3032 runs for about 30 minutes then shuts down.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: 3032 runs for about 30 minutes then shuts down.

1. Top | #1

Last Online
    05-11-2019 @ 12:16 PM
    Thanks

3032 runs for about 30 minutes then shuts down.

My 3032 runs about 30 minutes then dies abruptly, no warning. around 5 minutes and it will start again, runs maybe 10 minutes and abruptly quits again. wait a few minutes to start it and do it all again. I found a thread on this, but no answer.

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Last Online
    11-18-2019 @ 02:32 PM
    Thanks
    Sounds like a bad fuel pump or short in the wiring to the fuel pump. Not a mechanic, just my first thought and where I would probably start.
    IndyFarmLife - (Adam or Chris)
    Check us out on YouTube - Indy Farm Life

Tractors: JD 4052R, JD 4105, JD 2520 Other Non-Green Machines: Case 580K backhoe, Grasshopper 928D, Grasshopper 721D, Husqvarna 390XP, 450, 455 and 460 Rancher

4. Top | #3
    SRG
    Last Online
    10-06-2019 @ 10:47 PM
    Thanks
    Any recent fuel system maintenance performed?

1997 JD 870 (28hp Yanmar), FWA, R1's, 300x loader, 61" bucket, 42" Titan forks, Pat's Easy Change.
    [72" KK box blade, 72" KK landscape rake, 72" Titan pine straw rake, 72" Express Steel snow pusher{XP24}, 60" KK tiller, 60" rotary cutter, middle buster, boom pole]
    2004 JD 797 (29hp Kawasaki) Z-Trak, 72" 7-Iron deck, Mulch blades, Carlisle AT101's.
    Stihl: MS250C/18", FS70R, HS45/18".

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4
    Last Online
    10-13-2019 @ 05:18 PM
    Thanks
    check all fuel filters
    2018 3025E W/loader, 64" 3-pt Frontier Snow blower,

7. Top | #5

Last Online
    Thanks
    I am tied up till 1st of the week. No recent fuel system maintenance done. I will check the fuel filler cap first as it was run in some really dusty conditions a lot before it started doing this. Then fuel filters. THANKS!!

8. Top | #6
    Last Online
    07-28-2019 @ 12:20 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnybegud View Post
    I am tied up till 1st of the week. No recent fuel system maintenance done. I will check the fuel filler cap first as it was run in some really dusty conditions a lot before it started doing this. Then fuel filters. THANKS!!
    Also take a look at the air filter
    John

2016 JD 3046 R Cab, With 165 Loader / Power Angle Rear Blade / Brush Hog / Forks / Box Blade / and Tiller.

Previous tractors: 2002 JD 4310 E Hydro, 2006 Kubota 2350, Both gone to new homes.

9. Top | #7
    Last Online
    Today @ 10:16 PM
    Thanks
    My 3032 runs about 30 minutes then dies abruptly, no warning. around 5 minutes and it will start again, runs maybe 10 minutes and abruptly quits again. wait a few minutes to start it and do it all again. I found a thread on this, but no answer.
    To me it sounds like Vapor Lock but not sure a diesel can do that? It is when the fuel gets so hot it boils and can't be pumped till it cools down and returns to liquid again. I would open the cap on my fuel tank when this happens to see if it has a vacuum sound coming off. Might have a plugged fuel tank vent.

Here is information on air lock;

Air is normally introduced into the fuel lines after you change fuel filters. You can prevent air lock by filling the new filter(s) completely with fuel and topping off a few minutes later once the fuel is absorbed by the filters. Run a ring of diesel fuel around the gasket with your finger before reinstalling the filter and you should be good to go.
    But what happens if you run the tank dry, or if you have a small leak in the fuel line or at any of the connection fittings? In these situations, air can enter the system and cause air lock. You must identify how and where the air got into the lines in the first place, and then remedy the cause before proceeding to the fix.
    Fortunately, it’s a lot easier to cure an air lock situation in a diesel than for a diver to recover from the bends. (The diver gets re-pressurized in a hyperbaric chamber; the diesel requires a few good crescent wrenches and lots of rags.) The key is to “bleeding the engine” so that all of the air in the lines is expelled. This is a tedious task, but not too difficult. In many cases, you can do the job yourself without the help of a professional mechanic.
    To start the process, locate the manual fuel pump primer on the engine. This may be a small lever you pump up and down, or a plunger-type you push in. Open up the bleed screw on top of the secondary fuel filter, and start pumping the primer pump. You will likely see both fuel and bubbles coming out of the bleed screw. Continue pumping the primer until nothing but pure, bubble-free fuel comes out of the top of the secondary filter. (If you have two filters, do this procedure for both.) At that point, close the bleed screw and crank the engine to see if it starts, and then run it at speed for at least 10 minutes, listening for any anomalies.
    If the engine starts right up and runs smoothly, you’re one of the lucky ones. In many cases, though, there are more air bubbles downstream in the system. Thus, if the engine quits again, repeat the bleeding process using the bleed screw on the injector pump, and then on the top of each injector one at a time (this is the tedious part), closing each tightly once fuel runs out bubble-free.
    Last edited by JD4044M; 04-26-2019 at 12:24 PM.
    Tomfive and John R like this.

10. Top | #8
    Last Online
    11-18-2019 @ 02:32 PM
    Thanks

Any luck? Curious what was causing the issue
    IndyFarmLife - (Adam or Chris)
    Check us out on YouTube - Indy Farm Life

Tractors: JD 4052R, JD 4105, JD 2520 Other Non-Green Machines: Case 580K backhoe, Grasshopper 928D, Grasshopper 721D, Husqvarna 390XP, 450, 455 and 460 Rancher

11. Top | #9

Last Online
    Thanks
    Finally got back out to the Country today and used the tractor to unload a pallet, then had a little time, so tried bush hogging. Tractor quit after 10 minutes. I waited a minute or so and it cranked back up. I worked than for probably 35 minutes. I had loosened the fuel cap and it was loose when tractor quit! After 2nd shutoff, I waited a couple minutes and it started and ran probably 15 minutes or so. After that, it would start after a couple minutes usually on the 2nd try, but would only run a minute or two. I thought I could take the long way back to the house.. Wrong. I had to leave it in back pasture after it would barely start and quit immediately with a big puff of smoke! I went back 30 minutes later just before heading back to town, thinking it would run and I could get it back to the house. NOT. Cranked and died with a puff of smoke twice. It was dark. so I left it. Will go back out tomorrow and see what I can do with it. Thanks for the help!!

12. Top | #10

Last Online
    05-03-2019 @ 07:51 AM
    Thanks
    I think that it could be the pto button. if it starts or wont start wiggle the yellow cap around ill bet it is as simple as that.

13. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast