Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Level bucket indicator

1. Top | #1

Last Online
    12-14-2015 @ 10:50 PM
    Thanks

Level bucket indicator

Hey guys I have a new 4120 with the 400x loader and hd bucket. Is it normal for the angle bracket on the loader arm to move and smash into the loader arms. Mine has already gouged the paint off after 10hrs of run time. The pin that goes threw the loader are is as tight as you can get it but the pin still spins in the loader causing the bracket to move. I can take my hand and rock the brack back and forth.

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2

Last Online
    Today @ 09:56 AM
    Thanks
    Can you post some pics of the bracket that's causing your problems? Your title here is "Level Bucket Indicator" but then you mention a problem with an angle bracket....

Off hand, I'd say "No", there are no "Normal" parts that scrape and peel paint off of your loader arms during normal operation.
    D160 Mower/Bagger.
    2014 2032R tractor/H130 FEL w/Bolt-On Hooks/54" Snow Plow/iMatch Quick-Hitch/County Line 5' Scraper blade/County Line Carry-All/Artillian 42" Forks & QH Adapter/JD Ballast Box/Frontier SB1164 3PH Blower/Leinbach PHD/Wallenstien BX42 Chipper

4. Top | #3

Last Online
    Thanks
    Well the angle bracket is mounted on the loader arm and the rod rides threw the bracket. I'll take a few pictures when I get back to the tractor

Quote Originally Posted by JimR View Post
    Can you post some pics of the bracket that's causing your problems? Your title here is "Level Bucket Indicator" but then you mention a problem with an angle bracket....

Off hand, I'd say "No", there are no "Normal" parts that scrape and peel paint off of your loader arms during normal operation.

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4
    Last Online
    Today @ 10:29 AM
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,026 Times in 2,508 Posts
    No that does not sound normal at all. At 10 hours get the dealer involved, or try a washer or two on the stud under the bracket.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	400.jpg 
Views:	124 
Size:	39.9 KB 
ID:	32970
    Kenny

-John Deere 3720 Deluxe Cab TLB
    FEL, MMM, Artillian 42" Forks and Modular Grapple, I-Match, Ballast Box, and lots of other STUFF.
    -John Deere 455 w/60" MMM

Bolt on Grab Hooks and other cool stuff are now for sale!!

Visit our YouTube Channel

My Equipment:
    John Deere 3720 Deluxe Cab, 300cx FEL, 366 Front Blade, 59" Front Snowblower, Ballast Box
    Artillian 3K Forks, Grapple, Front-Hoe Bucket
    John Deere 455, 60" MMM

7. Top | #5

Last Online
    Thanks
    It's part number one that's moving and hitting the loader. I don't think a washer will help as the bracket doesn't move on the pin. The pin is actually moving in the loader arms. And I think that's where the problem is. I've called the dealer and they said its normal.

Quote Originally Posted by Kennyd View Post
    No that does not sound normal at all. At 10 hours get the dealer involved, or try a washer or two on the stud under the bracket.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	400.jpg 
Views:	124 
Size:	39.9 KB 
ID:	32970

8. Top | #6

Last Online
    @
    Thanks
    Can you post actual pictures of your machine to show how it's hitting? I'm not following the description to understand what's actually going on.

It certainly isn't normal to be "gouging" the paint.
    ---

2011 JD 2520 with 200cx loader, 61" materials bucket, and Artillian JDQA Pallet Forks (42" forks). 62D MMM, ballast box, turfs, and loaded rears.

9. Top | #7

Last Online
    07-14-2019 @ 12:09 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by meburdick View Post
    Can you post actual pictures of your machine to show how it's hitting? I'm not following the description to understand what's actually going on.

My 3033R is rubbing in the same spot. I will try to get a pic of mine.

10. Top | #8
    Last Online
    Today @ 10:29 AM
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,026 Times in 2,508 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Yotaman16 View Post
    It's part number one that's moving and hitting the loader. I don't think a washer will help as the bracket doesn't move on the pin. The pin is actually moving in the loader arms. And I think that's where the problem is. I've called the dealer and they said its normal.
    I think the bracket should pivot on the pin, try loosening the nut some maybe. Make sure your dealer clearly understands that gouging the paint off is neither normal or acceptable.
    Kenny

-John Deere 3720 Deluxe Cab TLB
    FEL, MMM, Artillian 42" Forks and Modular Grapple, I-Match, Ballast Box, and lots of other STUFF.
    -John Deere 455 w/60" MMM

Bolt on Grab Hooks and other cool stuff are now for sale!!

Visit our YouTube Channel

My Equipment:
    John Deere 3720 Deluxe Cab, 300cx FEL, 366 Front Blade, 59" Front Snowblower, Ballast Box
    Artillian 3K Forks, Grapple, Front-Hoe Bucket
    John Deere 455, 60" MMM

11. Top | #9
    Last Online
    09-11-2019 @ 07:36 AM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Yotaman16 View Post
    Hey guys I have a new 4120 with the 400x loader and hd bucket. Is it normal for the angle bracket on the loader arm to move and smash into the loader arms. Mine has already gouged the paint off after 10hrs of run time. The pin that goes threw the loader are is as tight as you can get it but the pin still spins in the loader causing the bracket to move. I can take my hand and rock the brack back and forth.
    That was the same way on my loader. The bracket is pinched between the end of the pin and the nut but the pin can rotate about 120* before the cam on the end of the pin stops rotating so the *&%$ bracket digs into to top of the arm.
    I just took the contraption off and learned to use the top of the bucket as an indicator, which now seems more useful.
    More often than not, the tractor is not sitting at the same plane as you want the bottom of the bucket and that indicator is worthless in those times
    just my 2 c
    3520, Sicma 74 tiller, 12Kw PTO gen, 72"auto connect deck, 300cx FEL, 61"HD w/JD toothbar & 6ft snow pusher, JD Ballast box w/Extension, Land Pride FDR-2584 finish mower,

12. Top | #10

Last Online
    Thanks
    Here's some picturea

Quote Originally Posted by meburdick View Post

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails image.jpg   image.jpg  

13. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast