Like Tree82Likes

Thread: Clearing some trails

1. Top | #1
    Last Online
    Today @ 03:28 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,100 Times in 2,263 Posts

Clearing some trails

Another beautiful day - decided to walk my property some more before the underbrush greens up - also picking of sticks and limbs along the tram road that runs parralell to the creek that I keep mowed. Here's a couple shots along the way:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1330228.jpg 
Views:	65 
Size:	1.16 MB 
ID:	44133

Name:	P1330229.jpg 
Views:	62 
Size:	1.25 MB 
ID:	44134

As I am getting toward the end of my property I see something - what the heck is this?

Name:	P1330230.jpg 
Views:	61 
Size:	1.14 MB 
ID:	44135

Name:	P1330231.jpg 
Views:	73 
Size:	963.0 KB 
ID:	44136

I was on this tram road last Tuesday or Wednesday when I was marking my survey stakes and it wasn't there. Huh.....must have something to do with trout season opening yesterday. So hike back to the barn for a hacksaw and vice grips - took care of that chain in short order. Carried the stool and chain past my property line a bit and dropped it there.

As I said in another thread I've lived here for 20 years now and never felt the need for trespassing signs. Now just this weekend I've had to physically block my driveway and now this up on the tram road. When I went back up with my tools I also brought along a post that I pounded in the middle of the tram road - have to wait to get more signs when I go to Tractor Supply on Wednesday.

I just don't know what the purpose was of someone chaining/locking that stool to a tree right there.......

Name:	P1330233.jpg 
Views:	66 
Size:	1.26 MB 
ID:	44137

I don't mind anyone fishing the creek along my property as long as they stay off my mowed lawn area. But when I think of what we went through to buy this property and the struggles to pay for it and the taxes all these years it kind of makes me mad. Guess I might be getting grumpy in my older age and sickness but I bought this place for privacy and to be along that beautiful creek. I just don't want to share!
    ~Stan~
    It is what it is
    Knowledge is power, ignorance is bliss
    2520 w/200CX w/62D2

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Last Online
    10-10-2019 @ 05:21 AM
    Thanks
    I recognize that stool....it belongs to the Dali Llama, who sets by the creek to meditate.
    The I.R.S. must love poor folks, they create more and more every day.

4. Top | #3
    Last Online
    08-18-2019 @ 08:55 AM
    Thanks
    I posted my properties the day we closed on both of them. The neighbors all got pissy about it, and I've had a couple people cited for trespassing. I even tell all of them we bought the land to get away from them, but they don't seem to "get it."

Me and the critters and any family or friends I happen to invite over are the only animals I want to see on my land. I'm not hostile about it, but I expect to be left alone out there.

Around here, if it isn't posted, you're chasing your tail. You need to confront folks to make them leave and then they have to refuse before you can get them on trespass if there isn't a legal sign saying otherwise. I'd rather not need the signs, but I'm not giving up instant prosecution without them.

What happened to respecting other people's property? Why is it a foreign concept these days?
    5065E MFWD w/553 loader

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4
    Last Online
    Today @ 03:28 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,100 Times in 2,263 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim Timber View Post
    I posted my properties the day we closed on both of them. The neighbors all got pissy about it, and I've had a couple people cited for trespassing. I even tell all of them we bought the land to get away from them, but they don't seem to "get it."

Me and the critters and any family or friends I happen to invite over are the only animals I want to see on my land. I'm not hostile about it, but I expect to be left alone out there.

Around here, if it isn't posted, you're chasing your tail. You need to confront folks to make them leave and then they have to refuse before you can get them on trespass if there isn't a legal sign saying otherwise. I'd rather not need the signs, but I'm not giving up instant prosecution without them.

What happened to respecting other people's property? Why is it a foreign concept these days?
    You make me feel a bit better - it's not only me who thinks like this.

