New Stihl KM130R
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: New Stihl KM130R

1. Top | #1
    Last Online
    Today @ 07:15 AM
    Thanks

New Stihl KM130R

I just picked up a Stihl km130R, with a pole saw, extension, FS head, and a brush cutter kit. All totaled, close to 1K. The whole reason I bought it was to try out the Brush Knife that Brian was talking about, then the purchase grew from there., I really got to stay out of the JD dealership for awhile. So all was great, but they shorted me the nut and thrust washer for attaching the blade. By the time I was done playing with the pole saw and the string trimmer, the JD dealer was closed. That will have to wait til monday. The pole saw works great, I should have got one of those years ago. I'm trying to figure out how to start it without digging the chain in the dirt. Putting it on the pallet forks works, but I don't always have the tractor handy.
    How do the rest of you like the Kombi units?
    4720 66hp Open Station, Power Beyond, 3rd, 4th and 5th Rear SCV, iMatch, 400cx with SSQA, 3rd Loader Function, MX6, BoDozer Grapple
    JD 320D Skid Loader
    Gator 865r...Fully Pimped Out

X748SE 24hp, 647 Tiller, 54" front blade, 47 Snow Blower, 62C deck, JD disk

JD 997 Zero Turn

Farmall B

2 miniature donkeys, 1/8 hp (each)

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Last Online
    07-11-2015 @ 11:27 AM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by arlen View Post
    I just picked up a Stihl km130R, with a pole saw, extension, FS head, and a brush cutter kit. All totaled, close to 1K. The whole reason I bought it was to try out the Brush Knife that Brian was talking about, then the purchase grew from there., I really got to stay out of the JD dealership for awhile. So all was great, but they shorted me the nut and thrust washer for attaching the blade. By the time I was done playing with the pole saw and the string trimmer, the JD dealer was closed. That will have to wait til monday. The pole saw works great, I should have got one of those years ago. I'm trying to figure out how to start it without digging the chain in the dirt. Putting it on the pallet forks works, but I don't always have the tractor handy.
    How do the rest of you like the Kombi units?
    Don't have one yet but it's been on the list for a while now. To top that off I received in the mail today a Implement and Accessories guide from good old JD. I think I need one of everything in the damn thing!
    2012 1026R, 60D Auto-Connect MMM with mechanical lift, H120 FEL, Frontier RC2048 Rotary Cutter and my trusty Stihl FS55 grass and weed pulverizer.

4. Top | #3

Last Online
    03-07-2018 @ 02:10 PM
    Thanks
    I also have the 130R, but I only have the tiller attachment. It always starts right up for me and idles nicely. Some of these small engines don't like idling, but the 130R seems like it will idle forever (or at least as long as I have ever left it set there idling). I think I'm going to pick up the blower attachment for it. I asked around and everyone who has one of the blowers seems to like it. It looks like a darn jet engine.
    Andy B.

1966 110 Lawn Tractor
    2012 2520 - DELIVERED 27APR2012!!!

Tractor that I used to own - 1954 40 Utility
    KB3WPN

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4
    Last Online
    Today @ 11:34 AM
    Thanks
    I have the KM 130R, and for attachments the FS string trimmer and FH scythe. The new 4-mix engines idle really well and have a lot of power, but I did have to get used to the different sound it makes vs a regular 2-stroke. Most amazing thing I found was that once warm the engine starts at idle with 1 or 2 pulls, no throttle needed, and the engine doesn't load up and bog when accelerating from idle after idling for a while like my old 2 strokes sometimes do.

I bought the Kombi after I bought the Stihl extendable 130 pole saw. If I had to do it again, I'd get the pole saw attachment for the KM like you did. It has the same motor, and works just as well.

You should be happy with the 130R.
    Tom

2011 1026R/R4's -- H120 FEL/49" -- 260 BH/12" -- Bro-Tek Ripper -- Artillian Forks/42" -- 244 lbs JD Rear Wheel Weights -- KBOH Hooks and Clevis' --
    Block heater -- 180* T-stat -- Evans HP Waterless Coolant

7. Top | #5
    Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomfive View Post
    I have the KM 130R, and for attachments the FS string trimmer and FH scythe. The new 4-mix engines idle really well and have a lot of power, but I did have to get used to the different sound it makes vs a regular 2-stroke. Most amazing thing I found was that once warm the engine starts at idle with 1 or 2 pulls, no throttle needed, and the engine doesn't load up and bog when accelerating from idle after idling for a while like my old 2 strokes sometimes do.

I bought the Kombi after I bought the Stihl extendable 130 pole saw. If I had to do it again, I'd get the pole saw attachment for the KM like you did. It has the same motor, and works just as well.

You should be happy with the 130R.
    I didn't know about the 4 stroke engine till I bought it. I hope they turn out to be a good thing. I did notice the sound right away.
    Does the scythe work pretty good? I was considering getting one. What is the "killer app" for that attachment?
    4720 66hp Open Station, Power Beyond, 3rd, 4th and 5th Rear SCV, iMatch, 400cx with SSQA, 3rd Loader Function, MX6, BoDozer Grapple
    JD 320D Skid Loader

JD 997 Zero Turn

Farmall B

8. Top | #6
    Last Online
    Today @ 11:34 AM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by arlen View Post
    I didn't know about the 4 stroke engine till I bought it. I hope they turn out to be a good thing. I did notice the sound right away.
    Does the scythe work pretty good? I was considering getting one. What is the "killer app" for that attachment?
    Remember it's not a true 4-stroke, and still requires gas/oil mix. I've had no problems with the new engines, and didn't really notice it until recently when I saw someone trimming with a regular 2-stroke trimmer, there was a cloud of smoke behind him. The 4-mix is supposed to burn cleaner, and it does, never noticed a cloud with the new engines.

I bought the scythe for more precise trimming. The string trimmer keeps wrapping itself around the mesh fencing we put up to keep the deer and rabbits out of our different gardens. It's much slower in use, but I can control the cut better, but I have to be careful, it will cut through the wire fencing very easily. It does cut through thick weeds more easily than a string, and it does not "spray" all those green bits everywhere, so when I'm done, I'm not that green monster. I have poison ivy around the yard, and I was always worried about hitting it by accident with a string trimmer. I'm much less worried with the scythe. In addition, I can use it as a small (really short ) hedge trimmer. But would I buy one again... not sure, I've only used it a few times, and still learning technique to go faster.
    Tom

2011 1026R/R4's -- H120 FEL/49" -- 260 BH/12" -- Bro-Tek Ripper -- Artillian Forks/42" -- 244 lbs JD Rear Wheel Weights -- KBOH Hooks and Clevis' --
    Block heater -- 180* T-stat -- Evans HP Waterless Coolant

9. Top | #7
    Last Online
    09-07-2019 @ 12:52 PM
    Thanks
    I love mine. Have the straight head trimmer, extension, pole saw and just bought the mini tiller but havent used it yet.

I would like to get the blower attachment as well.

Would would have thought they would have made a 4 cycle engine that didnt have crankcase oil and rain on 2 stroke fuel? Really cool idea once you start using it.
    1967 John Deere 110 (round fender) tiller & Model 80 Cart
    2010 John Deere 2305, 200cx loader and 62" MMM, 54" blower, I-Match

10. Top | #8
    glc
    Last Online
    Today @ 09:29 AM
    Thanks
    I didn't know about the 4 stroke engine till I bought it. I hope they turn out to be a good thing.
    When I got my FS90R I wasn't sure what to expect. Well,quiet for sure,and power out the you know what.
    This thing cuts with such unbelieveable power at low rpm,it should be a crime.

Greg
    Greg from western pa

2009 2520
    FEL/61" HD bucket/replaceable cutting edge
    62D2 MMM
    IMatch Quick Hitch
    A "REAL" snow blade ---- JD 380A modded to fit
    Homemade 3PT Receiver
    Homemade Ballast Box
    Woods GB65 Box Blade

2019 JOHN DEERE X390 with 48" ACCEL DEEP DECK

MY 2520 SE SEAT MOD:

https://www.greentractortalk.com/for...d-for-the-2520

MY BALLAST BOX
    https://www.greentractortalk.com/for...llast-box.html

11. Top | #9
    Last Online
    Thanks
    All good feedback. That helps me recover from the trauma of the price:empathy3:
    Thanks for sharing.
    JD 320D Skid Loader

JD 997 Zero Turn

Farmall B

12. Top | #10
    Keeper of the GTT Cookies dieselshadow's Avatar
    Last Online
    Today @ 06:41 AM
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,325 Times in 2,598 Posts

Thumbs up I've never met a Stihl I didn't like

Stihl isn't cheap, but it isn't cheap. You get what you pay for.
    - Jason

GreenTractorTalk.com Rules, Policies, and Terms of Use

Subscribe to dieselshadowman on YouTube

2720 w/ 200CX FEL
    , Ken's weld-on hooks, Fit Rite Hydraulics Top and Tilt kit, Artillian forks.
    1954 60 - getting full restoration, 1964
    110 round fender in the shop for crustoration
    Ferris IS3200Zzero turn mower

Quote Originally Posted by Gizmo2 View Post
    Dieselshadow is my Hero.

13. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast