Green Tractor Talk banner

1025R to a new 3039r Cab!

8K views 20 replies 16 participants last post by  ddinham 
#1 ·
New to the LCUT, coming from a 1025r, I want to install spacers and ballasts. I presume 2.5" is going to be the max with the MMM 72".

Land vehicle Vehicle Tractor Motor vehicle Mode of transport

See less See more
#3 ·
That's more than an upgrade, that's a giant leap for man kind :bigthumb: well, for you anyway, big frigging congrats :bigbeer: :thumbup1gif:

#5 ·
You will never regret having a cab. I also went from a 1025R to a cab model, but in my case it was a 4066R. I was looking for a 3 series, but this one became available on the same day I was going to look at 3 series.

Dave

#18 ·
#1 Reason was the Cab. The other reasons were icing on the cake. The 1025r was a great mower but under-powered for other uses IMO. The other problem was the seat suspension kept breaking at the weld point. I consider it a flaw in the design but the cost to replace that simple piece of metal was way too much.

#7 ·
:bigthumb::yahoo:nice-nice i say. darn isn't A/C-heat, and a wiper so nice-huh. have fun-ok.:greentractorride:

#10 ·
Wow :congrats:

No disrespect to us 1025 owners, but that's like going from a double-wide to a mansion. :thumbup1gif:

#11 ·
Very nice upgrade. Enjoy it

#12 ·
Congrats on your up grade. I also went from a 1025R to a 3 series and now going to a 4.

#14 · (Edited)
Congrats to the original poster on the new machine! I have a 3046R and love it. Two things to note about the MMM. I think it cuts just as well as my D170 which I "moved up" from.
First thing is this machine probably weighs around 5750+ lbs if the rear tires are loaded. (I think I'm at around 7000 lbs with my backhoe installed) I can only mow if it is relatively dry, otherwise I will sink in this S.C. sandy soil. Next thing I note is if your ground is not completely level you will ride hard on the gauge wheels when traversing the unevenness. I know that is what they are there for, but this is excessive. I feel it is related to the machine's size (tends to sway a bit more over bumps) and width of the mower (72").

Just my $.02.

Otherwise, it is a great tractor. You will love it! :yahoo::good2:

Jeff

Reactions: ColonyPark
#15 ·
I have a 2014 3046R open station machine with a 72D drive-over mid-mount-mower installed with rear tire pressure at 15 psi.

Regarding spacers with a 72D MMM installed:
2.5 inch spacer will not interfere with MMM right rear scallop bracket with any rear tire pressure and MMM in any position
3.0 inch spacers will not interfere scallop brackets with 15 psi rear pressure or higher and MMM in any position
3.5 inch spacers will occasionally bump the right rear scallop bracket with 15 psi or less when MMM in the up position or when cutting higher.

Because you have a slightly heavier machine with the cab, your tire pressure interfering the the MMM bracket may be 16 or 17 psi.

I would recommend going with the 3.0 inch spacers to get the best of all worlds (most stability, low tire pressure, and not hitting the scallop bracket).

#17 · (Edited)
Mine was due to environmental conditions. (and we moved to a larger property 3.5 acres to mow). When we bought the house the previous owner left behind a 3.5 year old Deere D170 lawn tractor. Very nice machine. However, down here in S.E. South Carolina the soil is very sandy and average summer temps are in the low to mid 90's. So I was tired of coming in from mowing grass literally covered from head to toe in dust and sweat (Basically sweaty mud). So the 'Finance Committee' approved the acquisition of the 2018 3046R with cab. :yahoo: Plus we have a 400 foot gravel driveway to maintain and you can always find use for a loader.

The 3R series is the smallest tractor Deere sells that you can get a factory cab with A/C. The 1R series is a very capable machine based on what I see Tim Marks (Tractor Time with Tim on Youtube) do with his. If Deere decided to offer the cab on those with A/C, they would sell thousands of them. I probably would have bought one of those instead of the 3R. (Kubota offers a cab on their 2650 series; about the same as a 1025R, but I don't like orange paint :hide2:) Don't get me wrong I love the machine. (I think it is so cool that it is an intercooled turbo diesel:lovetongue:) But If I could have A/C for 15K less,..... well,....

Jeff

#21 ·
The cab was the reason, for sure. I also increased my property, so that was a secondary reason. I was looking for a cab 3 series, but a 4066R popped up at the same time for nearly the same money, so I went that route. Soon be 4 years.

Dave

Reactions: JimL243
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.