Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree53Likes

Thread: Relocating a tree in our yard

1. Top | #1
    Last Online
    Today @ 10:25 AM
    Thanks

Relocating a tree in our yard

Yesterday, we relocated a Bradford Pear tree in our backyard.

We planted the tree a little over 3 years ago. Now, we have decided to build a garage/storage building in this area (to provide a home for the 1025R).

So, we could have cut the tree down (the logical approach), spent $25 on a new small tree to plant in a new location and moved on to another project.
    However, this would not have been any fun. We wouldn't have been able to use the 1025R for anything significant. So, this plan was quickly thrown out, and replaced with the more complicated plan of moving the tree to a new home on the other side of the yard.

My daughter (Katriel) was the videographer for this project, so if you choose to watch, you will get some "quality" (or at least entertaining) narration.
    Unfortunately, neighbor Bob (age 87) is out of town for the weekend, so he didn't get to participate in this project. I'm sure he will be disappointed when he sees the fun he has missed.

The first link is to a youtube playlist which contains all 4 segments of the video. This is the best place to start. Easiest to navigate.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...pwY4nTG-HZkI9O

Here are the links to the individual parts of the video. Get the popcorn and enjoy.

Last edited by Tractor Tim; 07-13-2015 at 09:36 AM.
    Gizmo2, Tomfive, Levi and 7 others like this.
    (See Tractor Time with Tim's main YouTube channel page)
    Tractor Time with Tim Web site
    Owned:
    2018 Deere 1025R

Sponsored (subsidized, loaner, etc):
    Ventrac 4500
    Case CX37C
    Deere 5075e
    Deere 2038r
    Deere Gator 835M HVAC

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Tractor Tim For This Useful Post:

tommyhawk (07-14-2015)

3. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

4. Top | #2
    Jep

Last Online
    Today @ 12:44 PM
    Thanks

Nice job

Timmarks: very well put together complete job. Great video that will help all new green owners see just what these great machines will do in the hands of an experienced owner. All can see it's more then a pretty face. Thank you for sharing . Your post gave my wife some great ideas of what is possible.
    Gizmo2, Levi, BigJim55 and 1 others like this.
    1025R TLB 54D MM, Imatch Quick hitch, BB, Ken's bolt on hooks, Piranha Tooth Bar, 36" Artillian forks, Cyclone rake XL, 54" Snowblower, 54"used blade, Edge Tamer and Extender, Heavy Hitch Subsoiler. Trailers: Sure-Trac 5x8 dump and a 7x16 steel side., 647 tiller, 5048 Box blade, heavy hitch tooth bar, 260B hoe, mulch kit

5. Top | #3

Last Online
    Today @ 09:23 AM
    Thanks
    I only watched part of the videos, but your daughter's narration was cracking me up - "I think the ultimate goal of having a tractor is to try and look manly!" She must have heard that from Mom!

Isn't it funny how we come up with projects to justify our toys? NICE job on the move!

I've said this in other posts to you, but I'll bet you're the envy of a lot of your neighbors in Carmel! I used to live in an area very similar to Carmel and my neighbors called me "Tool Man" just because of my Gravely and it's attachments. Now I live on 5 acres in the country so my 3520 is just considered an "average" piece of equipment.

Have your neighbors started hitting you up to do things for them with your tractor? There's an old saying that says "If you have a truck, you will always have friends." I think the same thing probably holds true for owning a tractor.

HAVE FUN!!
    Levi and BigJim55 like this.
    '05 JD 3520 Open Station w/ 300CX FEL
    Grandpa's '52 Farmall Cub
    A couple of old Gravelys
    Help a Vet and his dog

6. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

7. Top | #4
    Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by mark02tj View Post
    I only watched part of the videos, but your daughter's narration was cracking me up - "I think the ultimate goal of having a tractor is to try and look manly!" She must have heard that from Mom!

Isn't it funny how we come up with projects to justify our toys? NICE job on the move!

I've said this in other posts to you, but I'll bet you're the envy of a lot of your neighbors in Carmel! I used to live in an area very similar to Carmel and my neighbors called me "Tool Man" just because of my Gravely and it's attachments. Now I live on 5 acres in the country so my 3520 is just considered an "average" piece of equipment.

Have your neighbors started hitting you up to do things for them with your tractor? There's an old saying that says "If you have a truck, you will always have friends." I think the same thing probably holds true for owning a tractor.

HAVE FUN!!
    Mark,

Thanks for the nice comments.

I've had a few 'neighbor' projects. However, for the most part, it seems the Carmel-ites don't realize what could be done with this little tractor. I offer my services to everyone I know (for free). I'm surprised I don't get more takers.
    They just call some professional and pay $500 or more to get the job done.

I think folks just can't imagine the types of projects we could tackle.

This is the main reason I do the videos. I just want people to see what can be done, and how easy it is to do.

My daughter has been having fun with the narration. I'm not sure where she comes up with all of it. But it is fun.
    ...I don't remember talking to her about Mexican Drug Cartels!?!

I would have edited the videos to make them shorter, but some of the best narration is in the most boring parts of the video, so I posted the raw footage unedited.

I figure some folks might want to watch the whole thing. Others can enjoy the portions which interest them.

Tim
    Levi and BigJim55 like this.
    Owned:
    2018 Deere 1025R

Ventrac 4500
    Case CX37C
    Deere 5075e
    Deere 2038r
    Deere Gator 835M HVAC

8. Top | #5
    Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Jep View Post
    Timmarks: very well put together complete job. Great video that will help all new green owners see just what these great machines will do in the hands of an experienced owner. All can see it's more then a pretty face. Thank you for sharing . Your post gave my wife some great ideas of what is possible.
    Jep,

So, what are some of those ideas your wife is signing you up for?

Tim
    BigJim55 likes this.
    Owned:
    2018 Deere 1025R

Ventrac 4500
    Case CX37C
    Deere 5075e
    Deere 2038r
    Deere Gator 835M HVAC

9. Top | #6
    Last Online
    Today @ 02:41 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,899 Times in 1,065 Posts
    Good job Tim. I liked the videos and was sorry to see them end.
    BigJim55 and Tractor Tim like this.
    1026R -- 60D mmm -- H120 Loader -- Curtis 150 Tiller -- DR 3 point Chipper -- Howse Middle Buster -- Brinly 16 Blade Disk -- Kodiak 5' Box Blade -- 12-42 lb. suitcase weights -- Lawn roller -- Upgraded seat springs from psrumors -- Kennyd's bolt on hooks & clevis -- BXpanded tooth bar -- CMI 6' wagon -- Heavy Hitch Cultivator /garden bedder / hiller attachments --

Donated by some great people/vendors on here: 72 lb. wheel weights -- Bro-Tek 1½" rear wheel spacers.
    NRA Life Member

10. Top | #7
    Last Online
    Today @ 02:30 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,401 Times in 1,101 Posts

tree moving

tinmarks; hey I have to say ur family and u make some great entertaniment , I laughed the whole way thru, especialy all the math lessons!! I also noticed how much the garden has grown, since the last video posted, I would be very proud of that garden, it looks good. thanks again, big jim
    Levi and Tractor Tim like this.

11. Top | #8
    Last Online
    Today @ 02:05 PM
    Thanks

Thanks for posting. I really didn't get a chance to watch the whole thing, but I WILL BE BACK to watch when I have more time. Your daughter is a riot with her narration and it seemed like it was a fun family affair.

The only thing I noticed that I wanted to caution you is not having people near your forks or backhoe when you're working the controls. I know you try to be careful, but one wrong move and injury can occur. There's a lot of power behind the hydraulics, and I know that I've slammed my backhoe against the stops more than once. I can't really tell if your wife and daughter were really that close to your tractor, just hope you all stay safe.

But I really enjoyed your video.
    BigJim55 and Tractor Tim like this.
    Tom

2011 1026R/R4's -- H120 FEL/49" -- 260 BH/12" -- Bro-Tek Ripper -- Artillian Forks/42" -- 244 lbs JD Rear Wheel Weights -- KBOH Hooks and Clevis' --
    Block heater -- 180* T-stat -- Evans HP Waterless Coolant

12. Top | #9
    Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Jim 55 View Post
    tinmarks; hey I have to say ur family and u make some great entertaniment , I laughed the whole way thru, especialy all the math lessons!! I also noticed how much the garden has grown, since the last video posted, I would be very proud of that garden, it looks good. thanks again, big jim

Ugh. The sweet corn is all almost flat this morning. Big wind and another inch of rain last night. ...almost 3 inches in 3 days, after 4+ inches last week.
    Sad to see it laying out flat on the ground. I couldn't even bring myself to take a picture!
    BigJim55 likes this.
    Owned:
    2018 Deere 1025R

Ventrac 4500
    Case CX37C
    Deere 5075e
    Deere 2038r
    Deere Gator 835M HVAC

13. Top | #10

Last Online
    Today @ 06:04 AM
    Thanks
    Sorry about the garden, Tim, but chances are it will recover. At least that's what I'm trying to convince myself about ours.
    The videos were so entertaining, thanks to your talented daughter! My wife and I enjoyed the whole process but must admit the commentary was what kept us watching. Not to say you aren't a very good operator, that's easy to see. All this rain will help the tree survive, but I wish we could share some with our friends more to the West.

I'd say your daughter is a natural for "field news reporter" on TV if she should choose to do so later on. Heck, she could replace any of those that I watch right now!

tommyhawk
    Levi, BigJim55 and Tractor Tim like this.

14. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast