Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By Bill Berger

Thread: thinking of a plan

1. Top | #1
    Last Online
    08-14-2019 @ 12:46 AM
    Thanks

thinking of a plan

Ok, so here is what I am thinking. I live on a developed acre + of land. My neighbors yard flooded my back yard during rains, so I hired a contractor to dig a shallow swale to drain the water to the road ditch. While I was at it I had three dump truck loads of dirt delivered to build up a playground area for the grandson. Everything was going fine until it rained; then my dirt pile turned into a big dirt clod. That's when I bought my 316 tractor with the mower deck and tiller attachment and gave a buddy my Saber.

So, now what to do with this equipment besides mow the lawn, because I really like running it (I'd like it better if it had a cup holder). A couple of the guys at work suggested I hire out putting in small gardens - anyone out there do that? I am trying to figure out what to charge and also, in OK am I too late for this year? My wife and I are not green thumbs, heck, we can kill plastic flowers.

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Last Online
    10-10-2019 @ 05:21 AM
    Thanks
    The 316 is a nice little workhorse. I think you'll enjoy it pretty good.
    As far as putting in "gardens", why not ask your local City Council if they have a piece of land that you could till for free, and try to help start a community garden? A good honest gesture like that might go a long ways.
    It gives the older crowd something to do vs: setting home all day bored and watching T.V., and helps the younger generation learn about the values of tending a garden and reaping the benefits at harvest time.
    Just a thought.......
    316 and gbnpp05 like this.
    The I.R.S. must love poor folks, they create more and more every day.

4. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements