Thank you everyone, for your comments and suggestions. It went well, easier and faster than I expected. I followed my original plan of using the FEL, since I’m lazy and didn’t feel like removing the backhoe. I figured if it wouldn’t pull it, THEN I’d switch out the backhoe for the IMatch. I’ve responded directly to a few comments and concerns, but I really appreciate all the feedback. Today was a good day to do this since the Missus was working from home. She’d be here to a) call 911 if I got squashed, and b) do some video for me. I’ve got a few stills for the thread here, and I’ll put up a video in a little while.
The pole was approximately 20’ high and buried 5’ into the ground for a total of 25’. It’ll burn real nice in the outdoor furnace this winter. I’ve got a metal pole that telescopes up to 30’ that’s going in in its place. I sawed off the top 16’ leaving a nice stump to grab. I wrapped it as best I could (reattached the one hook after the picture) and started pulling and wiggling. I didn’t try to force anything, and it came up pretty fast and easy. I’ve got a bunch of work to do to clean up the ground and prep it for grass, but that’ll come as I get time.