Green Tractor Talk banner

Noob needs some hydraulic help!

3K views 7 replies 3 participants last post by  Kennyd 
#1 · (Edited)
Hi All,

I am new to the forum but a long time John Deere fan and former owner of a 2007 2320.

I am waiting to take delivery of a 2018 3046R with deluxè cab. My dealer is having trouble getting the hydraulics the way I want them. They have installed the diverter kit so I can use top and tilt which I ordered. Tractor came from factory with 3rd EHSCV. I also ordered backhoe, so I need and ordered the power beyond kit. Currently just the diverter kit with dual rear connections and 3rd EHSCV are plumbed and installed.

I found the chart that lists kits to order to get everything I think I need. But it was compiled 5 years ago for the 3x20 series. Do you know of the kits are still the same for cab tractors?

First question where do they plumb in for power beyond? (It is not yet installed) They seem to be scratching their heads.

Next question how do I get hydraulics from the third SCV to the loader boom for a 4 in 1 bucket? Is there another diverter valve from Deere?
I also saw on the order form somewhere that there is a 3rd function hose / line kit for the loader boom? Does it have a quick disconnect that allows lines to be disconnected when loader is removed? My dealer dropped the ball on this. They insisted that it would be installed at factory with the loader since the third SCV was ordered/installed.

Lastly I plan to mow with backhoe and loader installed. I’m going to have to disconnect 3rd function hose and connect mower lift, aren’t I? I guess I could connect it to one side of diverted hydraulics at rear?

Thanks in advance for your help!

See less See more
#2 ·
Here was my answers to Jet Dr's PM eariler:

I hear you are the guy with the answer.
Sometimes LOL-maybe not the correct ones though :)

I am waiting to take delivery of a 2018 3046R with deluxè cab. My dealer is having trouble getting the hydraulics the way I want them. They have installed the diverter kit so I can use top and tilt which I ordered. Tractor came from factory with 3rd EHSCV. I also ordered backhoe, so I need and ordered the power beyond kit
Congrats, nice setup!

I found the chart that lists kits to order to get everything I think I need. But it was compiled 5 years ago for the 3x20 series. Do you know of the kits are still the same for cab tractors?
I do not believe everything is exactly the same with the new series, and I've seen nothing published for the 3R's, only the 4R's.

First question where do they plumb in for power beyond? (It is not yet installed) They seem to be scratching their heads
On the 3x20's a hardline was replaced at the rear of the tractor to tap into the flow. I could look into JDParts, ( or you can, it's free) but we can't attach pics in PM's (another reason to post in the open forums). Did you see the post's from user goodworkstractors? He just got a 3R with every hydraulic option offered. HERE is the thread: http://www.greentractortalk.com/forums/hydraulics/165898-john-deere-3046r-lot-junk-trunk.html

Next question how do I get hydraulics from the third SCV to the loader boom for a 4 in 1 bucket?
There is a kit to do just that, or I have been selling one. The JD kit is part number BW16138 or BW18139. It's a set of hardlines and hoses to extend the rear couplers to the midsection, then up the loader. Google the first part number and you'll see pics.

Is there another diverter valve from Deere?
No.

I also saw on the order form somewhere that there is a 3rd function hose / line kit for the loader boom?
Probably the BW16138 I mentioned above.

Does it have a quick disconnect to alllow lines to be disconnected when loader is removed?
Yes. Google for the pics/drawing of it.

Lastly I plan to mow with backhoe and loader installed.
What? Why? IMHO that is just crazy. Lack of maneuverability and all that extra wight is a HUGE drawback. Both come of soooo easily! This is why your buying a JD!

I’m going to have to disconnect 3rd function hose and connect mower lift, aren’t I?
Yes.

I guess I could connect it to one side of diverted hydraulics at rear?
Yes.

Thanks in advance for your help!
Your welcome Jeff, but again I suggest you ask all this in the open forums too, many can learn that way-that's what these forums are all about right?

Reactions: BigJim55 and Jeff B
#3 ·
Jet Dr,
You mentioned a dolly for you backhoe in the second PM, here is some pics of the one I built for my 375, never did get the final pic take but you get the idea.. The hoe lowers right onto it so it stays as compact as possible.

Attachments

#7 ·
Mine is a little different,.....

Ken,

Just looking at this again. I have a 375A backhoe and the mount looks completely different. Do you think it will work with the newer setup. Can you PM me or reply with dimensions?

Thanks

Jeff

#4 ·
Thanks Ken,

Are you sure this will work with the new 320R loader? The 320R replaced the H165. And If I’m not mistaken the H165 replaced the 300CX.

My dealer still seems to be struggling and I’m getting pretty irritated ?. I’m spending a large sum of money with them and it is like they don’t care.

Thanks,

Jeff

Reactions: BigJim55
#5 ·
Thanks Ken,

Are you sure this will work with the new 320R loader? The 320R replaced the H165. And If I’m not mistaken the H165 replaced the 300CX.

My dealer still seems to be struggling and I’m getting pretty irritated ��. I’m spending a large sum of money with them and it is like they don’t care.

Thanks,

Jeff
320R is basically a H165 with a new decals exact same Loader

Unfortunately The compacts are small Potatoes especially if there a AG Deere dealer at least In mind set. Keep In Mind a lot of Row ROW crop tractors today are $200,000 plus.

But I bet the shop is struggling with your set Up. Because they May have never done Your set Up Before.

I know My 1 series is nothing compared to your 3 series.

But the shop had issues Because I had the Independent Hydraulic Lift put on it with a Power Beyond Kit . The Power beyond Kit was already On the Machine Because it Came as a Factory TLB well some of the fitting and hoses for the Power Beyond Have to be replaced if Your Getting the Independent Hydraulic lift kit for the mowing deck. So it took the shop a bit Longer to perform the set up because they had never done it before. Took a month to get My tractor Last year. They had the 1025RTLB in stock But Other Kits such as the LED Light kit were Back ordered. Back ordered Parts Can Lead to Problems as well which even Happens at the Deere factories for Factory Ordered configurations.

But it always seems like it takes forever when Your waiting On them. Because they are slower than the Car dealers/companies Because everything is not kept In stock on the dealers site or warehouse.

I'm sure Once they Talk with Mother Deere's engineering department they will get your Tractor together.:bigthumb:

#6 · (Edited)
Thanks sir!

And thank you for your service.

I’m frustrated because my tractor was ordered and arrived at the dealer on April 28th it then sat there for two weeks along with all of the parts that were ordered with the tractor. (Opposite of your situation where you were waiting on all of the options you wanted; all mine were there waiting on the tractor)

My salesperson told me that the third function plumbing on the loader would be installed at the factory since I ordered the factory installed loader and third SCV. This was not the case and B.S. on the part of the salesperson.

Yes, this dealer has not come across this set up very often. Also this dealer deals in this family of tractor regularly. They cater to the small land owner, landscaper and light construction companies. They are not in an area of large farm owners.

Sadly they are more of a Kubota dealer than a JD dealer., But they are the closest Deere dealer. They have given me a good deal financially, butI seem to be paying for it up front. Some of it is just the way the machine was equipped / ordered, the rest is the lack of knowledge on the part of the sales and service staff.

Thanks for your input!

Jeff

#8 ·
Jeff,
Sorry but I don't have any dimensions to offer you and don't know if it would work with the "A" model, I just made it to fit with the hoe mounted on the tractor I just cut the pieces to fit and tacked as I went.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.