And your last sentence - as I mentioned we've been living here for 20 years. Yeah, there has been a rogue person here and there walking across the property but last year and now this year it seems a lot worse. Is this something like a new generation and their lack of respect or something?

My biggest problem is the creek - seems to be a popular section to fish. When we first moved here I actually was respectful of the older guys who had been fishing around here for years - talked with them about staying away from the house area and especially Bentley (English Mastiff) and they were fine with it. I actually had in my mind to put signs on the upper end of the property stating "walk in fishing only" but changed my mind after today.

Bentley, although getting old like us, has been on high alert and patrol the past couple days. He roams free (doesn't even have a collar) but has never left sight of the house. Also he won't go down the bank to the creek unless one of us is there with him. A couple times over the years it's been kind of fun to see the reaction on people's faces when they are half way across the yard when Bentley barrels around the corner of the house and is in full sprint toward them.....

Name:	IMGP2690_DxO.jpg 
Views:	39 
Size:	1.04 MB 
ID:	44153

And sitting on the bank keeping an eye on the fishermen.....or maybe the ducks.....

Name:	IMGK0361.JPG 
Views:	42 
Size:	1.29 MB 
ID:	44154
    ~Stan~
    It is what it is
    Knowledge is power, ignorance is bliss
    2520 w/200CX w/62D2

7. Top | #5
    Last Online
    06-28-2019 @ 11:07 PM
    Thanks
    How about some "Danger: Chemical Spill" signs... "Caution Trapping In Progress". Or the old standby "Tresspassers Will Be Bitten (or SHOT, your choice)".

It's a damn good thing for the world I don't have more than a 1/2 acre!
    2013(12) 1026r TLB 54 QH front blade, 54D Auto Connect deck, ballast box, carryall

'04 GX335, 48C, Johnny Bucket Jr., PowerFlow W/7bu. bagger, 42 snow blower, 48 Plow, JD front dethatcher, 10 Cart, Little-Brown Henway, Stihl 026P/20", Stihl 241/16", Stihl BG 85 blower, Stihl KombiMotor 110 w/string trimmer/brush cutter/edger/pole saw/hedge trimmer, Snapper 21" WB, Snapper 8/24 snow blower

"...and visions of green CUT sugarplums dance in his head..."

NRA Life Member

8. Top | #6
    Last Online
    Today @ 02:41 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,899 Times in 1,065 Posts
    It's that "entitlement" thing they have going on. They just don't think you have the entitlement to run them off your property.
    1026R -- 60D mmm -- H120 Loader -- Curtis 150 Tiller -- DR 3 point Chipper -- Howse Middle Buster -- Brinly 16 Blade Disk -- Kodiak 5' Box Blade -- 12-42 lb. suitcase weights -- Lawn roller -- Upgraded seat springs from psrumors -- Kennyd's bolt on hooks & clevis -- BXpanded tooth bar -- CMI 6' wagon -- Heavy Hitch Cultivator /garden bedder / hiller attachments --

Donated by some great people/vendors on here: 72 lb. wheel weights -- Bro-Tek 1˝" rear wheel spacers.
    NRA Life Member

9. Top | #7
    Last Online
    08-18-2019 @ 08:55 AM
    Thanks
    Warning the neighbors I was going to be trapping was the start of our bad relationship. Instead of just being the "jerk" who wouldn't let them freeload off my land, I became the guy who wanted to hurt their free-ranging pets.

I've never been one to harm an animal who's owner was the one who needed a beating. It's not their fault their owners don't care enough about them to keep them out of harms way.
    5065E MFWD w/553 loader

10. Top | #8
    Last Online
    Today @ 10:47 AM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by coaltrain View Post
    Another beautiful day - decided to walk my property some more before the underbrush greens up - also picking of sticks and limbs along the tram road that runs parralell to the creek that I keep mowed. Here's a couple shots along the way:

Name:	P1330228.jpg 
Views:	65 
Size:	1.16 MB 
ID:	44133

Name:	P1330229.jpg 
Views:	62 
Size:	1.25 MB 
ID:	44134

As I am getting toward the end of my property I see something - what the heck is this?

Name:	P1330230.jpg 
Views:	61 
Size:	1.14 MB 
ID:	44135

Name:	P1330231.jpg 
Views:	73 
Size:	963.0 KB 
ID:	44136

I was on this tram road last Tuesday or Wednesday when I was marking my survey stakes and it wasn't there. Huh.....must have something to do with trout season opening yesterday. So hike back to the barn for a hacksaw and vice grips - took care of that chain in short order. Carried the stool and chain past my property line a bit and dropped it there.

As I said in another thread I've lived here for 20 years now and never felt the need for trespassing signs. Now just this weekend I've had to physically block my driveway and now this up on the tram road. When I went back up with my tools I also brought along a post that I pounded in the middle of the tram road - have to wait to get more signs when I go to Tractor Supply on Wednesday.

I just don't know what the purpose was of someone chaining/locking that stool to a tree right there.......

Name:	P1330233.jpg 
Views:	66 
Size:	1.26 MB 
ID:	44137

I don't mind anyone fishing the creek along my property as long as they stay off my mowed lawn area. But when I think of what we went through to buy this property and the struggles to pay for it and the taxes all these years it kind of makes me mad. Guess I might be getting grumpy in my older age and sickness but I bought this place for privacy and to be along that beautiful creek. I just don't want to share!

ALIENS!!!!!!!!!!
    ColonyPark and Levi like this.
    - 2002 John Deere 4510 TLB PR,
    -Woods BB60X 60" rotary cutter
    -Countyline box blade,
    -Allis Chalmers sickle mower,
    -RED windrow rake,
    -titan 48" 3000 pound forks/bale spear
    - Farm Star rear bale spear

Yamaha Rhino 700, Yamaha Rhino 660,
    Murray 624 mower/38" deck

11. Top | #9
    Last Online
    Today @ 10:47 AM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by HydroHarold View Post
    How about some "Danger: Chemical Spill" signs... "Caution Trapping In Progress". Or the old standby "Tresspassers Will Be Bitten (or SHOT, your choice)".

It's a damn good thing for the world I don't have more than a 1/2 acre!

You should watch secondhand lions. You can get some GREAT ideas....

One of these days, I'm gonna get some signs that say, IF you are caught on my property twice without permission, you will be shot on sight. Can't wait to see them looks on their face when I follow through.....
    Levi and coaltrain like this.
    - 2002 John Deere 4510 TLB PR,
    -Woods BB60X 60" rotary cutter
    -Countyline box blade,
    -Allis Chalmers sickle mower,
    -RED windrow rake,
    -titan 48" 3000 pound forks/bale spear
    - Farm Star rear bale spear

Yamaha Rhino 700, Yamaha Rhino 660,
    Murray 624 mower/38" deck

12. Top | #10
    Last Online
    Today @ 08:44 AM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,145 Times in 976 Posts
    Sorry you've had some issues at your place coaltrain (and what a nice looking place it is). We were thrust into a dispute this past week with a neighbor. After living side by side for almost 10 years, I feel like I don't even know the guy. If these people want to act like they own more land than they actually do, then they need to buy places with more land. In my case, knowing my profession and contacts, it baffles me what I have been threatened with. This guy has been on me for years to sell some land to him, he doesn't have a snowball's chance now. I am hoping things quiet down for you (and me)!
    Levi, BigJim55, coaltrain and 1 others like this.
    Jamie

2011 JD 1026R - w/60" NON-AutoConnect MMM, FEL w/WR Long Toothbar, 47" Front Mount Snowblower, 54" Front Mount Blade w/ Rubber Edge, 48" KingKutter Tiller & Brush Hog, CountyLine Carry All and CountyLine 60" Rear Blade, Pat's EZ-Change Quick Hitch System
    1990 JD 185 - 46"MMM w/Power Flow Bagger

13. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast