• 2 Post By Kennyd
  • 1 Post By JAllen

Thread: Contractors in central KY

1. Top | #1

Last Online
    Today @ 06:44 AM
    Thanks

Contractors in central KY

I apologize if this is not in the correct category.

We've acquired some property in the Danville/Lancaster KY area and I need some help locating contractors. I've searched the internet and not much as turned up. The property has a low spot that collects water - it may be a small sink hole (which apparently are common in the area). I'm looking for contractors who:
    1. Can assess if there is a sink hole.
    2. If so, can recommend the best way to remediate and possibly perform the work so it doesn't continue to expand and be a problem in the future.
    3. Can possibly fill in the low spot and regrade so water doesn't accumulate.
    4. Install drainage to help route the water to a stream that borders the property

I found one individual who said "I have some contractor friends who are looking for a place to dump fill and might regrade it if you let them dump for free." I'm not sure this is the best course of action - if there is a sink hole, filling it might work for the short term but I suspect that it will delay the necessary repairs.

BTW, the U of K has quite a bit of good information on remediation of sinkholes and recommends dealing with them properly to prevent additional property damage.

Thanks.

John
    John Deere 4200, 420 FEL, 60" MMM, #74 Front Blade, #59 Snowblower, iMatch, Hydraulic Dump MCS

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2

Last Online
    Today @ 07:28 AM
    Thanks

Check with local Soil and Water Conservation District office

Quote Originally Posted by JAllen View Post
    I apologize if this is not in the correct category.

We've acquired some property in the Danville/Lancaster KY area and I need some help locating contractors. I've searched the internet and not much as turned up. The property has a low spot that collects water - it may be a small sink hole (which apparently are common in the area). I'm looking for contractors who:
    1. Can assess if there is a sink hole.
    2. If so, can recommend the best way to remediate and possibly perform the work so it doesn't continue to expand and be a problem in the future.
    3. Can possibly fill in the low spot and regrade so water doesn't accumulate.
    4. Install drainage to help route the water to a stream that borders the property

I found one individual who said "I have some contractor friends who are looking for a place to dump fill and might regrade it if you let them dump for free." I'm not sure this is the best course of action - if there is a sink hole, filling it might work for the short term but I suspect that it will delay the necessary repairs.

BTW, the U of K has quite a bit of good information on remediation of sinkholes and recommends dealing with them properly to prevent additional property damage.

Thanks.

John
    Your local Soil and Water Conservation District office may be able to at least give you some technical advice. I don't know about sink holes but the local office here has pretty good technicians for issues in our area like erosion, stream side exclusion fencing etc.

Treefarmer
    John Deere 790, 300 loader w Ken's Bolt on Hooks & Piranha tooth bar, grapple, back blade, box blade, Bush Hog mower, couple of red tractors, hay equipment, various old stuff some red, one orange, some I don't remember

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Treefarmer For This Useful Post:

JAllen (09-03-2019)

5. Top | #3
    Last Online
    Today @ 10:18 AM
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,035 Times in 2,514 Posts
    Your not building a Corvette Museum there are you?

Sorry, I couldn't resist and can't help other than to try to PM member ky_shawn, he hasn't been online in a while but he may be close or know someone that is, he had/has a small tractor business.
    DRobinson and dieselshadow like this.
    Kenny

-John Deere 3720 Deluxe Cab TLB
    FEL, MMM, Artillian 42" Forks and Modular Grapple, I-Match, Ballast Box, and lots of other STUFF.
    -John Deere 455 w/60" MMM

Bolt on Grab Hooks and other cool stuff are now for sale!!

Visit our YouTube Channel

My Equipment:
    John Deere 3720 Deluxe Cab, 300cx FEL, 366 Front Blade, 59" Front Snowblower, Ballast Box
    Artillian 3K Forks, Grapple, Front-Hoe Bucket
    John Deere 455, 60" MMM

6. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

7. Top | #4

Last Online
    Today @ 06:44 AM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Kennyd View Post
    Your not building a Corvette Museum there are you?

Sorry, I couldn't resist and can't help other than to try to PM member ky_shawn, he hasn't been online in a while but he may be close or know someone that is, he had/has a small tractor business.
    Maybe. I heard there's one for sale cheap. Apparently small sink holes are quite common in the area. The larger ones are rare but cause a lot of damage.
    Kennyd likes this.
    John Deere 4200, 420 FEL, 60" MMM, #74 Front Blade, #59 Snowblower, iMatch, Hydraulic Dump MCS

8. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements