Jack’s Classic All Purpose Fertilizer is A Superior Alternative to Scotts Miracle-Gro

Thread: Jack’s Classic All Purpose Fertilizer is A Superior Alternative to Scotts Miracle-Gro

1. Top | #1
    Last Online
    11-12-2015 @ 08:51 PM
    Thanks

Jack’s Classic All Purpose Fertilizer is A Superior Alternative to Scotts Miracle-Gro

Interesting information here from this website:JR Peters Jacks Fertilizer comparison to Scotts Miracle-Gro Review Article

I've been using Jack's Professional aka Jack's Classic All Purpose 20-20-20 for many years. You can water virtually all of your garden with this fertilizer! I use it for both outdoor & indoor plants. I've even used it to revive part of my yard that was dying! It can also be used in both soil & soilless mediums. If you are unsure on how much you should use 1/2 of recommended dose is a good start. If your plants start to claw you are feeding them too much. If they start to fade in color you can probably feed them a little more. You can also use this as a foliage spray (use about .25 normal dose). If your plants are turning yellow or fading in color this will brighten them back up again!

It's a shame this is not sold anywhere where I live. But it is available on Amazon. Jacks Prof 77010 General Purpose Fertilizer, 20-20-20 Fertilizer, 25-Pound

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 07:10 PM
    Thanks
    That is an interesting product!!

We are addicted to using Milorganite | Home,,, because we get damaged bags cheap at a surplus shop.

Jacks seems to be a little "powerful"?? Do you have to be careful with it??

The last time I used 10-10-10 on tomatoes, we got all plant, and no fruit,,,, so we backed WAY off of fertilizer for them.

With just compost, we get 6 foot tall tomato plants,,,

I would not mind seeing what it would do to corn,,,

4. Top | #3
    Last Online
    12-24-2016 @ 10:23 PM
    Thanks

Head to the local Agronomy shop/Chem Fertilizer dealer. Wilbur Ellis/Helena/Loveland/CPS etc.

Ask for Water soluble 20-20-20, for use in Drip chemigation.

It's the exact same stuff, just a LOT less expensive.

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4
    Last Online
    11-12-2015 @ 08:51 PM
    Thanks
    It's Highly concentrated so in turn you use more water while mixing and it'll last longer too! They have 4lbs and 10lbs options as well. They're all available on Amazon. Usually a 25lbs bag last me awhile!
    A Zero Turn Mower lover at heart: I'm here to learn as much about John Deere's as possible and share information

7. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements