Noise from 4th & 5th

Thread: Noise from 4th & 5th

1. Top | #1

Last Online
    06-17-2019 @ 03:09 PM
    Thanks

Noise from 4th & 5th

Just wondering if this is normal or if there is something wrong with my hydraulics, I have a 2018 4044R OOS with H180 MSL, mid 3rd function for future grapple, and the 4th and 5th SCVs. I have not used any of my additional hydraulics yet but there is a constant whine that seems to come from the 4th and 5th behind my head on the passenger side ROPS. When I'm using the loader, whenever I stop loader movement or take it in or out of float I often notice snaps/clicks coming from the same place. Is this normal? I thought the 4th and 5th were independent from the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd.

On another note, one other thing that has bothered me about this tractor is how easily it bogs and stalls. Before I got it, I was used to running my dads 955 which IMO is a fantastic machine. No matter what you do with the machine it never bogs or stalls, if it doesnt go it'll spin. On the other hand, with the 4044 I often stall it out trying to plow snow across my frozen yard where it should effortlessly spin out but it doesn't. I once tried driving across my field with too much snow to drive with the F150, probably a foot or a bit more, no matter what i did it would constantly bog and try to stall, any other tractor I've driven no matter what the size will just spin till it gets to China but not the 4044R. Insights?

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 09:21 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,185 Times in 2,615 Posts
    The 4th and 5th are independent, but the fluid still flows through them at all times. The noise should not be normal, make sure all the hardware is is place that clamps the lines to ensure none are vibrating. Also, if under warranty, make sure to let your dealer know.

Stalling is not normal either, have you tried to use the Motion Match/Load Match features?
    Kenny

-John Deere 3720 Deluxe Cab TLB
    FEL, MMM, Artillian 42" Forks and Modular Grapple, I-Match, Ballast Box, and lots of other STUFF.
    -John Deere 455 w/60" MMM

Bolt on Grab Hooks and other cool stuff are now for sale!!

Visit our YouTube Channel

My Equipment:
    John Deere 3720 Deluxe Cab, 300cx FEL, 366 Front Blade, 59" Front Snowblower, Ballast Box
    Artillian 3K Forks, Grapple, Front-Hoe Bucket
    John Deere 455, 60" MMM

4. Top | #3

Last Online
    06-17-2019 @ 03:09 PM
    Thanks
    Thanks I'll let them know for sure, I'm going in tomorrow to pick up oil and filters to do its first oil change. I haven't tried using load match but upon reading about it, that should help the problem, wasn't really sure what all the buttons on the tractor do yet. still seems like an odd feature, why would anyone bother to have loadmatch off at all?

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4
    Last Online
    11-16-2019 @ 08:14 PM
    Thanks
    I hear the same whining sound on my 5085M. The service manager listened to it and said it is normal (they’ve always been very honest and I have no reason to doubt them). I don’t have the clicking noise though.

7. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements