Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: New little helper

1. Top | #1
    Last Online
    03-28-2016 @ 01:29 PM
    Thanks

New little helper

My 2320 cannot get to all the grassy areas in my yard, and I plan to help it out with a push mower. I currently own one of those 100 dollar + cheapy ones that are more or less throw aways, and mine is close tho the throwing status.

I plan to buy this mower, do you have any comments about it, would this be a decent buy for a decent price?

Blackmax Mower "Powered by Honda" (160cc) - Sam's Club)

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Last Online
    04-22-2018 @ 02:24 AM
    Thanks
    The reviews on don't seem too good.

This is what I have but a few years older. I think it works great..........just pump the primer 3 times and starts on the first pull every time. I got it on sale for $209. There are only 3 spots that I can't get to with my 62D MMM and it takes me less than 5 minutes with the push mower.

Craftsman 190cc High Wheel Push Mower: High-Wheel Mowers At Sears
    Bob

2011 JD 2320, 200CX FEL, 62D MMM, Artillian Pallet Forks, 54" Front Mount Snowblower, Curtis Hard Side Cab, Ballast Box, HF Quick Hitch, 40 Gallon Fimco 3PTH Sprayer,

4. Top | #3

Last Online
    09-02-2018 @ 09:17 PM
    Thanks
    Wha??? No seat???

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4
    Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by NEWT View Post
    Wha??? No seat???
    Seat on top of an engine with mower blades underneath don't fit under trees and bushes. Wife needs something to push underneath them to make a smooth sailing for me once I fly by her with the 2320!

And it has to be something that starts easy, because she can't pull that strong and I can't take the time to do it for her!
    Last edited by Hudsoner; 04-16-2013 at 01:52 PM.

7. Top | #5
    GTT's Pilot in Command (PIC) farmgirl19's Avatar
    Last Online
    @
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,149 Times in 751 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hudsoner View Post
    My 2320 cannot get to all the grassy areas in my yard, and I plan to help it out with a push mower. I currently own one of those 100 dollar + cheapy ones that are more or less throw aways, and mine is close tho the throwing status.

I plan to buy this mower, do you have any comments about it, would this be a decent buy for a decent price?

I have one, and HATE it. The discharge chute doesn't stay on, and within the first couple of uses, had come off under the mower blades, so really doesn't want to stay on now. It also has plastic "rims" and it doesn't take mant turns around things to have them breaking. I was thinking maybe it was just me, but did a search online, and everyone says engine is Honda, but the rest is garbage, and the wheels are a common problem with everyone. When (if) I buy a replacement wheel for mine, I'll be sure and buy 2, given the ratings.

So, is easy to start, but the rest of the unit is very cheap. Mine came from Sam's and was just put into service last summer. Had to replace a carriage bolt within the first few usages, as it vibrated out, and handlerail separated on the left side. Right side doesn't seem to have the issue, due to the 180 degree orientation of how it backs out. I have to tighten the carriage bolt on the left side, every so often during each use, if I am really making turns around obstacles.

If I were going to spend that much money, I'd be looking at something different. Hindsight: 20/20, etc. Maybe you will be one of the lucky few.
    If man had enough horse sense to treat his wife like a Thoroughbred, she'd never grow into an old nag.

If you climb in the saddle, be ready for the ride!

Happiness is contagious; Be a carrier!

8. Top | #6
    Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by farmgirl19 View Post
    I have one, and HATE it. The discharge chute doesn't stay on, and within the first couple of uses, had come off under the mower blades, so really doesn't want to stay on now. It also has plastic "rims" and it doesn't take mant turns around things to have them breaking. I was thinking maybe it was just me, but did a search online, and everyone says engine is Honda, but the rest is garbage, and the wheels are a common problem with everyone. When (if) I buy a replacement wheel for mine, I'll be sure and buy 2, given the ratings.

So, is easy to start, but the rest of the unit is very cheap. Mine came from Sam's and was just put into service last summer. Had to replace a carriage bolt within the first few usages, as it vibrated out, and handlerail separated on the left side. Right side doesn't seem to have the issue, due to the 180 degree orientation of how it backs out. I have to tighten the carriage bolt on the left side, every so often during each use, if I am really making turns around obstacles.

If I were going to spend that much money, I'd be looking at something different. Hindsight: 20/20, etc. Maybe you will be one of the lucky few.
    These are the opinions I like to hear, cause I can carry my money to any given place. I was just exited about this one because of the Honda engine, but the engine alone can't mow my grass!
    I have a few weeks until I have to mow (if it continues like this, I might never mow this year, we are supposed to get more snow tomorrow, Thursday and Friday!).

Consumer Report gives these guys a good rating, are there any opinions about those out there?

Craftsman 37432
    Ariens Razor 911173
    Yard Machines 11A-B96N
    Cub Cadet SC100 11A-A92J

9. Top | #7
    Last Online
    Today @ 06:03 AM
    Thanks
    John Deere dealers now carry Honda push mowers per an agreement JD and Honda made last year.
    Without ice cream, there will be darkness and chaos!
    Olympian Don Kardong

1965 110s, 1966 110, 1967 112, 2001 LT150, 2003 GT245, 2004 GX345, 2006 X320

10. Top | #8
    Last Online
    03-28-2014 @ 01:31 PM
    Thanks
    I had a Craftsman powered my Honda a few years ago. It was a great mower but a little under powered when I came to mowing my thick grass. I now have Deere push mower that's more powerful and works great. Good luck with your purchase.

11. Top | #9

Last Online
    10-15-2019 @ 02:33 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Hudsoner View Post

One of my old customers owns a towing business & a repair shop. One day I saw his Honda mower sitting in his shop. I asked him what's wrong with it. My question unleashed a lot of colorful descriptive adjatives, followed by a long silent stare at the mower & another outburst, this time in Spanish. I then asked well I guess it's pretty new. He said yeah, a year old & the F******thing is falling apart. Last time I saw it it was laying on top of a pile of wrecked car parts. Kind of looked out of place & lonely on top of that junk pile.

12. Top | #10
    Last Online
    Today @ 09:52 AM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,660 Times in 1,090 Posts
    We bought a Husqvarna self propelled push mower about 5 years ago. That little thing has been great! Best pushmower I've ever used, would buy another one no question. Starts easily, runs well, plenty of power. My only complaint is the deflector chute. I don't use the bagger than came with it, but the chute seemed to stay clogged with grass. Maybe I just goofed up on the installation, but I wound up taking it off. There's a plastic door that covers the side discharge in case you want to use the bag, I hold that door open with a bungee cord. Works great!
    -Blake

Your mileage may vary.

JD 6410
    Some other stuff

YouTube- Life in Wyoming

13. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast