Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree24Likes

Thread: 4066R rear hydraulics

1. Top | #1

Last Online
    Today @ 04:33 AM
    Thanks

4066R rear hydraulics

Looking at ordering a 4066R and was wondering how the 4th&5th service works on the non electric diverted valves with two separate handles. Are they smooth moving/running? I have my electric diverter switch currently on my 3 series and it works off the joy stick. I use the rears for my snowblower chute rotation and deflector.

Thank you

John Deere 3033R

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Last Online
    Today @ 08:17 AM
    Thanks
    I have the 4th and 5th SCV's and they work just fine using the standard levers on the side console. I use them all the time.

Dave
    OxPath, johncanfield and Spectre like this.
    JD 4066R CAB
    JD H180 FEL with SSQA brackets, JD iMatch, JD Ballast Box & ext, JD pull behind seed spreader
    Frontier RB2196H 8 ft rear blade/hyd angle, Frontier BB1065 Box Blade, Befco 3pt 110 inch RFM
    48" pallet forks, KK 3pt Boom Pole, Northern Tool 3pt middle buster, 2 bottom Dearborn plow
    County Line post hole digger, Rhino 3pt 10ft brush hog, Land Pride 8ft rock rake
    Fit Rite Hydraulics 3pt Top Link, front 3pt adapter for SSQA, 7 1/2 ft Field Roller, 8ft Dearborn tandem disk

4. Top | #3

Last Online
    Thanks
    Is the center the neutral position and forward/ back movement of the hydraulic function ? Also, if you can answer this, is the electric diverter option additional valves? Or just another way of controlling the rear valves.

Thank you

John Deere 3033R

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4
    Last Online
    Thanks
    I can't answer about the electric diverter. The 4th and 5th have a center position that it reverts to unless you push it all the way forward into the float position and that only works on one of them. When you refer to electric diverter, I suspect you are referring to the 3rd SCV and there are several things that can do with that, but I am not that familiar with them.

Dave
    JD 4066R CAB
    JD H180 FEL with SSQA brackets, JD iMatch, JD Ballast Box & ext, JD pull behind seed spreader
    Frontier RB2196H 8 ft rear blade/hyd angle, Frontier BB1065 Box Blade, Befco 3pt 110 inch RFM
    48" pallet forks, KK 3pt Boom Pole, Northern Tool 3pt middle buster, 2 bottom Dearborn plow
    County Line post hole digger, Rhino 3pt 10ft brush hog, Land Pride 8ft rock rake
    Fit Rite Hydraulics 3pt Top Link, front 3pt adapter for SSQA, 7 1/2 ft Field Roller, 8ft Dearborn tandem disk

7. Top | #5

Last Online
    Thanks
    Dave,

So, when the lever reverts back to neutral, does the position you put the hydraulics in maintain the position or does it bounce back to whatever neutral is? Also, if it stays and you want to further the hydraulic action does it start when you reach the old original position or does it start when you leave neutral?

Thank you

Kevin

John Deere 3033R

8. Top | #6
    Last Online
    12-08-2019 @ 06:45 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by kevinl View Post
    Is the center the neutral position and forward/ back movement of the hydraulic function ? Also, if you can answer this, is the electric diverter option additional valves? Or just another way of controlling the rear valves.

Thank you

John Deere 3033R
    The electric diverter "diverts" your loader joystick hydraulics to two outlets at the rear of the tractor. (Mine are just below the cab window on the right). When active, this enables your loader joystick to control the hydraulic flow to those outlets; typically to run a hydraulic top link or a tilt cylinder for the 3 point. Currently I have my independent lift for the mower deck on one of the ports, but they can be used for anything hydraulic. I've heard of folks running hoses back to the front of the tractor to operate the chute controls on a snow blower. There is a rocker switch in the side console that powers the valve. You divert both functions of the joystick when the valve active. (Dual valves powered simultaneously). It is all or nothing, you cant just divert one function.

I'm pretty sure that Deere came out with the diverter to allow cabbed tractors a means to get a 4th and 5th hydraulic outlet at the rear, since the normal 4th and 5th dedicated valves mount to the O.O.S. R.O.P.S.

Jeff
    Superglidesport likes this.
    2018 3046R - Deluxe Cab, air ride seat, R4 tires, 3rd ESCV, diverter valve with 4th and 5th SCV's, mid PTO, 72D autoconnect MMM with independent lift, power beyond, 375A backhoe, 320R loader with 3rd function lines, L&R external mirrors, Frontier 60" 4 in 1 bucket and factory stereo with dedicated Sirius tuner.

9. Top | #7
    Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by kevinl View Post
    Dave,

So, when the lever reverts back to neutral, does the position you put the hydraulics in maintain the position or does it bounce back to whatever neutral is? Also, if it stays and you want to further the hydraulic action does it start when you reach the old original position or does it start when you leave neutral?

Thank you

Kevin

John Deere 3033R
    They do not move unless you move the lever.

Dave

Sent from my Samsung Note using Tapatalk
    JD 4066R CAB

10. Top | #8
    Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet Dr. View Post
    The electric diverter "diverts" your loader joystick hydraulics to two outlets at the rear of the tractor. (Mine are just below the cab window on the right). When active, this enables your loader joystick to control the hydraulic flow to those outlets; typically to run a hydraulic top link or a tilt cylinder for the 3 point. Currently I have my independent lift for the mower deck on one of the ports, but they can be used for anything hydraulic. I've heard of folks running hoses back to the front of the tractor to operate the chute controls on a snow blower. There is a rocker switch in the side console that powers the valve. You divert both functions of the joystick when the valve active. (Dual valves powered simultaneously). It is all or nothing, you cant just divert one function.

I'm pretty sure that Deere came out with the diverter to allow cabbed tractors a means to get a 4th and 5th hydraulic outlet at the rear, since the normal 4th and 5th dedicated valves mount to the O.O.S. R.O.P.S.

Jeff
    The operation is no different on a cab tractor.

Dave

JD 4066R CAB

11. Top | #9
    Last Online
    12-08-2019 @ 06:45 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ddinham View Post
    The operation is no different on a cab tractor.

Dave

Dave,

I guess I could have been more clear. The dedicated 4th and 5th SCV's are not available on a cabbed tractor. Hence my presumption as to why Deere came out with the diverter.

Jeff
    2018 3046R - Deluxe Cab, air ride seat, R4 tires, 3rd ESCV, diverter valve with 4th and 5th SCV's, mid PTO, 72D autoconnect MMM with independent lift, power beyond, 375A backhoe, 320R loader with 3rd function lines, L&R external mirrors, Frontier 60" 4 in 1 bucket and factory stereo with dedicated Sirius tuner.

12. Top | #10

Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet Dr. View Post
    Dave,

I guess I could have been more clear. The dedicated 4th and 5th SCV's are not available on a cabbed tractor. Hence my presumption as to why Deere came out with the diverter.

Jeff
    From what I am seeing, the 4th&5th service is dedicated and there is also an electric diverter available. Is it one or the other or can it be so you have 4th&5th direct from the console levers and nothing to do with joystick; and a set of valves diverted from the loader to the rear so I guess that would be 6&7? It would be nice to get both. I currently have the diverter on my 3 series to run my inverted snow blower controls. It works, but always switching back and forth to use the snow box.

John Deere 3033R
    JKR likes this.

13. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast