...been a while since I have posted...
I am about to construct a Mueller Inc. shed and I need to dig four holes rough 3' deep and 10" dia.
1) I can hire the job (not cheap)
2) I can do it by hand (lol)
3) I can call in an air strike (wishful thinking)
4) Rent a jack hammer (realistic)
5) Buy something to attach to my 3032E tractor (wooohooo!!...excuse to buy more stuff!!!)
I like #5, but not sure what that is. Yeah, 10 grand for a belltec would be fun but I might catch a frying pan up side the head from you know who.
Hill Country soil (right) is a few grains of dirt followed by a piece of limestone. Sometimes rather small and sometimes larger. I have dug up a lot of rock around here with my grapple. I guess I could dig up the entire 12x12 area and then refill after placing the posts and concreting them in. I am looking for a surgical approach. I am not optimistic, but maybe there is a genius out there that can help me.
I am all ears!