Gardens: 2016
Page 1 of 37 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 362
Like Tree1703Likes

Thread: Gardens: 2016

  1. Top | #1

    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 11:43 AM
    Location
    Texas Panhandle
    Posts
    931
    Thanks
    64
    Thanked 90 Times in 83 Posts

    Gardens: 2016

    Alright everyone. It's time to start showing off your hard work. I'll get this party started.

    I planted mine two weeks ago. Pretty much everything has come up. Looks to be a decent stand. I decided to do buried drip irrigation this go around with liquid fertilizer. I also burned some brush and tilled the ashes in.

    Plants:

    Tomatoes: cherry, jumbos, heat tolerant.

    Green beans.

    Onions: purple sweet, Texas sweet, 1015y

    Peppers: banana, jalapeo, green bell, habanero

    Sweet cord.

    Pumpkins: jackolantern, giant

    Cucumbers

    Watermelon

    Cantaloupe

    Zucchini

    Yellow squash

    Strawberries

    Herbs

    Carrots

    Click image for larger version.

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1458170587.274471.jpg
Views:	85
Size:	1.13 MB
ID:	147953
    Click image for larger version.

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1458170608.985748.jpg
Views:	78
Size:	1.02 MB
ID:	147961

    What's everyone else got?!?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    3046r Cab, H165 w/61" bucket, Frontier 72"BB, MX6, and Woods TCR68" Tiller.

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to Milharri For This Useful Post:

    danmorea(03-23-2016)

  3. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements
     

  4. Top | #2
    MDrew's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Last Online
    Today @ 02:54 PM
    Location
    S.E. WI
    Posts
    3,974
    Thanks
    281
    Thanked 636 Times in 411 Posts
    Ground is still frozen here.
    Mike

    Sometimes I'm only funny to myself.

    300, 140, 318, 430, 314, 110. Brinly plows, disk, 80 cart, couple of 49 blowers, 3 54 blades, 33 tiller, tilt dump MCS, HPX Gator, CS Gator, Model A. Struck MD 750 w/bucket and hoe.
    Drew's Performance: We screwed the last guy so we can pass the savings on to you.

  5. Top | #3
    96PSD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Last Online
    10-11-2019 @ 10:21 AM
    Location
    East Windsor, NJ
    Posts
    445
    Thanks
    15
    Thanked 60 Times in 43 Posts
    In Jersey I just tilled the ground outside. Inside we are seeding under grow lights in a stand rack the following, 5 varieties of tomato (katana, san marzano, betty, caberent, and ground cherries, and kale, mini peppers and full bell, fennel, leeks (zermatt) and next week more to seed in pods.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails NJ Tilling 1.jpg Tray Rack Stand.jpg seedlings.jpg
    2014- JD 1025r
    L120 59" FEL, 260 BH, 60D MMM
    66"/54" plow with Artillian extension and rubber edge
    Artillian 36" forks
    JD 550 3PT Tiller
    54" spike aerator
    Fimco 3PT 40 gal boom sprayer
    Trac-Vac 580
    CMP 3PT 60" Dethatcher
    51" Lucknow 3PT rear snowblower
    Omni Transformer 3PT weight rack w/ 2" hitch receiver 6-42lbs weights

  6. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements
     

  7. Top | #4
    Senior GTT Super Slacker Gizmo2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Online
    Today @ 03:43 PM
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    34,416
    Thanks
    5,827
    Thanked 3,988 Times in 2,945 Posts
    Got the rototiller on.

    Click image for larger version.

Name:	Backhoe.JPG
Views:	130
Size:	547.5 KB
ID:	148217
    Keith

    JD 2320, 200CX FEL/61" bucket , 46 BH/16" bucket, Artillian Forks, 72" Snow Blade, Landscape Rake, Ballast Box, PHD,
    BX42 Chipper, XUV 560 Gator, Z915B ZTrak

  8. Top | #5
    BigJim55's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Last Online
    Today @ 12:05 PM
    Location
    Schellsburg, PA
    Posts
    11,228
    Thanks
    3,035
    Thanked 1,397 Times in 1,098 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Gizmo2 View Post
    Got the rototiller on.

    Click image for larger version.

Name:	Backhoe.JPG
Views:	130
Size:	547.5 KB
ID:	148217
    u know that certain types of peas like snow-so if u hurry to day and get them in the ground, when the snow comes sunday, they will maybe grow better!!

  9. Top | #6
    Senior GTT Super Slacker Gizmo2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Online
    Today @ 03:43 PM
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    34,416
    Thanks
    5,827
    Thanked 3,988 Times in 2,945 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Jim 55 View Post
    u know that certain types of peas like snow-so if u hurry to day and get them in the ground, when the snow comes sunday, they will maybe grow better!!
    Who are you, again?
    Keith

    JD 2320, 200CX FEL/61" bucket , 46 BH/16" bucket, Artillian Forks, 72" Snow Blade, Landscape Rake, Ballast Box, PHD,
    BX42 Chipper, XUV 560 Gator, Z915B ZTrak

  10. Top | #7
    ErikR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Last Online
    10-11-2019 @ 05:37 PM
    Location
    Northern WI
    Posts
    692
    Thanks
    28
    Thanked 204 Times in 124 Posts

    My garden...

    It maybe time to plan this years plantings, but this is what my garden spot looks like today.

    Click image for larger version.

Name:	DSCF7061.JPG
Views:	71
Size:	1.06 MB
ID:	148225

    The garden was new last year and the 1025r came in handy. I was busy harvesting rock last spring.

    Click image for larger version.

Name:	DSCF0187.JPG
Views:	77
Size:	498.3 KB
ID:	148233

    We have very sandy and rocky soil up here, so I hauled in a couple of truck and trailer loads of nice compost.

    Click image for larger version.

Name:	DSCF0227.JPG
Views:	78
Size:	497.7 KB
ID:	148241Click image for larger version.

Name:	DSCF0244.JPG
Views:	77
Size:	582.9 KB
ID:	148249

    I used a small tiller to mix it in. I'd like to get a 3 point tiller some day and expand the garden.

    Click image for larger version.

Name:	DSCF0218.JPG
Views:	68
Size:	255.2 KB
ID:	148257

    We have lots of wildlife in the woods around the house. I used a run of chicken wire along the bottom to keep out the rabbits, and monofilament fishing line to keep out the deer. It worked well, I never had deer in the garden. They walked the fence line but never entered it...

    Click image for larger version.

Name:	DSCF6052.JPG
Views:	99
Size:	772.3 KB
ID:	148265Click image for larger version.

Name:	DSCF6063.JPG
Views:	107
Size:	781.6 KB
ID:	148273Click image for larger version.

Name:	DSCF6064.JPG
Views:	97
Size:	613.9 KB
ID:	148281

    I made tomato cages out of a roll of concrete reinforcement mesh...

    Click image for larger version.

Name:	DSCF0281.JPG
Views:	78
Size:	505.4 KB
ID:	148289


    Last year we grew tomatoes, green onions, yellow onions, zucchini, sugar snap peas, jalapenos, and tomatillos. I planted green peppers, but they didn't made it. Everything else went wild and exceeded our expectations!

    We can't wait to get started again this year!
    2014 1025R, H120 loader w/53" bucket and Heavy Hitch Tooth Bar, 54" Auto Connect MMM, 47" QH snow blower, Ballast box and loaded rear tires, Speeco Quick Hitch, Ken's Bolt-on Grab Hooks, King Kutter Carry All, 54" front QH blade w/Heavy Hitch skids, Titan 36" pallet forks, Land Pride GS0560 Grading Scraper, and chrome (kitchen drain pipe) exhaust tip!!

    1950 Allis-Chalmers B, Electric start, PTO, Belt Pulley, Hydraulic pump. Stuck engine (a work in progress)

  11. Top | #8
    fdmars's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Last Online
    Today @ 02:33 PM
    Location
    Mid CT
    Posts
    2,073
    Thanks
    164
    Thanked 212 Times in 154 Posts
    Our garden looks just like 96PSD's, as a matter of fact we have the same growing station. The weather has been playing mind games with us. Air and sun warm enough to plant, but time wise too early......and Noreaster headed our way on Sunday. My big addition this year will be an official garden gate vs rolling back wire on a pole. Pics will follow if A) I get it done and B) if it turns out good.
    2009 JD 2305 w/ Femco folding ROPS,Power Beyond Kit, KBOH, 54"MMM, 47" Snowblower, 200CX Loader w/ BB, Powerhorse 12 ton Logsplitter and King Kutter tool carrier and 17P kart
    2009 Cub Cadet/Yanmar ex3200, Land Pride 60 land plane and 60 finish mower, worksaver posthole digger w/ 9 auger, The thumb add on grapple, third function valve and KBOH of course

  12. Top | #9
    BigJim55's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Last Online
    Today @ 12:05 PM
    Location
    Schellsburg, PA
    Posts
    11,228
    Thanks
    3,035
    Thanked 1,397 Times in 1,098 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ErikR View Post
    It maybe time to plan this years plantings, but this is what my garden spot looks like today.

    Click image for larger version.

Name:	DSCF7061.JPG
Views:	71
Size:	1.06 MB
ID:	148225

    The garden was new last year and the 1025r came in handy. I was busy harvesting rock last spring.

    Click image for larger version.

Name:	DSCF0187.JPG
Views:	77
Size:	498.3 KB
ID:	148233

    We have very sandy and rocky soil up here, so I hauled in a couple of truck and trailer loads of nice compost.

    Click image for larger version.

Name:	DSCF0227.JPG
Views:	78
Size:	497.7 KB
ID:	148241Click image for larger version.

Name:	DSCF0244.JPG
Views:	77
Size:	582.9 KB
ID:	148249

    I used a small tiller to mix it in. I'd like to get a 3 point tiller some day and expand the garden.

    Click image for larger version.

Name:	DSCF0218.JPG
Views:	68
Size:	255.2 KB
ID:	148257

    We have lots of wildlife in the woods around the house. I used a run of chicken wire along the bottom to keep out the rabbits, and monofilament fishing line to keep out the deer. It worked well, I never had deer in the garden. They walked the fence line but never entered it...

    Click image for larger version.

Name:	DSCF6052.JPG
Views:	99
Size:	772.3 KB
ID:	148265Click image for larger version.

Name:	DSCF6063.JPG
Views:	107
Size:	781.6 KB
ID:	148273Click image for larger version.

Name:	DSCF6064.JPG
Views:	97
Size:	613.9 KB
ID:	148281

    I made tomato cages out of a roll of concrete reinforcement mesh...

    Click image for larger version.

Name:	DSCF0281.JPG
Views:	78
Size:	505.4 KB
ID:	148289


    Last year we grew tomatoes, green onions, yellow onions, zucchini, sugar snap peas, jalapenos, and tomatillos. I planted green peppers, but they didn't made it. Everything else went wild and exceeded our expectations!

    We can't wait to get started again this year!
    I'm glad u like planting and harvesting a garden. I really like the looks of ur nice side boards on the trailer. got any more pics of the trailer with sideboards.
    grnspot110 and danmorea like this.

  13. Top | #10
    BigJim55's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Last Online
    Today @ 12:05 PM
    Location
    Schellsburg, PA
    Posts
    11,228
    Thanks
    3,035
    Thanked 1,397 Times in 1,098 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Gizmo2 View Post
    Who are you, again?
    I'm the guy that for some thumping reason u convinced me to drop my plow to early and now I jinxed myself. that's who I am!!!

  14. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements
     

Page 1 of 37 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts