How to recover 4310 with loader?
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree22Likes

Thread: How to recover 4310 with loader?

1. Top | #1

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 09:59 PM
    Thanks

How to recover 4310 with loader?

I just won an auction, John Deere 4310 with loader. However, the engine does not run (it might run but it has been sit for awhile). What is the best way to pull the tractor to a trailer?

Since the tractor has to be pulled to a trailer, how I lift up the loader from the ground level for me to pull the tractor from the back to the trailer? Loading and unloading the tractor is my concern. If it did not have the loader, it would be a lot easier.

Greatly appreciate any suggests to recover this tractor.

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 08:08 PM
    Thanks

Grounded loader

Quote Originally Posted by badrobot View Post
    I just won an auction, John Deere 4310 with loader. However, the engine does not run (it might run but it has been sit for awhile). What is the best way to pull the tractor to a trailer?

Since the tractor has to be pulled to a trailer, how I lift up the loader from the ground level for me to pull the tractor from the back to the trailer? Loading and unloading the tractor is my concern. If it did not have the loader, it would be a lot easier.

Greatly appreciate any suggests to recover this tractor.
    You can jack the loader but will need to put it in float position or you will just pick up the tractor. I would probably jack to the bottom of the loader bucket just enough so I could move the tractor. If you are lucky, the hydraulics will hold it up when you move out of the float position. If you are not lucky you will need to make a safety prop. A piece of channel stock cut to the right length to fit around the lift arm ram and hold the ram(s) in extended position is a pretty standard safety prop.

The issue with jacking is getting the bucket up enough to get a jack under it. If necessary you could use a pry bar to get it up enough to shove a board under it. Repeat and rinse until you get it up a few inches or enough for your lowest jack. Do NOT get your hand or any other body part under the bucket or loader frame. DO set the brakes on the tractor and block the wheels while jacking. If you have another tractor on site, use that FEL to lift the dead loader bucket- that's a lot easier.

If you winch the tractor onto the trailer backwards, leave the loader in float until the front tractor wheels start up the ramps. Then release from float. The loader should stay up. Put blocking under the bucket before lowering it and securing the bucket to the trailer. You will need to jack it back up before unloading.

Fun project and hopefully it won't be a big deal to get the tractor running again.

Treefarmer
    fdmars, OxPath, johnH123 and 3 others like this.
    John Deere 790, 300 loader w Ken's Bolt on Hooks & Piranha tooth bar, grapple, back blade, box blade, Bush Hog mower, couple of red tractors, hay equipment, various old stuff some red, one orange, some I don't remember

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Treefarmer For This Useful Post:

eyeboltman (03-30-2019), JD4044M (03-28-2019)

5. Top | #3
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 09:34 PM
    NW Oregun Gutterslut...the Wet Side.... Gaston
    Thanks
    Treefarmer nailed it and saved me a ton of typing.

Do as described above. The loader will lift and with luck may stay up..or load it backwards.
    JD4044M likes this.
    Dan

JD 955 ,70A loader, 60" mmm , Original I-match ,4' woods B hog , 5' Box blade , 12' orchard plane/driveway grader ,various other doo-dads & homebuilt implements. Goossen BFBlower, JakeRake..this thing is different.
    Kubota U-15
    Kubota RTV 900

47 8n......good times..V8 in my future possibly

Pharrell Williams - Freedom (Video) - YouTube ...George Michael - Freedom! ’90 (Official Video) - YouTube..

6. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

7. Top | #4
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 01:00 PM
    Thanks
    My concern would be if it has the ehydro trans. Can it be dragged onto a tralier and not damage the trans?
    JD4044M likes this.
    J
    John Deere 2030 w/245SL Loader
    John Deere 6415 w/640SL Loader
    John Deere 285 50" deck Stolen May 2017
    John Deere x485 62" deck AWS
    Kawasaki Mule 2510 4x4 bought new 1996
    Ford F250 4x4 bought new 1978

8. Top | #5
    Last Online
    Today @ 12:50 AM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,701 Times in 1,288 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Zebrafive View Post
    My concern would be if it has the ehydro trans. Can it be dragged onto a tralier and not damage the trans?
    With the range selector in neutral it should free wheel.
    Kennyd and JD4044M like this.
    2012 2720 -- 200CX Loader -- 54" Quick Attach Snow Blower -- Frontier LR5060 Rake -- Land Pride RB1660 Blade (Hydraulic Angle) -- Artillian 42" Forks -- Ken's Bolt on Grab Hooks -- Fit Rite Hydraulic top-link -- 2013 X500 for mowing duties

9. Top | #6
    Last Online
    11-07-2019 @ 04:12 PM
    Thanks
    If there’s another tractor around you could hook the loader to that to lift as well.
    Kennyd, BigJim55 and JD4044M like this.
    2010 2320 with 200cx FEL
    54D MMM
    54" front mount blower
    Titan 42" forks w/ receiver hitch
    County Line 5' tiller
    6' JD rear blade (tree find)

10. Top | #7
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 09:17 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,135 Times in 2,578 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Zebrafive View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jgayman View Post
    With the range selector in neutral it should free wheel.
    Correct answer JG.

Quote Originally Posted by Cutty72 View Post
    If there’s another tractor around you could hook the loader to that to lift as well.
    Or a forklift.
    Kenny

-John Deere 3720 Deluxe Cab TLB
    FEL, MMM, Artillian 42" Forks and Modular Grapple, I-Match, Ballast Box, and lots of other STUFF.
    -John Deere 455 w/60" MMM

Bolt on Grab Hooks and other cool stuff are now for sale!!

Visit our YouTube Channel

My Equipment:
    John Deere 3720 Deluxe Cab, 300cx FEL, 366 Front Blade, 59" Front Snowblower, Ballast Box
    Artillian 3K Forks, Grapple, Front-Hoe Bucket
    John Deere 455, 60" MMM

11. Top | #8
    Last Online
    11-07-2019 @ 04:12 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Kennyd View Post

Or a forklift.
    I meant hook the loader hyd hoses to the other tractor, lift the loader, then disconnect and put on the trailer. Once the loader is up, if the hoses are disconnected and there are no leaks, it can't go down again.
    2010 2320 with 200cx FEL
    54D MMM
    54" front mount blower
    Titan 42" forks w/ receiver hitch
    County Line 5' tiller
    6' JD rear blade (tree find)

12. Top | #9
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 02:06 PM
    Thanks
    If you can't get a jack under loader, and have no other tractor to lift it up with... put the loader in float, and jack the back end up as you can. That will pivot the nose down with the loader arms pivoting up. Then take it out of float and let the jack down. The loader will come up off the ground. As with the other suggestions, this of course assumes the hydraulics are not FUBAR to begin with.

Always chock the wheels when you're doing any of this. The loader on the ground may be the only thing holding it in place, so it will be happy to roll away once you starting jacking things up.
    fdmars and Treefarmer like this.
    1025r | 60D | Forks | AV20F Grapple & 3rd SCV | 60" Box Blade | Danuser G20/40 Auger | Titan Pine Straw Rake | Kenny's hooks, springs, & diff lock pedal | LED Lighting Upgrades | HF Quick Hitch w/ extended top hook | Heavy Hitch weight bracket & toothbar | Custom loader snow plow

13. Top | #10

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 07:28 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Cutty72 View Post
    I meant hook the loader hyd hoses to the other tractor, lift the loader, then disconnect and put on the trailer. Once the loader is up, if the hoses are disconnected and there are no leaks, it can't go down again.
    You couldn't relieve the pressure to disconnect the hoses without lowering the bucket.
    John Deere 4310 tractor, New Holland 575E backhoe, John Deere F725 mower

14. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast