1025r FILB: iMatch / JD 647 Tiller / JD LP 33814 60 Gallon Sprayer with 150" boom / LandPride CA1548 Core Aerator / Woods LR72 Landscape Rake with Titan wheel kit / King Kutter S-400-P Spreader / King Kutter Carry All / Frontier Pallet Forks / JD Ballast Box / ZTrak 915B Zero Turn / Heavy Hitch tooth bar / Frontier BB5048L Box Blade / Woods RB60 Scraper Blade

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Last Online
    Today @ 01:52 PM
    Thanks
    Might ask your question on Do My Own - Do It Yourself Pest Control, Lawn Care, Gardening, Equipment & Animal Care Products & Supplies.

Seems like its been asked there, but not answered well.
    The one similar question I found said that it would likely be ok as a spot spray, but not broadcast.
    To me, if you can spray any of it, you should be able to spray it all, but then that would mean youd need to test a small amount to see if the two actually will mix ok with each other.
    Herminator and KeyboardJungle like this.
    Jim B.

318, 49 Thrower, 2 80 Carts, 17AT cart, 54 Blade, 12" Brinly Plow, 30 Hydraulic Tiller w/extension & Briney 3-Pt hitch, 50 deck w/JRCO Cart Bagger.
    2025R, 120R loader w/Kens Bolt On Hooks, 260B backhoe w/8" & 16" buckets, Titan 36" forks, Imatch hitch, Weight Bracket/Hitch.

Exmark Lazer Z HP 52"
    Husqvarna 550XP, 562XP, 55 Rancher

4. The Following User Says Thank You to IndianaJim For This Useful Post:

KeyboardJungle†(07-22-2019)

5. Top | #3

Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by IndianaJim View Post
    Might ask your question on Do My Own - Do It Yourself Pest Control, Lawn Care, Gardening, Equipment & Animal Care Products & Supplies.

The one similar question I found said that it would likely be ok as a spot spray, but not broadcast.
    To me, if you can spray any of it, you should be able to spray it all, but then that would mean youd need to test a small amount to see if the two actually will mix ok with each other.
    I looked there, and yes, the answer is a bit vacuous. They sell the stuff, so they probably have to be careful to not say anything that isn't backed up by the label.
    Herminator likes this.
    Dave

1025r FILB: iMatch / JD 647 Tiller / JD LP 33814 60 Gallon Sprayer with 150" boom / LandPride CA1548 Core Aerator / Woods LR72 Landscape Rake with Titan wheel kit / King Kutter S-400-P Spreader / King Kutter Carry All / Frontier Pallet Forks / JD Ballast Box / ZTrak 915B Zero Turn / Heavy Hitch tooth bar / Frontier BB5048L Box Blade / Woods RB60 Scraper Blade

6. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

7. Top | #4
    Last Online
    Today @ 04:56 PM
    Thanks
    What are you trying to kill with the tenacity?
    2019 2025r: Galaxy R3+, 60D AutoConnect, 120r loader, 260b backhoe, AP10F 42Ē forks

1948 Farmall Cub: L-54 snow plow, 193 one bottom plow
    Husqvarna push mower (I forget the model)
    Husqvarna 562XP chainsaw: 24" bar w/ skip tooth, 20Ē Power Match full comp
    Craftsman 18" chainsaw

8. Top | #5

Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by rjpoog1989 View Post
    What are you trying to kill with the tenacity?
    Nimblewill and bentgrass.
    Herminator likes this.
    Dave

9. Top | #6

Last Online
    Today @ 09:01 PM
    Thanks

Sometimes herbicides don't play well together

Quote Originally Posted by IndianaJim View Post

Sometimes tank mixes just don't work. The ingredients might cause one or both to separate out or clump up. Sometimes the combo together become more effective and the mfg recommends different application rates of an ingredient than if it's applied alone. Sometimes the ingredients actually counter act each other. If it's not on the label, it's probably for a reason but you can usually email the tech people at the mfg. and get an answer.

Actually, if it's not on the label and there isn't a subsequent revised label, I think it's illegal to apply most restricted use products off label. I'm not saying it doesn't happen, just that it has some unique issues.

Treefarmer
    John Deere 790, 300 loader w Ken's Bolt on Hooks & Piranha tooth bar, grapple, back blade, box blade, Bush Hog mower, couple of red tractors, hay equipment, various old stuff some red, one orange, some I don't remember

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Treefarmer For This Useful Post:

KeyboardJungle†(07-23-2019)

11. Top | #7
    Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by KeyboardJungle View Post
    Nimblewill and bentgrass.
    Bent canít be hard to kill at times. Seems like the tenacity just turns it white and then it comes right back. I donít see any reason why you couldnít tank mix these. Iíve never had issues mixing herbicides. Just donít spray them when itís insanely hot outside.
    KeyboardJungle likes this.
    2019 2025r: Galaxy R3+, 60D AutoConnect, 120r loader, 260b backhoe, AP10F 42Ē forks

Craftsman 18" chainsaw

12. The Following User Says Thank You to rjpoog1989 For This Useful Post:

KeyboardJungle†(07-23-2019)

13. Top | #8

Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by rjpoog1989 View Post
    Bent canít be hard to kill at times. Seems like the tenacity just turns it white and then it comes right back. I donít see any reason why you couldnít tank mix these. Iíve never had issues mixing herbicides. Just donít spray them when itís insanely hot outside.
    Iíll let you know how it turns out. I will be taking advantage Of the cooler weather that is forecast for the next few days and getting my spraying done.
    Dave

14. Top | #9
    Last Online
    Today @ 06:12 PM
    Thanks
    I've used that tank mix twice this year and it was fine. The two do not interfere with each other.

Tenacity needs a surfactant for post-emergent use, which is what you're doing if you're trying to kill bentgrass. Trimec on the other hand should not be used with a surfactant per the label. It could cause the trimec to lose it's selectivity and kill desired grass. It doesn't happen all the time and I think it's somewhat conditional. I used a surfactant and it didn't inadvertently kill my tall fescue lawn. Up to you if you want to take that risk.

Tenacity is not labeled to kill bentgrass. At best, it may annoy the bentgrass but probably not kill it. Tenacity would probably be an expensive exercise in futility. IDK what would be better since I don't have bentgrass.

I'll be doing quite a bit of spraying the next few days too since it is no longer 1,000,000 degrees.
    1025r | 60D | Forks | AV20F Grapple & 3rd SCV | 60" Box Blade | Danuser G20/40 Auger | Titan Pine Straw Rake | Kenny's hooks, springs, & diff lock pedal | LED Lighting Upgrades | HF Quick Hitch w/ extended top hook | Heavy Hitch weight bracket & toothbar | Custom loader snow plow

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Pedals2Paddles For This Useful Post:

KeyboardJungle†(07-24-2019)

16. Top | #10
    Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Pedals2Paddles View Post
    I've used that tank mix twice this year and it was fine. The two do not interfere with each other.

Tenacity needs a surfactant for post-emergent use, which is what you're doing if you're trying to kill bentgrass. Trimec on the other hand should not be used with a surfactant per the label. It could cause the trimec to lose it's selectivity and kill desired grass. It doesn't happen all the time and I think it's somewhat conditional. I used a surfactant and it didn't inadvertently kill my tall fescue lawn. Up to you if you want to take that risk.

Tenacity is not labeled to kill bentgrass. At best, it may annoy the bentgrass but probably not kill it. Tenacity would probably be an expensive exercise in futility. IDK what would be better since I don't have bentgrass.

I'll be doing quite a bit of spraying the next few days too since it is no longer 1,000,000 degrees.
    Tenacity is definitely labeled for post emergence control of creeping bent. I just looked it up. It was recommended for us to use for that purpose by our regional USGA agronomist. Weíve given up trying to kill it though and these days itís pretty much everywhere itís not supposed to be.

Craftsman 18" chainsaw

17. The Following User Says Thank You to rjpoog1989 For This Useful Post:

KeyboardJungle†(07-24-2019)

18. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast