• 1 Post By pcabe5
  • 1 Post By AlKozak

Thread: 4066M Cab Help

1. Top | #1

Last Online
    08-07-2019 @ 11:04 AM
    Thanks

4066M Cab Help

I have a 4006M that I'm thinking about getting a cab to use in winter conditions. Curtis Cab has theirs on clearance for $1500. That's for metal and glass all around. Regular price $4000+. The web site says it is for the "R" series but the pictures show it on a 4052M. The response to my inquiry advised that, yes, it will work on the "M" series but you can't use it with the loader. I started comparing the look of the R vs the M. The loader is the D170 instead of the H180 but they appear in the same place when mounted. The bucket control IS an issue but I'm guessing that could be relocated without breaking the bank considering the clearance price. I'm thinking any other minor modifications could be made and still be ahead of the game. I can't find ANY other information on the web or other forums or pictures of the Curtis Cab on a tractor of this series. Any information would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Official "Groovie" Dude
    Last Online
    @
    Thanks
    Sounds like a heck of a good deal.. Hope you can make the loader scv difference work.
    JD4044M likes this.

4. Top | #3
    Last Online
    Today @ 05:06 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,944 Times in 2,463 Posts
    Welcome (from Westminster) to GTT,
    I suspect your in uncharted territory here, but at $1500 I'd say it's worth the risk especially if you have some fabrication tools to make minor changes if needed.
    Kenny

-John Deere 3720 Deluxe Cab TLB
    FEL, MMM, Artillian 42" Forks and Modular Grapple, I-Match, Ballast Box, Trac-Vac 854 (for sale) and lots of other STUFF.
    -John Deere 455 w/60" MMM

Bolt on Grab Hooks and other cool stuff are now for sale!!

Visit our YouTube Channel

My Equipment:
    John Deere 3720 Deluxe Cab, 300cx FEL, 366 Front Blade, 59" Front Snowblower, Ballast Box
    Artillian 3K Forks, Grapple, Front-Hoe Bucket
    John Deere 455, 60" MMM

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4
    Last Online
    06-03-2019 @ 07:21 PM
    Thanks
    The issue with the loader is the control. If I see correctly in the pictures of the R series tractor and H180, the joystick is part of the tractor. On the D190 it is mounted to the loader mast. The cab needs a completely different panel for the lower right. On my 3038E it is replaced by a vinyl/fabric curtain that velcro's to the steel on the tractor.

Al
    JD4044M likes this.

7. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements