I have been wanting to do this for some time now. Actually since we bought the property 2 1/2 years ago.
We have two ponds, one is 15 feet of so higher than the other. The upper pond drains through a ditch to the lower pond. The ditch is/was in pretty rough shape. I have been cleaning it out and hardening the sides with large rip-rap.
There is one spot that we use to cross on foot and with the Gator, however I cannot get the tractor or ZTR through it because of the slope. to get to the back of the property I have to drive around the west perimeter of the property.
A while back I found a 10 foot length of 36" diameter dual wall culvert. It is normally sold in 20 foot lengths and I didn't need that much culvert. Since it has been dry the upper pond level has dropped enough that the ditch dried up. The dam at the spillway is a hodge podge of concrete blocks, but that is another project.
Since I have mentioned my project in the Good Morning thread I figured I better post some pictures before I get busted.
Here is what it looked like when I got started.
A previous owner that did a lot of work around the property thought that construction debris was good fill material. Broken brick & concrete block, chucks of asphalt & concrete, etc were used as fill and then dirt just pushed over it. I have been digging this stuff up in several places. This is just some of the stuff I dug out.
Dug out the junk and cleaned up the bottom. Then dropped in the culvert to see how it fit.
Once I had the bottom the way I wanted I sunk 4 anchors in the ground and lashed it in place.